PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is a HUGE game...for my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is all of the other talent overrated because Brady carried them? Or is all of the other talent underrated because Brady got too much of the credit as the face of the franchise.
This week will begin to answer those questions.

I really don't think those are fair questions - I'd hate to see whatever transpires over the next 18 weeks of football to have any impact on Brady's legacy in a negative fashion. No one takes anything away from Joe Montana just b/c Steve Young had success as well.

I do think Brady has made the OL better than it is, and I think we may see some of that. But like I said, if Cassel performs well - and I think he will, then it says something good about Matt Cassel, it doesn't say Tom Brady was overrated or anything.

Last edited:
Re: This is a HUGE game......for my opinion

We can expect that Mangidiot will load the box with 8 to stop the run, at leats this is what I'm thinking. So, what is the best way to counter this kind of defence where the run stop is the priority?
I don't know the answer to this question. Is is is quick slants and out with screens? Someone with a better understanding of the x's and o's can chime in here, please!
If the Rats to load the box with 8, Cassel will have to throw more than most would expect.
My initial reaction to Cassel becoming the full time QB is that we would run alot more and play a far more conservative offence. Which made the Lamont Jordan signing a very smart one because if we run alot more there is a good chance that one of Maroney, Morris or Jordan will get dinged up and miss some time.
Which brings me back to loading the box to stop the run.
In short I have no idea what to expect?
I know what I want to see. A balance attack where they don't try to hide cassels arm. He's got to be able to throw it for us to be successful, long term.
I just can't wit for sunday!!!

I can see Pizza Face (Mangini) not loading the the box with eight.....I think he kind of understands what BB and company will do. I see alot of crazy blitzing, outside pressure on Light and Kazcur. I see a long day for Cassel. The screen play is going to be VERY important in this game. Quick slants to Welker - who always seems to be open - our new Troy Brown. Should be interesting to get the first peak at life without Brady. I hope it isnlt a horror show. I'll be there in person.

I really don't think those are fair questions - I'd hate to see whatever transpires over the next 18 weeks of football to have any impact on Brady's legacy in a negative fashion. No one takes anything away from Joe Montana just b/c Steve Young had success as well.

I do think Brady has made the OL better than it is, and I think we may see some of that. But like I said, if Cassel performs well - and I think he will, then it says something good about Matt Cassel, it doesn't say Tom Brady was overrated or anything.

Brady's success is Brady's success. No matter how you grade the rest of the team, he did what he did.
My point is when you remove him are you removing what makes an average team good or a good team excellent.
Its not about Brady, its about the other 52. I shouldnt have said Brady getting too much credit, I shold have said everyone else not getting enough

Re: This is a HUGE game......for my opinion

I think its a big game for Cassels psychy,if he plays well he will be able to manage this team into the playoffs. If he flops it could get ugly fast. He's already alluded to not haveing confidence in himself as a QB after last weeks game.

Brady's success is Brady's success. No matter how you grade the rest of the team, he did what he did.
My point is when you remove him are you removing what makes an average team good or a good team excellent.
Its not about Brady, its about the other 52. I shouldnt have said Brady getting too much credit, I shold have said everyone else not getting enough

OK, I hear you - like I said, as I've become increasingly optimistic about the Patriots chances this season w/o Brady, I've also become increasingly worried about what the media will say about Brady when said success occurs. I agree - Brady's success is Brady's success, it can't be taken from him, if for instance this team goes onto win the division and deep into the playoffs.

This is a HUGe game for Cassel. Hopefully, he doesn't screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back