PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Possible Moss return in 2011?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you like it if Moss was signed by the Patriots next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a Vikings fan want us to take Moss?? :confused:

You realize this was a public poll.

Was seems to be the operative term. And to answer your question, so they don't get stuck with his final agonizing contract...

The Moss era is over. He wants a big money extension. Pats won't pay big for Moss anymore. Good to see him again, and thankfully he didn't hurt us this game. Percy Harvin was a bigger threat in tonight's game.

I keep hearing this, yet Moss was clearly given more attention by the defense, which is directly contradictory to the idea that Harvin is a bigger THREAT.

This was a tough call I voted no.

TO is putting up big numbers against prevent defenses with large leads. Still...numbers are numbers and those are what get you the contracts. Maybe Jerry Jones will sign him back again...because Dallas is desperate.

Randy is such an enigma at this point and the stripper you never marry. He looks depressed out there on the field and sideline, but I really think he's still got great game left in his body. He's still outrunning people and his hands are the best in the NFL. You gotta wonder what's going on outside of football for him...He is a good guy, but a guy with thin skin for anything negative said to him I think. He's way too volatile for THIS franchise...BB had to work too hard to make him happy by glorifying him in every press conference and electing him captain. His mood swings are incredible and quite bizarre to watch and they happen so quickly. I like the guy and think he can be spectacular in spurts, but there is way too much baggage and the debts dont outweigh the gains.

Was seems to be the operative term. And to answer your question, so they don't get stuck with his final agonizing contract...

Allow me to correct my inaccuracy: You realize this is a public poll.

You are adding an assumption not part of this poll. The question was not, "would you want Moss back with an agonizing contract". I think the results would have been a bit different.

Sure. Under the right circumstances. If he came in here cheap to finish his career with TB, how could anyone complain?

The way he ended his presser...he is setting himself up for something...

Even though our offense is more consistent without him, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pats uniform again.

Consistent....ly bad?

I am no fan of Randy Moss, that is no secret.

But if at the end of the season he goes to Belichick/Kraft and said, "you guys have me chance, and in the end my ego got too big and I stopped being a team player, that was a big mistake, I would like a second chance. If I get zero catches thats okay. I am willing to play the role of decoy, that I was pouting over." And Randy was willing to sign a contract that had a home town discount and was such that he was easily tradeable or cutable (small signing bonus + salary and incentives). Then I say sure.

But the keys to me are:

1. He admits he stopped being a team player and resolves to be one.

2. He doesn't demand too much money.

3. His contract is structured so that if is the bad Randy instead of a good Randy, the Pats can trade/cut him without having a cap issue.

with 8 picks in the first four rounds the Pats are going to sign a 33 year old going on 34 Randy Moss...for three years? Really?...

I stopped smoking weed back in the 70's....looks like there's some real brain blaster buds going around today...

Minor point, but it's 7; the Pats gave what will likely be the pick for Maroney to Seattle for Branch.

I keep hearing this, yet Moss was clearly given more attention by the defense, which is directly contradictory to the idea that Harvin is a bigger THREAT.

Moss is a bigger more consistent vertical threat, Harvin is more of a threat crossing over the middle. Id be more afraid of Harvin with the ball in his hands than Moss.

I think he wears his Patriots Jersey into the HOF. As they said today, he would not get to the HOF if BB didn’t take him in when so many people said he was through.

I think he wears his Patriots Jersey into the HOF. As they said today, he would not get to the HOF if BB didn’t take him in when so many people said he was through.

Think about what you just said... Keeping him involved and engaged and protecting him from emotional insult and injury and potential disconnect just became a draining exercise in diminishing returns. That will never change because Randy is who he is. An emotionally fragile guy who doesn't have the mentally tough makeup or physicality for that matter that this team knows you need at your core irrespective of talent if your goal is to win championships.

I don't doubt he goes into the HOF as a Patriot. I doubt many fans in Minny will shed a tear after this. He'll probably ask Bill to present him. Who else would?? But it's over here from a playing standpoint. Been there, done that, got as much as we could, extracted added value by acting pre emptively and it's just a memory now. And no matter how fond that memory is for some here, Bill isn't an emotional guy when it comes to making football business decisions. Which is why he moved Moss and moved this team on from Moss when he did.

screw FA'cy......

Tate for Moss Straight Up Swap

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:confused:---------> Moss love:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Based on how Moss acted post-game
So after a game, Moss gets up, talks about the opponent in glowing terms and throws his coaching staff under the bus, and that makes you think that BB will say, "Gee, wish I hadn't let this guy go. He is JUST what I need as an example for the young guys to show them how I want them to behave."

Next, how about a poll to see if BB should sign Favre as a vet QB backup? :rolleyes:

This is seriously lame.

If he came back for the right money and with the right attitude, I'd be happy. Do I think it will actually happen? I don't know how it could happen.

I'm as sentimental as it gets here (wanting Ty Law back in 2008 and Willie Mac last year) but I'd want him back ONLY if:

1. He signs dirt cheap, like in the $2-3 M range. Take care of the youngins first.

2. BB is absolutely sure the guy's learned his lesson like Branch.

3. Takes a back seat and doesn't become the main focus of our offense again, ball control is the way for this team.

I'm as sentimental as it gets here (wanting Ty Law back in 2008 and Willie Mac last year) but I'd want him back ONLY if:

1. He signs dirt cheap, like in the $2-3 M range. Take care of the youngins first.

2. BB is absolutely sure the guy's learned his lesson like Branch.

3. Takes a back seat and doesn't become the main focus of our offense again, ball control is the way for this team.

He won't, Bill's not that gullible, and that's not in his DNA.

Think about what you just said... Keeping him involved and engaged and protecting him from emotional insult and injury and potential disconnect just became a draining exercise in diminishing returns. That will never change because Randy is who he is. An emotionally fragile guy who doesn't have the mentally tough makeup or physicality for that matter that this team knows you need at your core irrespective of talent if your goal is to win championships.

I don't doubt he goes into the HOF as a Patriot. I doubt many fans in Minny will shed a tear after this. He'll probably ask Bill to present him. Who else would?? But it's over here from a playing standpoint. Been there, done that, got as much as we could, extracted added value by acting pre emptively and it's just a memory now. And no matter how fond that memory is for some here, Bill isn't an emotional guy when it comes to making football business decisions. Which is why he moved Moss and moved this team on from Moss when he did.

Moss is the one who needs a psychiatrist?

I don't care what anyone says, Randy Moss is still my favorite non patriot player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back