This Team Is Really Great In Three Of The Four Phases Of The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OFFENSE
Brady's ability to change plays was discussed often by the announcers. Everyone knows the second play and adjusts. Josh's schemes are really amazing. BALT supposedly had the best defense in the NFL. It was certainly considered close. Josh and Tom really confused them. We had 4 players out there at TE including Fleming and Develin. Hogan was runner a couple of times. The flea flicker worked!

DEFENSE
We played 7-8 men in coverage for most of the game. Four men started the play looking like they were coming,. Sometimes we rushed 3, sometimes 4. BALT had no clue who was coming. As an example of the confusion caused, Chris Long was in coverage almost the entire game.

SPECIAL TEAMS - KICKING AND COVERAGE
We have the best in the NFL. Our kickers are awesome. Our coverage guys are also awesome.

SPECIAL TEAMS - RETURNS
This is worst I have ever seen from a patriot team in a long time. Obviously, I exclude Edelman who we don't to see back there as a returner. Can't we find a returner ANYWHERE? We sign folks off the street for other positions. Why not returner?

SPECIAL TEAMS - RETURNS
This is worst I have ever seen from a patriot team in a long time. Obviously, I exclude Edelman who we don't to see back there as a returner. Can't we find a returner ANYWHERE? We sign folks off the street for other positions. Why not returner?

Good news here is that the returns should be the easiest to fix since we are talking about breakdowns of a single person each time.

I miss Brad Seeley.

Brad was good. Scotty OBrian was pretty good too.

I don't know how much of this ST inconsistency you pin on Joe Judge. Maybe some. Just not sure its fair to throw him under the bus for Gost's and Cyrus' yips.

The punt/kick coverage has been elite
Allen has been elite.
Cardona has some snap issues early but hes been great since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back