PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The WTF Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting this out there.

Coaches All-SEC Team Announced > SEC > NEWS

Note that Stevan Ridley was voted as all SEC 1st team "relegating" Mark Ingram to the 2nd team all SEC team.

This was the most WTF pick for me although his name had been mentioned in a few mock draft circles (just not this high although he was given a third round grade by the NFL Advisory committee).

As I mentioned in the other "WTF??Stevan Ridley" thread I am not inferring he is better than Mark Ingram in any way,moreso that the guy may well be a more useful asset than at first portrayed.

His combine numbers are not bad for a back his size and production numbers are good in a tough conference. And if the coaches there think he can play then who am I to argue at this juncture.

Really eager to get the season resolved sooner rather than later and see these goes hopefully in OTAs and training camp to see what they can offer at the NFL level.

Just putting this out there.

Coaches All-SEC Team Announced > SEC > NEWS

Note that Stevan Ridley was voted as all SEC 1st team "relegating" Mark Ingram to the 2nd team all SEC team.

This was the most WTF pick for me although his name had been mentioned in a few mock draft circles (just not this high although he was given a third round grade by the NFL Advisory committee).

Maybe Ridley wasn't such a WTF pick after all. These guys were voted on by the SEC coaches. Ridley was getting lots of 'respect' from the other coaches in his own conference. Ingram had an off year, so it's not surprising to see him on the second team. In fact Richardson on his own team was arguably the better player.

The pick that surprised me the most was Carpenter in the 1st round of the NFL draft. I had him pegged initially as a 3rd rounder or late 2nd round pick. I thought he would be a good RT in the NFL, maybe kick in to guard if he lacked the athleticism to stay on the outside at the NFL level. But apparently the Seahawks loved him enough to take him in the 1st. Does Pete Carroll see Carpenter as an LT? Count me as surprised!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes