PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

These guys have families. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh... the irony of a homer with MoLewisrocks as a screen name bagging on me for my screen name. You really have become the gift that keeps giving.

Richard didn't "screw up", Belichick did. A player's father died and BB was silly/petty enough not to cut some slack over something of that magnitude. He then benches the player, but only for part of a game. That's just stupid.

As for what coaches, or anyone else, in the same position might do, who gives a damn? We all react to extreme grief and extreme joy in our own personal way, regardless of our career choice. It's only the fool who begrudges that.

Leaders? Brady is leading from the west coast. As for AD, I assume you spoke to him, off the record, and he gave you his every reason and/or motivation for his actions.

I know that you don't read their minds. That's why your posts telling us all what you KNOW that they all think are so amusing. When you toss on the irony of you giving me the "you don't already know" nonsense, it becomes a full blown carnival of laughter. I'm not the one pretending to know the every thought of all members of the Patriots organization past and present. That would be......... you. You're the one pointing to a vast well of (false) knowledge that others don't claim, not I.

You've become a caricature of a homer, and you've become worse than almost any of the Chicken Littles. Your posts attacking Warren were stupid, childish and petty, yet the moment we have Brady doing the same thing, you bend over backwards trying to differentiate the two, all the while dropping to your knees in supplication to your god BB.

Where's BB been during this, by the way, and where are his comments about all the differences?

It wasn't his father, it was his grandfather and it was December of a playoff run...Richard's father died violently the following spring, when Richard wasn't here training anyway because he never did... Brady lost his grandmother during a superbowl week. They hald her funeral over. Belichick lost his own dad in season, the night before a game. Heck, your idol Brett played a game the day after his dad passed.

It wasn't his father, it was his grandfather and it was December of a playoff run...Richard's father died violently the following spring, when Richard wasn't here training anyway because he never did... Brady lost his grandmother during a superbowl week. They hald her funeral over. Belichick lost his own dad in season, the night before a game. Heck, your idol Brett played a game the day after his dad passed.

Yeah, I mistakenly typed the wrong familial status of a dead person in a post about a guy who lost both father and grandfather in a short span of time. Whoops! Perhaps that should somehow lead you making a stupid comment about my general defense of Favre, you know, the 40 year old player who led his team to the NFC championship game this year. Oh, wait.... I see it DID eventually lead there. How, ummm, quaint.

On the other hand, and again, what one individual does in moments of extreme grief will differ from what others do, and only fools will begrudge that.

I do think it's awesome that you've tossed in the Seymour red herring, and through it the Favre silliness, as if it has anything to do with your hypocrisy regarding Warren and Brady.

Last edited:
New England Patriots' Ty Warren skips bonus to work on degree - ESPN Boston

Nowhere did I comment on location. Nowhere did I even insinuate about it, never mind make any claim as to what Warren was thinking. In fact, my post you're responding to begins with "Warren's stated reason...", yet you're making that idiotic comment about reading his mind. Furthermore, you are now trying to split hairs over where someone chooses to attend school, even when that person is "going back and finishing what he started" at the very same school where he, you know..... started. The going back and finishing stuff is his quote, by the way, not me trying to read his mind.

You are now officially Christmas in March.

"If I'm fortunate enough to play 12, 13 years, but then find myself getting cut in training camp, I'm not going to put myself in a situation where I don't have my degree," he said. "I'm not going to give myself up like that. I need to have options, so I feel like right now is a time where I need to dictate what I'm doing in the offseason.

"I could have done something up there, but I think so much of players' time is consumed on a year-round basis that at some point when a player establishes himself and gains trust of the organization and coaches, if they have a plan after the game, it's in the players' best interest to finish what they started."

The salient part of the quote you chose to ignore. A lot of I in that quote. If Brady was on the west coast persuing an advanced degree in anticipation of his post career career, even because he wanted his sons to understand the importance of education, I would take issue with that as well.

The salient part of the quote you chose to ignore. A lot of I in that quote. If Brady was on the west coast persuing an advanced degree in anticipation of his post career career, even because he wanted his sons to understand the importance of education, I would take issue with that as well.

I didn't ignore anything. Hell, the part you bolded just reinforces it:

but I think so much of players' time is consumed on a year-round basis that at some point when a player establishes himself and gains trust of the organization and coaches, if they have a plan after the game, it's in the players' best interest to finish what they started."

Again, you're being a hypocrite on this subject, which is not surprising, given your recent posting. Brady feels that it's in his best interest to be out in California. Warren feels it's in his best interest to be taking classes at Texas A&M, where he was an undergrad. There's no difference here, because both are acting in their best interests.

And, again, where's BB in all this, and what have his comments been?

Last edited:
I didn't ignore anything. Hell, the part you bolded just reinforces it:

Again, you're being a hypocrite on this subject, which is not surprising, given your recent posting. Brady feels that it's in his best interest to be out in California. Warren feels it's in his best interest to be taking classes at Texas A&M, where he was an undergrad. There's no difference here, because both are acting in their best interests.

And, again, where's BB in all this, and what have his comments been?

Bill won't comment and you know it. They had their little talk and Ty did what he wanted to do. It is what it is...

And Ty had options, which he acknowledges. Brady likely doens't have any viable ones...and you realize that too.

Bill won't comment and you know it. They had their little talk and Ty did what he wanted to do. It is what it is...

And Ty had options, which he acknowledges. Brady likely doens't have any viable ones...and you realize that too.

Brady had multiple options, and they go all the way back to before he failed to keep his trouser trout from spawning, as well as just during this offseason. You've been a hypocrite on this issue, yet you refuse to admit you were wrong. You should try to blame me for that with another stupid aside like the ones you were making in earlier posts.

As for Bill, perhaps you could locate him for us all and get inside his head like you always do? He's been at Gillette this whole time, after all, right?

Last edited:
You guys sound like a bitter married couple.

Well this thread is going well, don't yo think. Please feel free to continue with it at the Practice Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft