PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a good game. Let's go over board. The first week of the season is very misleading a lot of the time. I saw a lot of good things from them today and a lot of bad things that the Texans didn't capitalize.

I don't think they are as good as the Ravens. At least not yet. The Texans could end up by midseason turn out to be a really bad team and this win won't be as impressive or they could be much better than expectations making this win more impressive.
Good point. Case in point: Week 1, 2003: Bills 31 Pats 0.

anyone actually watch the game? Sanchez had like 4 should have been pics that were simply dropped by Huston.

The Jets feel like they won the superbowl this week. Wait until they face a real team. Sanchez has no pocket presence and I pray we put some pressure on the QB next week. Their D looked scary good, but that could just be Houston's OL which hasn't ever looked good. That play where Jenkins picked up the center with one arm and threw him to the ground was hilarious.

Actually one of Sanchez's best qualities is his pocket presence he avoids the sacks when he gets blitzed. Had to scramble a few times and evaded the sack every time.

Sanchez threw three balls that could have been picked. one of them was. Texan dropped one, and leon broke the other one up.

Actually one of Sanchez's best qualities is his pocket presence he avoids the sacks when he gets blitzed. Had to scramble a few times and evaded the sack every time.

Sanchez threw three balls that could have been picked. one of them was. Texan dropped one, and leon broke the other one up.

Sanchez is going to have to outrun the likes of Adalius Thomas and Jerod Mayo next week, all the while Wilfork is caving in the center of the line. He's not going to have as easy a day evading the pass rush against the Pats as he did against the Texans.

The Jets have some solid players. Revis, Sheppard, D. Harris, Jones, and Washington to name a few. I believe Sanchez will be a tremendous player, so perhaps it's good to face him in his 2nd career game.

It's hard for me to see how they will be able to match the Pats offense scoring wise, but we will see.

If the Jets were playing in foxboro I'd say pats win no doubt. But it being in new york, the jets home opener, with all that energy coming off the first win, things might not be so easy as the pats think. Brady hasnt played in the meadowlands since the infamous spygate game in 2007, two whole years ago. Thats as hostile the territory is going to get this year for Brady. Pats will be coming off short rest from the monday night game. Wouldnt be surprised to see the jets pull the upset. The game will be a war between the Jets defense and the pats offense with the jets offense/pats Defense caught in the middle. If the jets do to brady what they did to schaub, the jets will prevail, if brady is protected the game belongs to new england. it boils down to that in the end.

anyone actually watch the game? Sanchez had like 4 should have been pics that were simply dropped by Huston.

Could have been 3 picks today.

I expect this number will be higher next week.

The boy can scramble I will give him that.

He is not a pocket passer.

Reminds me of a gunslinger like Favre, very strong arm but threw the ball 5 or 6 times when he sould have went down or thrown it away.

If the Jets were playing in foxboro I'd say pats win no doubt. But it being in new york, the jets home opener, with all that energy coming off the first win, things might not be so easy as the pats think. Brady hasnt played in the meadowlands since the infamous spygate game in 2007, two whole years ago. Thats as hostile the territory is going to get this year for Brady. Pats will be coming off short rest from the monday night game. Wouldnt be surprised to see the jets pull the upset. The game will be a war between the Jets defense and the pats offense with the jets offense/pats Defense caught in the middle. If the jets do to brady what they did to schaub, the jets will prevail, if brady is protected the game belongs to new england. it boils down to that in the end.

Brady has been in four Super Bowls. Something tells me that the hollowed grounds of the great Meadowlands aren't going to bother him as much as you think, or hope, they will.

Sanchez is going to have to outrun the likes of Adalius Thomas and Jerod Mayo next week, all the while Wilfork is caving in the center of the line. He's not going to have as easy a day evading the pass rush against the Pats as he did against the Texans.

Dont under estimate the Jets O line, one of the leagues best. And sanchez seems to have a set of wheels on him, something I didnt know until seeing the game today when he ran 10+ yds for the first. The pats need to be careful about the blitz, it opens up the short screen and dump passes and that is where leon washington thrives. if you watched the jets ravens pre season game, The ravens started blitzing every play, sanchez started to throw the short screens to leon who would take it 20 extra yds after the catch. And i think the Jets recievers are highly underestimated, keller cotchery and stuckey all hovered around 100 recieiving yds each today.

Brady has been in four Super Bowls. Something tells me that the hollowed grounds of the great Meadowlands aren't going to bother him as much as you think, or hope, they will.

Well the super bowl is certainly the biggest stage for pressure. But then again the crowd is split pretty evenly fan wise. but in new york, home opener, the 12th man factor, hated rival, only his second game since superbowl XLII, might be hard to adjust immediately.

Dirty Sanchez and that fat **** will still finish in 2nd so who cares

Dont under estimate the Jets O line, one of the leagues best. And sanchez seems to have a set of wheels on him, something I didnt know until seeing the game today when he ran 10+ yds for the first. The pats need to be careful about the blitz, it opens up the short screen and dump passes and that is where leon washington thrives. if you watched the jets ravens pre season game, The ravens started blitzing every play, sanchez started to throw the short screens to leon who would take it 20 extra yds after the catch. And i think the Jets recievers are highly underestimated, keller cotchery and stuckey all hovered around 100 recieiving yds each today.

