PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sherman did was pretty blatant, it will be interesting to see if the leauge office does anything like suspend him for a game.

My biggest fear: Pats played soft with an 11-day rest. If they do that Sunday, Seattle will come out very strong and kick them around.

Should be a 2-score win. But never count out the Seachickens.

I would agree but the schedule really favors the Pats here. Two weeks to prepare vs. Seattle coming off a Monday night game and travelling across the country. You gotta play the schedule you're given, but it's one of the few times (says the Pats' homer ;) ) that the Pats have the advantage.

Of course, NFC games are really the least important games on the schedule, relatively speaking.
The Pats get the same treatment in about a month when they have to travel to Denver after a Monday night game in Foxboro. I'm not sure when Denver's bye is. the Yin and Yang of an NFL schedule. It gives and takes.

Taylor vs Pats "****TY" defense last week
19/38(50%) 183 yards
5 rush 48 yards 1 TD

Taylor vs the Seahawks VAUNTED defense
27/38 (71%) 289 yards 1 TD 1 INT
8 rush 43 yards 1 TD

Bills vs Pats on 3rd down 4 for 13 (30%)

Bills vs Seahawks on 3rd down 12 for 17 (70%)

but what about the EYE TEST!?!?

Nice OP. I think the answer to the personnel questions, like most weeks will be a little bit of everything.

Seattle's offense might have played its best game of the season. Graham, Kearse, and Baldwin are easily as tough a receiver challenge as the Steelers trio was, but different. You can't double all of them I look for Pete to want to create size mismatches on the Pats for Graham like he did so successfully with Mathews in the super bowl. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats try a number of looks for Graham to see. Roughing him up was a key when he played for NO. So you could see someone like Mingo playing head on him at the LOS trying to beat him up and playing trail technique, all with safety help over the top. On the other hand you can sometime play McCourty on him, or for that matter Chung. This could be a week for 3 safeties again.

The key is that you never give them the same look. On the other hand I'd keep Butler on Kerse or Lockette (whoever the 3rd receiver is) This is going to be a DB/DL game. The Seattle run game is horrific, and will only be used to rest their receivers. Wilson is the Seahawks most dangerous runner, and unfortunately is finally rounding back into full health. So I wonder just how many snaps our LB corp is actually going to get. I doubt we see more than a half dozen plays with 3 LBs on the field, and perhaps a majority of them with only 1.

On offense the Pats will present a really tough problem for them with 2 TE's in line. In effect it widens out their DE's and make the easier to block on the run. Buffalo had a lot of success against them with counter action looks and the RB hitting hard into the hole. I get the impression that the Seahawk DL, is very good, but a bit light in the pants and can me moved in with a power running attack.

I expect Chancellor, but not Bennett. Chancellor is always a factor in the run game, but when your 2 TE's are Gronk and Bennett the threat of PAP with either of them will keep him more honest.

I expect Seattle to play a lot of match up zone coverages. I think it would surprise some fans to know that Seattle mostly a zone team.

IIRC, the key strategy points for the Pats in the superbowl were to run crossing and not vertical routes, stop Bennett, and try and create match up advantages with Gronk. They failed miserably with Bennett, but did well with the other 2.

It will be interesting to see how Seattle tries and match up with the Pats. Will they try and cover Gronk with Chancellor, or a CB. Will they move Sherman around or can the Pats take advantage of the "other CB" if the keep him on the left. For example the Pat use their 3-1 formation with 3 receivers to one side and one on the other. It creates a one on one opportunity to the 1 side, and makes it very difficult to defend if you send you wide out deep and run your RB underneath him.

It will be a true test of where this team is at this point in the season. A great test for the OL and a better test for the DL. Hard to rush Wilson, but they have to stay disciplined and keep him in the pocket and never run past him

What sherman did was pretty blatant, it will be interesting to see if the leauge office does anything like suspend him for a game.

They won't. What he did was within the rules. No DPI if passer is out of the pocket.

I thought Seattle had alot of missed tackles vs the Bills last night. Shady looked pretty good for being banged up, we didn't have to play him the 2nd time. But over all was not that impressed with Seattle's D.. The Bills went up and down the field all game long. Out gained them and imo I think they probably out played Seattle. The Bills weakness is clearly their corner backs lots DPI's and lets face it the Bills got screwed last night.

We should beat Seattle like 34-23ish

kam is a liability in coverage, gronk should eat him alive.

Right because the Seahags D never gets to practice against a mobile QB during the week

They have a mobile back QB who probably plays scout team, but it's not enough to replicate Tyrod in my opinion.

Something tells me they have a starting QB that their D faces a lot that's better than Tyrod

So you're saying Russell Wilson played on 1st team and played on the scout team against the starting D at the same time? My GOD! That's incredible! Just hand the MVP to Russell Wilson right now.o_O

And just to add to what I was saying. The Seahawks are not familiar with the bills. we are. 1st team D playing against scout team is not the same thing as playing against the real deal for the 1st time.

Just in from @footballzebras - Gene Steratore will be doing SEA@NE.

I still remember Seahawks fans claiming that Lane going out in the Super Bowl after the INT was a big factor for the Patriots winning that game, heh.

Seahawks haven't lost by 10+ points since 2011.
Pats dominated 3 of the 4 quarters. Just a bitter SheHawk fan. See if She wants to place a friendly bet on Sundays game.

Lane looks like a liability in coverage for them. I expect Brady to pick on him quite a bit.

That could be an interesting matchup. The last time he met Julian Edelman, he'd picked off a Brady pass and Jules broke his arm with a big hit.

I sense a beat down coming to Seattle this Sunday night. BB has the more healthy, rested and more prepared team.. oh and more talented.. oh and its at home.. oh and Seattle has to travel across country to the eastern time zone. I am actually predicting a blow out. 34-17 maybe a late TD from Seattle to make it 34-24..

The only thing is if Blount gets hit in the backfield like Shady did last night he will probably go down and lose yardage. Shady made alot of yards after contact last night. But Seattle was run blitzing a lot I doubt they would do that against us.

seahawks will show up. they are gritty.

seahawks 24
pats 28

but deja voodoo

Shady sliced up the Seattle defense on MNF, I would expect the following key areas of emphasis:

-Seahawks have trouble stopping TEs and good pass catching tail backs out of the backfield. That fits right into our wheel house with Gronk/Bennett/Lewis/White in particular. We match up better with Seattle's defense than any other team based on personnel make up.

-The DTs will need to push the pocket well enough for the edge rushers to both pressure and contain Wilson.s

-Who matches up with Jimmy Graham? Seattle had success with Matthews in SB49 until we finally put Browner on him. Will this be Eric Rowe's coming out party?

So I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats try a number of looks for Graham to see. Roughing him up was a key when he played for NO. So you could see someone like Mingo playing head on him at the LOS trying to beat him up and playing trail technique, all with safety help over the top. On the other hand you can sometime play McCourty on him, or for that matter Chung. This could be a week for 3 safeties again.
I would try Eric Rowe on Graham, because Graham is WR not TE, Butler on Baldwin, Chung on Lockette, because Chung was awesome blanketing Ty Hilton. Ryan on Kearse and have problem who would cover Paul Richardson, because he is speedy. Jonathan Jones not practicing so maybe Coleman? Mccourty helping depends on the situation. Elandon Roberts as spy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST