PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This whole Pre-2007 Brady thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Most people here are saying that we will never see the 2007 TB and that was an aberration. I don't believe that to be so. If his mechanics are wrong, he won't even be the non-2007 years Brady. Fact is if he gets his mechanics right, ofcourse he can be the 2007 TB (maybe not 50 TDs) but close to it. In yesterday's game if he had hit Moss and Welker - he would have had a 4TD game. Same with the other games before that. Its his rust and hopefully he will get over that soon and be his old self. I don't think 2007 was an aberration. He had better weapons and he showed his true prowess. He was out last year and is coming back and needs some time to get back into it.

My view is if his mechanics get better - he will be throwing 4TD passes every other game and we will see the 2007 TB.

After Manning's 49TD season, the most he's thrown since is 31.

The fact people are more obsessed with Brady's stats than the one stat that matters - the W - just goes to show you the effect that fantasy football has had on the average fan. Give me the '01, '03, and '04 versions of Brady that won the Super Bowl any day over the '07 Brady that set every QB record imaginable but did not win the Super Bowl. And no, I'm not saying the loss was Brady's fault (disclaimer for the Kneejerks). I don't care if he throws 17 TD passes to 7 INTs, I just want this team to win.

Brady is a 27-34 TD passer and that is what we have come to expect

27-34 TDs will get smaller every year as he gets older down the road,I would take 27-34 TD passes on an annual basis gladly.

After Manning's 49TD season, the most he's thrown since is 31.

Awesome. Manning won a SB after throwing 49. I don't care if TFB never throws a TD, if it leads to winning (obv over-stretching, but...).

I agree with the original poster... the likelyhood Brady is "done" is minimal. It is more probable that he is still rusty. Of course, nobody knows - at the time - if a pro will rebound or not. Brady can't play forever, nor can he excel forever. But I think he might just have a few more very good years in the tank.

For all we know, the 2011 1st rounder will blossom into a TD-type runner and Brady will pull an Elway, winning a few before retiring, after his prime is long passed.

Last edited:
My view is if his mechanics get better - he will be throwing 4TD passes every other game and we will see the 2007 TB.

Hear is my 'expert' analysis, Brady doesn't put enough air under the deep ball. Everything is a laser, toss it up and let Moss go get it. Not everything has to be a freaking piece of art.

im sorry but i find it hard to beleve that brady is just going to go nut's and throw 30 TD after the by week and win the MVP cause that's what payton manning did after he got hurt

he had 4 pre season game's and 5 regular season game's to get the rust off

if he is not over it by now then he is not going to get over it

payton manning averged 30 TD and 4200 yerd's a season befor he throw for 49 TD

after he throw for 49 TD he averged 30 TD and 4200 yerd's a season

brady averged 28 TD and 3800 yerd's a season befor throwing for 50 TD

i just dont think he will ever have more then 30 TD again

but who care's 50 TD do not = a SB win

it did not work for dan marino payton manning or tom brady

In previous weeks, we had a problem running the ball. Now that we have established the pass, we still have problems maintaining a constant rythym in the passing game.

The cause of this is our over dependence on our wide receivers. If you look back to our championship years, we found ways to get the ball to over ten different receivers in one game. We might have passes completed to four different wide receivers, three tight ends, three half backs, one full back, and maybe a linebacker. Creative ball distribution gave us an extra creative wrinkle in our offense.

How about we try getting the ball to Chris Baker? How about getting the ball to Lawrence Maroney in space? Imagine if Maroney took that long screen pass instead of Sammy Morris. Maybe that might have been a touchdown play in itself.

He looks like the 2002 version of Tom Brady to me, that forgotten season we all put out of our heads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3