Oh Good Lord, just how many trolls do we have in here?

The difference between the Texans and the Patriots is day and night, ok?

Texans are the only team in the NFL to NOT go to the playoffs, to NOT have a winning season in their entire history.

End of story.

I thought Jets D was pretty impressive. Pretty much what they have in Baltimore, minus Ed Reed and Ray Lewis but with all the attitude. Its going to be pretty crazy blitzing day next week against them.

Also, I thought Sanchez looked decent. With a lot of QBs around the league having a crappy day(and Cutler right now), he showed good poise and presence. I thought he was kinda reckless at times but I guess he is still a rookie. But boy, BB is going to turn his world upside down soon....

Texans are the only team in the NFL to NOT go to the playoffs, to NOT have a winning season in their entire history.

End of story.

So im a troll if i respectfully come in here and talk about my team with pats fans? odd to say the least.

I haven't: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/271064-thoughts-jets.html#post1500805

I'm glad you're optimistic about your team's chances. The fact of the matter is that the Texans suck. Sanchez is going to see blitz packages and formations that he has never, EVER seen before... even in his wildest dreams. I know the Jets' O-Line is good, but he's going to have to make very quick decisions next week. Decisions which will have to come to him a lot quicker than they did in the Texans game. Between the blitz packages he will see and the different looks Belichick is going to give him, if those decisions don't come quick enough he then he will either be crushed by the pass rush time and time again, or he will make costly mistakes and turnovers.

I will give your defense credit though. They brought it today and seem to have taken on the personality of their mentor. Next week will be a true test for them against Brady, Moss, and the like. You'll have a good idea what you're going to see out of them for the rest of the year after next week's game.

End of story.

He's not a troll. We will see the Jets trolls come out of the woodwork this week though. But this guy is not one of them. He's just very optimistic.

Jets trolls invading Patsfans happens every year around this time. They usually come in full of spunk and then disappear into thin air if the Jets lose (which they do the majority of the time). The only time they stuck around was last year. I guess they were proud that they barely beat a Matt Cassel led Patriots team...

Sanchez threw 4 easy picks, including 2 that would have been pick 6 material) in this game and the Texans only got one of them. The Jets will get pimped because they won a game.

If Sanchez plays like that Against New England, he'll get the hook by the third quarter.

I'm glad you're optimistic about your team's chances. The fact of the matter is that the Texans suck. Sanchez is going to see blitz packages and formations that he has never, EVER seen before... even in his wildest dreams. I know the Jets' O-Line is good, but he's going to have to make very quick decisions next week. Decisions which will have to come to him a lot quicker than they did in the Texans game. Between the blitz packages he will see and the different looks Belichick is going to give him, if those decisions don't come quick enough he then he will either be crushed by the pass rush time and time again, or he will make costly mistakes and turnovers.

I will give your defense credit though. They brought it today and seem to have taken on the personality of their mentor. Next week will be a true test for them against Brady, Moss, and the like. You'll have a good idea what you're going to see out of them for the rest of the year after next week's game.

I had reserved optimism until today and now im cauciously optimistic. I know we won against the texans who i have been raving about as being all hype. espn touts the fact that they won 5 of their last 6, but they fail to mention that only one of those wins was against a team that went to the playoffs. beating up on the lions, browns, bengals, jags, does not scream elite or contender to me.
And I agree beating the texans doesnt say much, i would not have been surprised if we blew them out scoring over 30, which we could have, but we took a knee inside their 20. But the manner in which we won got me excited. its hard enough to have a defensive shutout regardless of the difficulty of the opponent, we didnt let them cross into jets territory until halfway through the second quarter. and they looked like 3rd stringers in a preseason game.
My goal is obivously to win the division but realistically ill be ecstatic with a wildcard playoff birth. I dont expect to win this game, but hope to, cuz I really dont think the jets will in in foxboro, so better split the series at home if we can. I think we can possibly get a wildcard birth, since teams like miami have a stacked schedule through their bye, our first 4 games are tough but after that we have a bit of a vacation if you will facing buffalo and oakland.
Before today I thought the pats would win handily in week 2, but now i think it will at the very least be a fun game to watch, competitive on both sides, medium scoring. if the jets win, i dont see it being more than a field goal or td, but i can definately see the pats winning 28-17, 31-21, 27-10, something along those lines. I hope sanchez keeps his cool with the looks BB gives him, but hopefully the running game can get off to a better start than it did today, eventhough it ended on a high note with TJ breaking 100.

OH and im a bit curious, are you guys at all considered by the loss of seymour?

and, are you worried about having two new starting cornerbacks?
(I think theyre both first time pats, but not sure)

Who said we have two new starting CB's? We don't know who will start tomorrow or even if we will play a 3-4 or 4-3.. but we're not worried.. so why should you be?

Sey was a short term loss.

Better we lose him now for a 1st round than a 3rd round after this season.

The Pats have covered up for the loss of Seymour before. They probably will now.

I consider the CBs overall are better than last year. The Pats had to spend much of the year having Deltha O'Neal getting burnt all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft