PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Team Will be GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone agrees that the Offense will eventually be fine and will find their Red Zone groove

But who among us would have predicted that the Defense would be keeping the team in games until the Offense shook the rust off?

Most - including Belichick probably - expected that the Offense would blow out most teams and the defense only needed to be average.

The good play of the D is the biggest plus from the first three games.

the Offense is going to really get going once Brady gets more comfortable. Pats defense keeps playing this well were going to be tough to beat this season...super bowl here we come!!!

I think everyone agrees that the Offense will eventually be fine and will find their Red Zone groove

But who among us would have predicted that the Defense would be keeping the team in games until the Offense shook the rust off?

Most - including Belichick probably - expected that the Offense would blow out most teams and the defense only needed to be average.

The good play of the D is the biggest plus from the first three games.

JoeSixPat, you are right on the money with your comment. Nobody could have predicted this high level of play by the D. Talk about a very, very, pleasant surprise. Just imagine that Mayo, Wilfolk, Brace, Willhite, and Butler didn't even play this passed week (O.K., Wilfolk barely did). I'm VERY encouraged.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what IS actually wrong with Welker? It's blatantly obvious that the offense is sputtering because of his absence! When did he actually get hurt??? I get coach's secretiveness or whatever about injuries, but this is maddening. He is what get's this offense going and to keep him benched, and it being a decision right up to game time. It can't be that serious, and I can't see Welker as a player that wouldn't try to suck it up.

Someone has to know something besides injured knee.

Can someone please tell me what IS actually wrong with Welker? It's blatantly obvious that the offense is sputtering because of his absence! When did he actually get hurt??? I get coach's secretiveness or whatever about injuries, but this is maddening. He is what get's this offense going and to keep him benched, and it being a decision right up to game time. It can't be that serious, and I can't see Welker as a player that wouldn't try to suck it up.

Someone has to know something besides injured knee.

Wish I knew more but I don't think it's a long-term thing as he was a game-tiem decision on Sunday.

Yes the offense is sputtering but I did on Monday night vs Buff w/ Welker too.

I think the core issue is Brady, his accuracy and timing. Once he gets that back, the red zone offense (in which timing and accuracy is critical) will improve.

Even Brady said, "once we get Wes back, we'll be good"

It's hard to know if it's a sore knee, that is going to get back to 100%, or an "injured" knee at some level, that they'll have to baby.

No telling.

Welker is a difference maker, though, for sure.

It's hard to know if it's a sore knee, that is going to get back to 100%, or an "injured" knee at some level, that they'll have to baby.

No telling.

Welker is a difference maker, though, for sure.

I think Welker still goes over 100 catches this year. Just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News