PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things you do during a Pats Playoff game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obgod3

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OK so what things do you do, wear, eat, any superstitions etc.

My family, all the women watch the game in the family room, my wife and two of my daughters wear Patriots shirts. My son wears a patriots jersey of some kind and paces in the hallway of the family room all game. My other daughter is a pats fan but may or may not watch the game with us, sometimes wears a pats shirt or not.

I watch in the basement, I have a bar down there with a 92" screen, lots of pats memorabilia and signed items. I do not wear any Patriots shirts or gear, I wear a beat up Johnny Damon t-shirt that was worn at both games 4 in St. Louis 2004 and Denver 2007...for the win of course. I never wear a pats shirt.

I do come upstairs to share any special moments or plays but imediately head to the basement once that moment is gone and the next play starts.

We typically order pizza.....sometimes make wings. If they go to the Super Bowl we order pizza delivered overnight from Casserta's in Providence, typically with sauce and pepperoni and no cheese, along with some spinach pies. I live in Denver.

I never drink alcohol during a game until the last few minutes and only if it is a win. If it is a win Im up late watching highlights and having some beer.

My son..he's 27...continues to pace in the hallway LMAO.

I watch by myself. No one likes to watch with me. Say I go too crazy, act a fool when one bad play happens. Face turns blood red the whole game etc
that's me to a T..too negative to be around others

Just try to get through the game. Usually watch with my wife, sound low. Hope to yell "TOUCHDOWN PATRIOTS" a lot.

Calmed down a lot since 4 years ago when I kicked a hole in the front door during the Arizona game. Yes, I kicked a hole in the front door. At that moment I knew I needed to calm down a little :D

Whether I'm with people or alone, I watch for trends from the start of the contest...coaching strategies and adjustments...and since '94, wish my team was wearing our real logo and uniforms.

I watch in my family room with my wife and with whomever happens to come over (usually a nephew or two). I can't sit, so I pace behind our sectional. If my brother-in-law comes, he stands and paces with me. I usually drink beer. I wear the same Pats golf shirt every game day.

For playoff games I usually go to my Fathers house and watch it with my brother and maybe more people depending on the game. I don't drink much anymore, but for big pats games I will drink some beers.

I don't have any more supersticious traditions, I just went to the pro shop though and got a couple Pats T Shirts and a more expensive pull over red Patriots coat thingy and a couple hats.

I watched the Texans playoff game by myself I never really felt the game was in doubt. So I didn't make a big deal about it. I admit I got a little nervous seeing Brady get pressured in the first half and when the Texans scored to make it 14-13 I questioned my over confidence for a few minutes.

I know the Pats are in trouble when the rush gets to Brady consistently fast.. I get that sinking feeling like last AFCC game.

Just try to get through the game. Usually watch with my wife, sound low. Hope to yell "TOUCHDOWN PATRIOTS" a lot.

Calmed down a lot since 4 years ago when I kicked a hole in the front door during the Arizona game. Yes, I kicked a hole in the front door. At that moment I knew I needed to calm down a little :D
Nice. Props on the cool story and also on the decision to make a lifestyle change. I need to settle down too.

yeah my Father, Brother and me are always standing up making a circle around the TV. Screaming, jumping up and down etc..

The day starts off like most others. I wake up and slide out of bed in my TB12 Active Recovery Sleep Wear™ and Patriots beanie with the annoying little nub on top. I push the "Let's Get Trill!" button that starts playing the Rap Caviar playlist from Spotify. Oh. Yeah.

I sit on the couch and watch the game with perfect posture.

Just kidding. I'm a hot mess and go on a roller coaster ride that only an entitled Patriots fan in 2017 is capable of. Life long friendships are lost. My wife pulls the unsigned divorce papers out of the drawer.

At some point we hit dire straits. We need that drive. I go into the bathroom and dim the lights; just bright enough to see myself in the mirror but dark enough to make it feel like I'm at my bi-weekly Illuminati meetings. I proceed to talk to myself in the mirror which is a channel to Tom Brady's brain. He get's the message and goes on a clock killing TD drive that put's us up by 4 with 36 seconds left. Patriots win!

I turn off the Rap Caviar playlist and go to sleep. Today was a good day.

Wife, kids and I usually watch W a few buddies and their wives and kids...if I'm not drinking heavily I go crazy and lose my temper. I jump up and down, scream at the TV, and generally, admittedly, overreact big League. Only way I get away W acting like a lout is cuz the wives usually lose interest early and the kids go in the cellar and play Xbox and have the game on down there as well.
Also, sometimes I'll dvr the game and just watch that way - thats best for my blood pressure cuz I don't stew over bad plays cuz I ffw until something good happens.
But if I get bombed I usually calm down and don't go nuts. Tomorrow is a wild card. Was planning on doing the dvr solo thing after the kids were in bed around 9 cuz didn't want to booze, but now people r coming over and I'll probably be pounding beers... GO PATS

I watch the majority of pats games at my parents house. I always start the game in the same spot on the couch but will switch seats if things start going bad. During intense plays I'll have to stand up And pace the living Room. when things were coming down to the wire in 14 super bowl I had to retreat upstairs to the sports room. I also wear the same old 2001 Super Bowl champs shirt for all games. I only wash it when we lose. So it's kind of smelly right now.

When my dad was alive he watched most games in the garage. If he came in to grab a Beer and a good play happened I would make him stay inside to keep the good plays going. He could go back to the garage when an incompletion happened lol.

Wow writing this all out makes me sound nuts lol.

I typically listen to the PPGS, Watch the game with my wife, Kirsch Words on one window and sometimes the GDT in the other window full of crap like da pimp of taeks "I need to see more from Bennett, hope Tommy gels with the offence, after the first incompletion to read crap like "season's over, see you in the summer"

Believe it or not kids, the GDT used to be a great resource to the game itself, now it's like participation trophy land for those with a "glass half empty" viewpoint :D

Things I do during a Pats' playoff game?

For starters I stay far away from the Game Thread.

Amen, I've been clean for a long time now...

It has varied over the years. Last yr i was so nervous i avoided the whole game until it got over .Got the bad news. Same with the 2006 AFCCG. Others, I have watched a half and gone out to walk once it got tighter and check at the end. Sometimes I switch off the game and follow it on the game thread or twitter.

I will be in section 333 with my son and we will be as loud as anyone in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back