PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Possible Moss return in 2011?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you like it if Moss was signed by the Patriots next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will not be back. Bridge is burnt with BB, it stays that way.

Branch is back and that was way more f'd up situation then moss. BB said nothing bad about moss, so how do you figure?

You mad ?...

Someone was going to make this thread and I made it after seeing someone mention something about it in another thread. Also notice that the poll is nearly 50-50 on if people want him back.

Only because Randy was close to tears ... the soap opera thing.

He will not be back. Bridge is burnt with BB, it stays that way.

Branch is back and that was way more f'd up situation then moss. BB said nothing bad about moss, so how do you figure?

I don't think it's a personal bridge that is burned meaning that BB is cool with Randy on a personal level (as opposed to AD but thats a guess). I still chalk it up to that Randy no longer felt that he'd be able to put up the numbers to justify making more coin in FA that what the NEP were offering.

Branch is proof that sometimes the burnt bridge can be repaired. I don't think he will be back because Moss will still want to be paid and the Pats aren't going to give him what he's looking for.

But would I like to see him back on the cheap? Yes, absolutely. I'm a sucker like that. :)

I wouldn't mind if we resigned Randy as long as he didn't complain about his "touches" or how he's used in the offense, but I think BB has made it pretty clear he's not in the plans next year, don't you?

I don't think I've ever heard him complain about touches and next year's plan is still pretty wide open, who knows what the cards hold. I suspect the plans aren't even known internally with all the CBA uncertainty.

with 8 picks in the first four rounds the Pats are going to sign a 33 year old going on 34 Randy Moss...for three years? Really?...

I stopped smoking weed back in the 70's....looks like there's some real brain blaster buds going around today...

Last edited:
Sure but not for the big $ he can get elsewhere. Emotionally yes, rationally, no.

Judging from the posts and the poll, must be mostly Vikings fans voting...

I would sign an elder WR like Derrick Mason far before I would resign Moss

Yes,I am serious

Moss is done

7 yards against a bottom ranked and young defense tells you his time as a elite receiver has gone,he is still a legitimate threat downfield but he lost his breakaway speed,he is not the same Randy from 2007

I don't even think he is top 10 in the NFL anymore....some still think he is,I dont

Ya know, if I'm judging by just what I've seen in the short season, especially in Minny, then I'd have to agree. I know some are going to disagree and talk about how he's learning a new system and how defenses are keying on him, and they'd have somewhat valid arguments, but Randy has been double-teamed for the better part of his whole career and has been far more productive. Age seems to be catching up to him as fast as he was able to blow by defenders.

Judging from the posts and the poll, must be mostly Vikings fans voting...

Why would a Vikings fan want us to take Moss?? :confused:

You realize this was a public poll.

I wouldnt mind but I wont cry if he isnt either. I do think that Welkers game has been hindered by his absence though and I do miss his presence for that.

Tate, Welker, Branch, Moss, Edelman, price= Really good group of WRs

Moss isn't the old Moss but he will still contribute if he is given a lesser role and a smaller contract.

I don't think I've ever heard him complain about touches and next year's plan is still pretty wide open, who knows what the cards hold. I suspect the plans aren't even known internally with all the CBA uncertainty.

"Touches" was the wrong word, I guess, but Randy is a one trick pony at this point, and if you aren't going to throw deep to him, I think he does complain behind the scenes. But, more importantly, if BB was going to have him back next year, he would have kept him this year. He won't be back, IMO.

A begrudging "no" from me. This team ultimately needs a deep threat WR. Even if they win the Super Bowl this season that's something they need to address. Moss obviously would address that even if he's not quite the player he once was.

But Belichick made it clear that Moss is not worth his production plus the drama. He clearly did his "friend" Childress no favors handing him Moss on a silver platter - and I predicted at the time it would ultimately cost Childress his job.

Moss was worth the limited drama for the vast majority of his first tour of duty with the Pats, but I'm not so sure he is now and his not so thinly veiled shots at Childress could be proof that he's not.

I think Moss would LOVE to come back here now that he's reminded that the grass isn't greener... but I doubt Belichick would feel he's worth the drama at this stage.

after seeing the moss press conference today its a possibility he returns. i thought he was close to tears talking about how much he missed his former teammates and bb..

Never coming back. That ship has sailed. Loved him while he was here, but it's done, as it should be.

OK
Boys and girls question for you

Name the last prima Donna on a team that won a super bowl?

Can't remember any,we were close but no cigar

The Moss era is over. He wants a big money extension. Pats won't pay big for Moss anymore. Good to see him again, and thankfully he didn't hurt us this game. Percy Harvin was a bigger threat in tonight's game.

From what I see, there is less than meets the eye.

Moss wants the last big contract and the Partiots were not giving it. Based on Moss wanting to play for that contract and the Pats offense revolving; the trade was made.

The question everyone has to ask is what will Randy be offered for 2011? Think a 2-3 year $10-20 million is not worth it?

It would be and this offense will be sick.
Ask TO how tghis thing goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back