PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is a god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You now can watch ALL NFL Sunday Ticket games on the road on your iPhone or iTouch wheras in the past you could only get updates and clips,all you have to do is add the free Directv application to your unit!!...thats awesome!

BTW: You do have to subscribe to the Superfan add-on to do this

Last edited:
We have some of those in Texas as well.. Except we have hail that pelts the dish..

I've lost signal a few times because of it, but only when it was raining so hard that it looked like a 2000 GPM fire monitor was blasting the rain down.. or when the hail was hitting the dish..
You must have a better angle on the satellite, the more northern latitudes start losing signal when a single 1 1/2" opens up in a fog pattern.

There is just one thing about having DirecTV anywhere, and that is when you live in Florida or Seattle. They both = rain hell storms which = no signal.

I had DirecTV about six to seven years ago and my signal went out once because of a major blizzard like snow. Luckily this time, the direction they needed to face the dish faces away from where the wind usually comes from so it will minimize any weather related issues with signal. I still have Comcast lifeline cable just in case (actually I had to keep it for my phone and Internet).

My installer said my signal reception is so strong that it would be very, very tough for me to lose a signal. So unless he is BSing me, I think I may be safe. I also treated the dish to be weather resistent, but who knows if that works or not.

Last edited:
You must have a better angle on the satellite, the more northern latitudes start losing signal when a single 1 1/2" opens up in a fog pattern.

I lived in NH for 24 years and my parents had DirecTV from 1990 through 2007 when they moved to Cali... We rarely lost the picture up there other than that major Ice Storm in 1998 and then the major blizzards where we got 24"+ of snow..

I lived in NH for 24 years and my parents had DirecTV from 1990 through 2007 when they moved to Cali... We rarely lost the picture up there other than that major Ice Storm in 1998 and then the major blizzards where we got 24"+ of snow..
Dunno, maybe my installers were confused as to up, down, and south?

Dunno, maybe my installers were confused as to up, down, and south?

I lived on top of a hill in Woostah.

Ultra heavy rain and severe T-Storms kill the HD Signals but not the basic digital stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back