Not open for further replies.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Think again.

My father invited two of his high school classmates to the game that were in town for a reunion. (Class of 61' Walpole High). We secured tickets at face value from our friends in the row behind us. We sit all the way up in section 336. Nose bleed. row 21.

After walking down Rt1 and up the endless ramps and stairs we settled into our seats. A bit later than usual. One of my Dad's friends started complaining that he was dizzy and was having trouble breathing. We took off his poncho, loosened his jacket and made him put his head down to catch his breath. His face turned pale white and he started getting numbness in his fingers. We quickly ran down to the concourse and grabbed the first Gillette employee and told him what was going on. They proceeded to walk up to our seats and called what I thought was going to be the EMT's.

We waited and waited and waited. IT TOOK OVER 30-MINUTES BEFORE ANYBODY SHOWED UP!!! And it was only the Sharon FD! He made our friend walk down the stairs where they proceeded to carry him to the aid station. If there had been any more complications he could have died right there! For whatever reason the EMT's do not go into the stands??

They thoroughly checked him out at the aid station and the Fallon ambulance company took him to Norwood hospital. He stayed overnight and they determined he did in fact have a heart attack! Since the nurses at Norwood Hospital told him NOT to have the procedure done there, he was taken to St. Elizabeth's in Brighton where they performed an angioplasty yesterday afternoon. The surgery was successful and he is recovering well.

Just thought I would relate this to the board. We all ***** and moan and snipe each other over the Pats. Take a moment and be thankfull for your health and remember it's just a game.

On a side note the ER at Norwood Hospital was shut down shortly after our friend was admitted. Wanna guess why?? Drunk Pats fans getting treatment for alcohol poisoning!!

I'm fwding this to my youngsters
... all of whom attended the game with me ...
a first for all of us.

sorry to hear man. hope all is well

I'm really surprised to read this and I think you need to forward this story to someone in the Patriots organization. I'm not sure who you'd contact. Maybe try to find a link on patriots.com I'm a season ticket holder and I've seen security haul rowdy people out of their seats within a minute or two of an incident. To have to wait 30 minutes for a medical emergency is completely unacceptable.

denverpatsfan said:
Think again.

My father invited two of his high school classmates to the game that were in town for a reunion. (Class of 61' Walpole High). We secured tickets at face value from our friends in the row behind us. We sit all the way up in section 336. Nose bleed. row 21.

After walking down Rt1 and up the endless ramps and stairs we settled into our seats. A bit later than usual. One of my Dad's friends started complaining that he was dizzy and was having trouble breathing. We took off his poncho, loosened his jacket and made him put his head down to catch his breath. His face turned pale white and he started getting numbness in his fingers. We quickly ran down to the concourse and grabbed the first Gillette employee and told him what was going on. They proceeded to walk up to our seats and called what I thought was going to be the EMT's.

We waited and waited and waited. IT TOOK OVER 30-MINUTES BEFORE ANYBODY SHOWED UP!!! And it was only the Sharon FD! He made our friend walk down the stairs where they proceeded to carry him to the aid station. If there had been any more complications he could have died right there! For whatever reason the EMT's do not go into the stands??

They thoroughly checked him out at the aid station and the Fallon ambulance company took him to Norwood hospital. He stayed overnight and they determined he did in fact have a heart attack! Since the nurses at Norwood Hospital told him NOT to have the procedure done there, he was taken to St. Elizabeth's in Brighton where they performed an angioplasty yesterday afternoon. The surgery was successful and he is recovering well.

Just thought I would relate this to the board. We all ***** and moan and snipe each other over the Pats. Take a moment and be thankfull for your health and remember it's just a game.

On a side note the ER at Norwood Hospital was shut down shortly after our friend was admitted. Wanna guess why?? Drunk Pats fans getting treatment for alcohol poisoning!!

Sorry to hear that man. I'm surprised they took him to St. E's rather than Mass General, though.

I agree...I would fprward it to someone in the org..NEM is right..heart attacks and such are not usually dramatic and need quick attention...hope all is well though..and makes one wonder about emergency services and the like..

Since you contacted a Gillette employee, Gillette Stadium is obviously liable for any delay as well as forcing this man to walk down the ramps. They should have an elevator for emergencies.

Also there was a news article out today about a study which determined that if a person had a heart attack due to a blocked artery it's necessary to get an angioplasty within 12 hours of the attack:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061114/hl_nm/heart_angioplasty_dc_3

Last edited:
That sucks, denver. Puts my day in perspective, wasn't so bad after all. Glad to hear he is doing better.

The situation was unacceptable. I'd definitely figure out how to let the organization know about it.

Note to all: Carry ASPIRIN with you wherever you go. Upon initial signs of a heart attack, chew and swallow one or two immediately. It can take you out of immediate danger until medical help arrives.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I will pen a letter to the stadium/Pats. I was very surprised and disapointed that help did not come right away. Scared for my father's friend too.

He is doing well and may actually be released today. The doctor has performed many of these on a regular basis. The other recommended hospital was Brigham and Women's.

He was a light smoker for years, but not overweight. As you may all know smokes can cause a build up/blockages in the arteries.

Glad your friend made out ok.It does put things in perspective.

I was at the Pats game against Denver this year when a big guy passed out drunk in the stands and needed to be wheeled out. The EMT's went down into the stands on that occasion, so i cant understand why it was different with your situation, which in reality was much more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST