PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

These injuries are bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he's out days to months, if that is true.

Crap. Did not like the looks of him on the sidelines. Crap.

The injuries...this is the worst season I can remember for the Pats for injuries. WTF is going on????
Did you read the PFT piece? Not believed to be serious.
Why would you speculate months?

I think he may be out a while. He got the same injury last year in the regular season, he then came back for a playoff game, and reinjured it. If it's as bad a strain as last year's injury, he's going to need 4 or 5 weeks. 2-3 week return last year was way too soon, obviously.

I wonder if Talib's hip had been earlier aggravated weeks ago when Talib was dirty tackled by Mangold on the sidelines.

Sometimes a player will play in pain and gut it out until its reinjured again,Talib may have played the past few weeks out with guts and determination to participate in helping the team
...hear that Gronk? :p :cool:

We keep getting bit by this annoying injury bug, it's frustrating:mad:. How many guys will go down next week?

Ya but he could just as easily be back in a week or two. Ray Rice went down earlier this season and missed one game.

These hip flexor injuries don't have a set time frame.

I wonder if Talib's hip had been earlier aggravated weeks ago when Talib was dirty tackled by Mangold on the sidelines.

Sometimes a player will play in pain and gut it out until its reinjured again,Talib may have played the past few weeks out with guts and determination to participate in helping the team
...hear that Gronk? :p :cool:

Meh Thompkins is his friend.:rocker:

so, he's out days to months, if that is true.

Crap. Did not like the looks of him on the sidelines. Crap.

The injuries...this is the worst season i can remember for the pats for injuries. Wtf is going on????

2003, 2005

I think he may be out a while. He got the same injury last year in the regular season, he then came back for a playoff game, and reinjured it. If it's as bad a strain as last year's injury, he's going to need 4 or 5 weeks. 2-3 week return last year was way too soon, obviously.

I thought the playoff injury was a hamstring pull? Could be wrong but I think it was a different injury. But I do think the injury will keep him out a few weeks, perhaps until the bye week. Would be nice to have him back for Pittsburgh their passing game is not too bad right now with Brown/Sanders/Heath.

Note I said *days to months* (depends on severity). Given his history, I am pessimistic. :(

I said once Amendola gets back on the field it would only be a matter of time before he has a completely diffent injury. I was right. Amendola has been useless for all but one game. I expect him to be out until after the bye week.

I take it there's no new injury news we didn't know about right after the game? If that's true, maybe headlining "injuries are bad" isn't the best idea. If there's no one being operated on or put on IR, "I'm worried about these injuries," might be a better thread title. Thanks.

I said once Amendola gets back on the field it would only be a matter of time before he has a completely diffent injury. I was right. Amendola has been useless for all but one game. I expect him to be out until after the bye week.

Edelman has essentially taken on the Welker role, not Amendola.

How do you propose a player can avoid another player launching at his head with a helmet?

Of the 3 I think Talib is the one we need most

NFL players clock each other in the head whenever they get the chance. Then sue the league. No comprende? All he had to do was make a form tackle and Amendola had no place to go except get pushed out of bounds. Instead, he saw it as an opportunity to try and knock him out. He did. Good for him. Karma is a biatch.

Here is my surprisingly optimistic view on these injuries:

Regarding those injured tonight...

* Connolly left the game early with a concussion, but I don't think he has much of a history. Wendell had a concussion last week and played this week, so I expect a similar pattern to follow.

* It is reported that Talib sustained a hip flexor injury, and that it isn't too serious. Given how the Pats play the Jets, Dolphins and Steelers next, I think they can afford to let him rest through the Bye Week - That's 4 week recovery time.

* Amendola was KO'd before he even hit the ground, which is scary. I am seriously wondering if it would be in HIS best interests to simply be shut down for the year and try again next year. He was quite invisible tonight before the injury.

* Mayo is perhaps the most worrisome, to me anyway. He left the game in a sling, implying some sort of structural damage. Hopefully it's just a shoulder separation and he can return after the Bye, but if anything is broken then I don't know if this defense can survive without him AND Wilfork and POSSIBLY Talib.

On returning players...

Armond Armstead, are you ready? He is eligible to return this week and if he can give anything that would be a much needed boost for this DL.

If Amendola is out for a prolonged period of time or is IRd, Mark Harrison is a big rookie who is also eligible to return.

Shane Vereen will be back and ready to go in week 11, they can get by until then without him... I hope.

The big question is still Gronk. If he can come back this season, red zone won't be such a problem with this team. If he isn't back by week 11, then this offense is truly in serious trouble.

A lot of things to monitor for sure.

If this is optimistic call me the eternal pessimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back