PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Days until the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone see us doing anything else, besides Ayers?

@AlbertBreer: Going into trade deadline, 15 of the 32 teams have less than $5 million in cap space. Six have more than $10 million. http://t.co/jsZCws8nim

@AlbertBreer: The 6 with more than $10M in cap space: Jags ($22.84M), Browns ($19.06M), Eagles ($16.31M), Jets ($12.82M), Titans ($11.86M) Pats ($10.54M).

@patscap: My numbers (8,602,200 in cap space) are off by $532,641. Why? My numbers include this week's transactions.Hoping that the NFLPA's nos do not
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we plan to rollover this space into this year or "mortgage the future" and make a move?

One move I would consider "going all in" for:

@ttwentyman: Martin Mayhew said he has no intention of trading Ndamukong Suh and doesn't expect to be active at the deadline

Last edited:
Vincent jackson, please. He is only owed 5 million for the rest of the season.

Should we plan to rollover this space into this year or "mortgage the future" and make a move?

Four reasons not to mortgage the future: Revis, McCourty, Jones, Gostkowski. [I know Jones doesn't need a new contract this offseason, but I'm not opposed if it'll save significant $$ down the road.]

Four reasons not to mortgage the future: Revis, McCourty, Jones, Gostkowski. [I know Jones doesn't need a new contract this offseason, but I'm not opposed if it'll save significant $$ down the road.]

There's no Randy Moss on this market, no one player is going to put them in a position where they are so much stronger they will become the favorite to win it all. If there were a player who could do that then I could see making the move, since there isn't just try to shore it up and win with what they have while securing Revis and McCourty for the future, and then use the offseason to make them stronger for the next few seasons.

I think we should keep the cap space we have and roll it over to next year. We have a lot of NLBTE bonuses that are likely to be earned. Those will hit the cap next year if they are earned. So unless we roll some cash over we will have less money next year to sign our free agents and sign players in free agency. I'd rather see us sign DMac, Revis and Gostkowski during the off season than trade for say Vincent Jackson and not afford our other free agents.

i'll agree on VJax. Even as a rental he might be worgiving up that late 3rd rounder to boost the offense.

unless we get Vjax for amendola and the 7th we got back in the Ayers trade I dont want to waste money on an old reciever.

If only a LB was available... VILMA is probably to old? A DE? Andre Carter cheap but too old?

Someone who can actually rush the passer, preferably.

The only guy I can think of who may be on the trading block is Osi Umenyiora and he has sucked this year. It could be because the Falcons' defense sucks or it could be because he is done. He will come cheap, but I don't know if he is an upgrade.

There's no Randy Moss on this market, no one player is going to put them in a position where they are so much stronger they will become the favorite to win it all. If there were a player who could do that then I could see making the move, since there isn't just try to shore it up and win with what they have while securing Revis and McCourty for the future, and then use the offseason to make them stronger for the next few seasons.

I think we should keep the cap space we have and roll it over to next year. We have a lot of NLBTE bonuses that are likely to be earned. Those will hit the cap next year if they are earned. So unless we roll some cash over we will have less money next year to sign our free agents and sign players in free agency. I'd rather see us sign DMac, Revis and Gostkowski during the off season than trade for say Vincent Jackson and not afford our other free agents.

Agree with you guys. Were there a stellar Playoff difference maker available, I'd consider it. There isn't.

We also need a few million $ for possible earned incentives and sadly maybe to pick up a couple fill-ins as injuries mount. Roll it into 2015 to keep our contributors.

The only guy I can think of who may be on the trading block is Osi Umenyiora and he has sucked this year. It could be because the Falcons' defense sucks or it could be because he is done. He will come cheap, but I don't know if he is an upgrade.
He's done.

If only a LB was available... VILMA is probably to old? A DE? Andre Carter cheap but too old?

Possibly Chad Greenway from the Vikes. They are out of it. He has an $8 million base next year and will be 32. The Vikes may try to unload him by Tuesday because they are unlikely to keep him for the 2015 season (at least not at that number).

Also the Titans are reportedly shopping Wesley Woodyard and the Pats had interest in him during the offseason.

A 3-4 end (+Branch) and OLB or a 4-3 end is what's needed.

Aldon Smith? (I am prepared multiple dislikes, disagrees, and funnys)

The Buccaneers 4th round pick is going to someone by Tuesday

Jared Allen has been displaced as a starter at Chicago and is not happy. Could be addition by subtraction on a dissension filled team and the dumping of a contract?

Normally I wouldn't, as he's exhibited signs of being over the hill, but in the present situation?...

There was a better story than this, but the crux is, Allen has been injured/not played well, the guy he replaced is back from an injury, young and has 7 sacks already. It's the classic money for an old guy with no future, when you're young guy is playing all pro. If Tommy Kelly is willing to play for half or less to get a chance to play...

http://dawindycity.com/2014/10/22/jared-allen-concern-reduced-playing/

Last edited:
Is BB's buddy still with Chitown (Ted Washington trade, Ty warren trade up.)? I don't think so, but I'm too lazy to track it down (he had an Italian name).

EDIT: It was Jerry Angelo and he's gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey