PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This and That (preseason game 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually all for the cuts and getting stronger.

This year : it'd be amazing if we could keep an extra 3 or 4 DL. Holy, just getting some crazy rotations of fresh rushing humungo players... Ugh. But there are worse problems to have than TOO many quality DLs.

I have to say that I did NOT see this coming at all (Ellis, AH, Carter,...) and even though I've not been on the "we need rushing the QB or we die" bandwagon, I admit that watching the aggression on D pleased me. A lot.

No idea why most of you hate on Jim Koch. The guy couldn't be a nicer person. Is he a little goofy? Sure, but that is only because he is always hammered.

Because the obnoxious self-absorbed little twit hounds the camera every time on home pre-season games. Many times I've missed seeing a play while he blathers on.

It was Welker and it pissed me off. It would've been an easy TD for Welker had Ocho just stood in the guys way for 1 sec.

Yes, I stand corrected, it was Welker, I hope he got a little taste of BB for that!

The 4.52 for Tate is a little dubious-it was not that long after his ACL surgery. I'll bet he's faster but there isn't a clean recent 40 on him anywhere that I can find. There's 4.53 or so time that I found once-from a football camp before his senior year in high school. Given his ridiculous college kickoff numbers I'd be shocked if he wasn't a legit 4.4 guy.

I can't imagine there's much difference between Tate and Price in raw speed. Price seems to kick Tate's rear in quickness, acceleration, and body control though and those are probably even more important than 40 times.

Last edited:
I have to say that I did NOT see this coming at all (Ellis, AH, Carter,...) and even though I've not been on the "we need rushing the QB or we die" bandwagon, I admit that watching the aggression on D pleased me. A lot.

It's interesting--while we've all enjoyed the great success the Pats have had with the reactive defenses over the past decade, it's unquestionably more fun as a fan to have a defense that positions itself in the aggression/attacking mode.

It's interesting--while we've all enjoyed the great success the Pats have had with the reactive defenses over the past decade, it's unquestionably more fun as a fan to have a defense that positions itself in the aggression/attacking mode.

When the defense is successful it is more fun.

The guy is a serious tool plus Harpoon is way better.

I agree w/ the person you're responding to. He's a goober, but he's a good hearted goober. You don't see Harpoon sponsoring a small business charity or the homebrewer competitions.

No idea why most of you hate on Jim Koch. The guy couldn't be a nicer person. Is he a little goofy? Sure, but that is only because he is always hammered.
Jim Koch, Mr. Sam Adams, is a talkative guy who enjoys what he does. Meanwhile he DOES make a fine brew.

I like the seasonal beers he does make too. It provides evidence that he respects the brewing profession and its history. It is refreshing to see a guy try to reward amateur home brerwers, as he remembers where he came from.

Ridley has never fumbled in his college career. I doubt fumbling is going to be a big issue for him. Certainly not something that needs to be coached up by Ivan Fears ala Faulk.

2. Price is supposed to be just as fast as Tate. Advantage Price who in the brief flashes at camp and game one seems to be getting it as a Pats WR

4. Carter reminds me of Rosie Colvin before his injury. Spot on regarding Cunningham.

6. Gonna mis some DL binkies after cut down.

7. At least we were spared that obnoxious effete dweeb twit who runs Sam Adams and monopolizes the picture every Pats home game. Like the beer, can't stand the beer maker.

9. BB's philosophy of creating competition at every position is on steroids this pre-season. No complacency. OK, maybe Brady can relax after The Hammer last night executed a perfect Drew Bledsoe like toss right at an opposing player.

Good response. Especially the last two points.

On the Sam Adams guy, he is a huge buzz-kill. You get a couple of Sam Adams Summer Ales going and the Pats are cruising and then that guy comes along and sucks all the oxygen out of Gillette Stadium. Jeez. The only guy worse is Michael Imperioli snarling about some tequila you've never heard of.

On Ryan Mallett's interception, the closest I can come is a baseball reference. That floater was like watching Tim Wakefield flutter a 65 mph knuckler up there with no idea where it might land. That interception must have made Doug Mirabelli proud.

TB can sleep well tonite, although for God's sakes, get a friggin' haircut.

TB can sleep well tonite, although for God's sakes, get a friggin' haircut.

Interesting. Do you have an opinion Brady's facial hair style, or perhaps his pube grooming preference? What do you think about the clothes he wears during his press conferences?

I'll post the Bucs video once I'm done with it here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thats a good post,Zues,last paragraph is funny....

The 4.52 for Tate is a little dubious-it was not that long after his ACL surgery. I'll bet he's faster but there isn't a clean recent 40 on him anywhere that I can find. There's 4.53 or so time that I found once-from a football camp before his senior year in high school. Given his ridiculous college kickoff numbers I'd be shocked if he wasn't a legit 4.4 guy.

I can't imagine there's much difference between Tate and Price in raw speed. Price seems to kick Tate's rear in quickness, acceleration, and body control though and those are probably even more important than 40 times.

with all due respect to everyone talking about the speed of the players, who really cares. the question is can the guy create space and catch the ball in traffic. when you run 4.50 and below, it really doesnt matter anymore unless you are an elite animal like a moss

I think Price seems to get off the line much better then Tate and seems more polished with the route running.I wanna see Price play in the next preseason game with Brady.

It was Welker and it pissed me off. It would've been an easy TD for Welker had Ocho just stood in the guys way for 1 sec.

Bugged me too but I think it was from a lack of awareness of what was transpiring behind him rather than a hesitancy to block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back