PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Peter King said on Football night in America that he talked to Ryan after the game and Ryan said the Patriots were better at TWO positions, Quarter Back and Head Coach..........Randy you there? You hear that?

Hey guys, great to be seeing a small ammount of respect here. Going to be a great game. I live in CT and only going to 2 away games, Miami and Pats this year. All I ask is pleast dont spit on my kids this year after the game because it got ugly last year up there. (actually the Pats fans parked near us were great and even shared the beer after the game). Don't look forward and take care of tomorrow.

So, Peter King said on Football night in America that he talked to Ryan after the game and Ryan said the Patriots were better at TWO positions, Quarter Back and Head Coach..........Randy you there? You hear that?

Let him talk. I am sure Rodney was calling and texting players on the Pats when he was off camera with more details.

Texans isn't that much of a good team to pressure Dirty Sanchez, till they meet us in week 2, only then they'll see whats it like to be a crappy rookie at QB. For now, we gotta go hunting for some buffalo bills.

the jets have an OK QB and a fine OL.

ithink the texans are not as good but its also naturalfor us to blame the opponent than give credit ti the jets. on theroad .opening day with a rookie qb and LB pace out for 4 games and no shaun ellis and they came away with a win.if nothing else..this gives them a lot of confidence which every team needs...

Let's face it. We'll have our hands full just beating the Bills. We are totally outclassed against the Jets. They have a better defense, a better running game, and a better coach. And Sanchez will give TB a run for his money for who is the better QB out there. The Jets are going to go all the way, Rex Ryan gets coach of the year, Mark Sanchez is OROY, Vernon Gholston is DPOY, and we are just road kill in their path. We had a nice run, but we should know how to gracefully bow to the inevitable when we see it.

We're dooooooooomed!!!!!!! :D
How did PATSNUTme's favorite lad look? :cool:

Sanchez looked poised and played well. Made good decisions. Only one game against a lesser opponent but a solid D (Harris had a good game), a running game, plus some intelligent play at QB will win a few games for the NYJ.

The Jets played one good game and Sanchez looked good. Lets not forget that Houston's defense is pathetic with the exception of Mario Williams. Also, Stuckey is not going to run wide open down the middle of the field against the Pat's secondary. The bottom line is that Sanchez is going to have a tough time throwing when he is running for his life all game. In Bill We Trust!

I thought the Jets played a damn good game. Got to hand it to them. Especially Sanchez and the D.

The Jets played well, they have a good defense and are strong up the middle.

The offense played well but I don't think they will set the world on fire.

Brady should spread 5 wide this will take away the Jets biggest strength.

I watched the whole game and thats the way I see it. :D

Easy schedule 9-11 wins for the Jests. Maybe win the division. Pats schedule is way too tough this season. Too bad.

The Texans were abyssmal on offense and their defense was bizarrly useless on 3rd downs.

Be interesting to see how the JETS fare playing a team with a high functioning offense. Because that really does change the complexion of a game...

Easy schedule 9-11 wins for the Jests. Maybe win the division. Pats schedule is way too tough this season. Too bad.

I thought you were being sarcastic but after a quick post check I guess you're just...how shall I say it...an over-reactionary.

The Jets feel like they won the superbowl this week. Wait until they face a real team. Sanchez has no pocket presence and I pray we put some pressure on the QB next week. Their D looked scary good, but that could just be Houston's OL which hasn't ever looked good. That play where Jenkins picked up the center with one arm and threw him to the ground was hilarious.

I thought you were being sarcastic but after a quick post check I guess you're just...how shall I say it...an over-reactionary.

No i'd say he's a Jets fan with a fake Patriots forum name. Plenty of people do and play the "naysayer". No way in hell as long as Brady is healthy the Jets win the division and heck I doubt make the playoffs while i'm at it. They just beat a team that's never played in an NFL playoff game and don't look close to ever accomplishing that task.

Last edited:

Well, since the Pats haven't even started the season and the Jets have only played one game, I think we have a rock solid handle how each team will be. I agree it is time to conceed the season. The Pats showed me nothing today that makes me think they can beat the Jets for the division. Brady didn't get a single yard. No one on defense made a single play.

Mangini still screwing us, he should have drafted Sanchez with #5 and dealt the other two, thanks for screwing us again Eric...........

No i'd say he's a Jets fan with a fake Patriots forum name. Plenty of people do and play the "naysayer".\

I love how anytime people disagree with people like you, they must not be patriot fans.

The thing that struck me is that we KNOW the Jets O-Line can be penetrated. They looked like studs in this game. I think Sanchez is in for pressure like he's never seen if our D is up to bringing the heat. And the KNOWN quantities of this 4 man line (Wilfork, Warren, Burgess, Green, Wright) are more than capable of bringing the heat.

The Jets O-Line might be in the top five in all of football. They are pretty damn good.

The Jets have some solid players. Revis, Sheppard, D. Harris, Jones, and Washington to name a few. I believe Sanchez will be a tremendous player, so perhaps it's good to face him in his 2nd career game.

It's hard for me to see how they will be able to match the Pats offense scoring wise, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes