PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no QB controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going overboard after one game. Belichick drafted a player who he hoped would be our QB of the future (why else draft a qb). After camps, a preseason, and his first start, everything supports the idea that the plan may work out.
Agree that the poster you're responding to isn't tracking the discussion properly, but disagree with the idea that Belichick drafted JG to be the "QB of the future (why else draft a qb)." He drafted JG because the QB position is the most important on the team and you have to be prepared. As we've seen.

Agree that the poster you're responding to isn't tracking the discussion properly, but disagree with the idea that Belichick drafted JG to be the "QB of the future (why else draft a qb)." He drafted JG because the QB position is the most important on the team and you have to be prepared. As we've seen.

I agree with you completely. The reason for my OP is that I believe with absolute certainty that this is Brady's team when he comes back. Even if Jimmy G starts against the bills and throws for 900 yards, 15 TDs, rushed for 500 yards, and has no picks...It is all irrelevant once Brady returns and he filled his role when he was requested to do so.

BB drafted a QB because we have been trading off our backup QBs and he wants to be prepared. While he is searching for the Brady successor, we need to see at least a modicum of drop off from Brady. The man led the league in TD passes last year, so I am not sure why the discussion on the talk shows on the sports hub, and 103.7 are even happening.

They are creating a controversy that does not exist. So I think we can all agree that TB12 resumes his role as starting QB in week 5 right? So now the questions go back to my OP? Assuming no drop off in production from Brady, we will be FORCED to do something with Jimmy G.

Now I supposed TB12 could restructure his contract and take less money, but I DOUBT he would do that, in which case BB will end up trading Jimmy G to some scrub team for 2 first rounders or something like that, he will develop JB, and he will either use these high draft picks to get another QB, or he will trade them away and turn them into multiple high round draft picks over multiple years.....

So it doesn't matter what Jimmy G does going forward, its Bradys team period and will be until he CHOOSES to retire. I think Kraft will intervene if BB says otherwise and TBH, I am not even sure BB would try to force the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back