PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Days until the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

This would be so great. I'd love to have "SpongeBob" Allen and his enormous rectangular torso here in NE!

medium.jpg

Is BB's buddy still with Chitown (Ted Washington trade, Ty warren trade up.)? I don't think so, but I'm too lazy to track it down (he had an Italian name).

I'd love to get a year and a half out of Jared Allen in our current situation and he and Chicago would probably benefit if he wants to play and they both want to make the best out of the situation

If we pound them on Sunday, it makes it an even better deal for them.:D

if jones is out a while we need another trade

Why not a veteran guard? Tackle play (particularly Solder) has been a weak spot especially against speed rushers, but is Cannon really an option or Fleming? Guard or Tackle or someone who can play both. We can release Barker or Devey to make room for a better player.

I am also on board with a Vincent Jackson acquisition. And a Jared Allen acquisition. And a Tony Gonzalez acquisition.

I really want to see us make the most of this opportunity. We have areas to improve and the Patriots not only have cap space, but they haven't mortgaged the future with any front loaded deals either. They could make it work for a few pick-ups and still be OK next year.

Why not a veteran guard? Tackle play (particularly Solder) has been a weak spot especially against speed rushers, but is Cannon really an option or Fleming? Guard or Tackle or someone who can play both. We can release Barker or Devey to make room for a better player.

I am also on board with a Vincent Jackson acquisition. And a Jared Allen acquisition. And a Tony Gonzalez acquisition.

I really want to see us make the most of this opportunity. We have areas to improve and the Patriots not only have cap space, but they haven't mortgaged the future with any front loaded deals either. They could make it work for a few pick-ups and still be OK next year.
A guard is always possible. But such a player would likely be a backup. We have two veteran guards playing now. I suspect that Belichick is OK with his four backups: Devey, Kline, Cannon and Fleming.
Barker is will be cut in any case, probably on Monday or Tuesday, for an addition on defense. We no longer need 10 OL's.

The bottom line is that the OL has not been the team's problem.

To put it another way, a DE or DL or even a RB would almost certainly get reps. That isn't at all clear if we signed a guard.

Wouldn't be against an interior linemen, but I think they are comfortable where the group is at right now.

Vincent Jackson on offense
Jared Allen on defense

Pass rusher. A DL that can put pressure on the QB can make the secondaries job a lot easier. With Jones out for a while our DL will probably have trouble consistently pressuring the QB.

Jared Allen's contract calls for a guaranteed $12.5M cap hit next season. That's something that's not going to be mentioned every time his name comes up over these next few days, but is a huge deal.

Pass rusher. A DL that can put pressure on the QB can make the secondaries job a lot easier. With Jones out for a while our DL will probably have trouble consistently pressuring the QB.

Veteran beast of a Pass Rusher. Even if it is for this year and next. We need to rattle Mr. Manning when they come to town.

Suh?

But, from recent news:

Detroit Lions have fielded calls, but don't plan to trade away anyone before deadline, including Ndamukong Suh

I just don't see any impact players i would want or they would want. No big names..maybe some middle of the road guys

Does anyone ever freely admit they're shopping a player?

"Oh yes, we have been fielding calls all week for Suh and intend to deal him soon. Hope he doesn't hear about it!"

Vincent jackson, please. He is only owed 5 million for the rest of the season.

So, you think that Belichick would be okay with paying someone like that 5+ million for half of the season?

I don't think he'd be okay paying him 5+ million for the entire season, or we'd have been in the mix for more big named players.

VJax also has double digit cap hits for 2015 and 2016 as well, just the same as he did for this year.

I certainly would be excited as a fan, but that's not anything like the typical kind of "value" signing that Belichick takes part in.

I just don't see any impact players i would want or they would want. No big names..maybe some middle of the road guys

Middle of the road guys are fine with me. Depending on what the plan is on defense, of course.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the rumors of Branch, but if he's not coming here then DL may be explored for a middle of the road type of guy. LB as well.

After all, we have that extra 4th rounder. As a fan, I know it's burning a hole in MY pocket due to the recent injuries, but I don't imagine that Belichick feels the same.

What about Arthur Brown? I think his name has been thrown around on here but nothing really. Whatcha guys think? I know everyone wants a Vjax addition, but i think Brown is a impact guy rite away! There isn't much out there and he's out there on the trade block.. what do you all think it would take to get him??..

What about Arthur Brown? I think his name has been thrown around on here but nothing really. Whatcha guys think? I know everyone wants a Vjax addition, but i think Brown is a impact guy rite away! There isn't much out there and he's out there on the trade block.. what do you all think it would take to get him??..
Why would the Ravens trade him to a fellow contender?

Wow Kraft being cheap, really shocking news.

Justin Tuck - modest cap hit ($2.5m), can probably be had from the winless Raiders for a late pick. Only question is whether his knee is ok. He's questionable this week against the Browns.

And, yes, he can rush the passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft