PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Vent Your Frustration" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense is not capable of pitching a shutout for all 60 minutes. They held the Broncos to 17 points @ home in regulation. Most days that wins games.
Especially considering we had 17 @ halftime, and Brady and co. were given plenty of opportunities to stretch the lead before the Broncos finally adjusted on offense and began to move the ball against NE's D.

2006 was inexcusable.
2007 hurt, but the offense is expected to win when your D holds the opposition to 17 points, and all you need is a FG drive at the end.

So far in 2009, we lost by giving up 16 to the Jets and 20 to the Broncos. I'm not crazy about the defensive play calling, and the lack of aggressiveness when needing to close out the opponent, but it's hard to blame the D when they allowed 3 TDs in their 2 losses.

The return on the Thomas investment is pretty disappointing. Paying a guy that much money just to cover TE's is pretty bizarre when he made his mark wrecking havoc on QB's in Baltimore. He needs to take a massive pay cut this offseaon.

Agreed- at $6.4M against the cap he needs to be a game-changing presence. He isn't.

I've been let down with AD's role on defense.
By comparison, I'd like to see what Rex Ryan does with Calvin Pace.
Some defensive schemes are hot right now, and BB's isn't one of them.

Agreed- at $6.4M against the cap he needs to be a game-changing presence. He isn't.

A game changing presence is just what we need when we go up against an O-Line like the Broncos' and the Jets'. Neither of those teams respected a single person on our defense as being a game changer. They didn't have to dedicate multiple personnel to a game changer which would have left the line open for others to come in and pressure the QB.

Why the hell do you start chucking up hail mary's when you only need to go 40 yards in 29 seconds with 3 timeouts for a chance at a game tying FG?

Oh sorry, flashback to SB 42.

The return on the Thomas investment is pretty disappointing. Paying a guy that much money just to cover TE's is pretty bizarre when he made his mark wrecking havoc on QB's in Baltimore. He needs to take a massive pay cut this offseaon.

It really isn't his fault they have him out there covering TE's in space.

In the 07 SB, they used him as a pass rusher and he was awesome in that game. Why he is used the way he is used is a big mystery to me too. It's right up there with why they like to play prevent defense in OT when it's first score wins the game.

Damn it! I could have had a V8!

I am concerned that now that we are bombing the Moon that the Moon Men will retailiate with stronger force to protect their supply of cheese.

Still haven't gotten over Kanye disrupting that sweetie Taylor Swift's MTV award speech, but I am torn because I agree with him that Beyonce has made one of the best music video ever.

I can't decide if Lady GaGa is oddly attractive or just a freak with a hot body.

Upset that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Not that he didn't deserve it or not, but I was really hoping this would be the year they finally recognized all my hard work to bring peace to the world.

Who really actually watches Grey's Anatomy? Is there an estrogen requirement to enjoy it?

No matter how much I try to stop him, Michael Bay still makes movies.

I am still trying to figure out how they get the pimento in the olive.

Why is Shia LeBeouf getting all these movies and what does he have on Steven Speilberg?

Boy, I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

Last edited:
I need to vent my frustrations here...

This week I shaved the hair out of my buttcrack to make things "smoother" when on the toilet. Well this move came back and bit me big time as I now have a wicked chaffe that just won't go away. I'm pissed off about it and I don't know what to do!

Oh, and the game sucked too. :cool:

You've got a cracked butt? It's supposed to be a naturally uninterrupted double inward curvature frequently admired by the opposite sex. (see Favre commercials) You have my sympathies.

Why the hell do you start chucking up hail mary's when you only need to go 40 yards in 29 seconds with 3 timeouts for a chance at a game tying FG?

Oh sorry, flashback to SB 42.

LOL. That made me laugh. Looking back on it, that SB was one of the worst coached games in Belichick's era.

2006 the year AD had he's best year with the ravens they had 3 more guy's with 10 or more sack's and they blitz alot more then the pats do so i did not think AD was going to be a 10 sack guy every year for the pats

but come on at lest give me a 100 tackels be a good run stoper and now at 32 year's old he is not that good of a cover guy

right now a JAG is playing better then him TBC has 3 sack's he has one

i dont see why they are paying him all most 7 million this year when any one can do he's job

Last edited:

humble pie my A** AD - looks like you've taken that to mean making oneself freakin invisible...

humble pie my A** AD - looks like you've taken that to mean making oneself freakin invisible...

The one game that we used AD the way everyone thought we were going to use him from the start, he was wreaking havoc (XLII).

yea,I'm frustrated..........Brady has to be more accurate,it's not the knee or rust from not playing.........it's in his head...he needs to calm down,he's hurting the offense with all this venting his doing.

The personal foul penalties are getting out of hand,I'll bet we're leading the league.....even worse than the Chargers or Ravens.....it has to stop.....Ty Warren,Logan Mankins and BM hurt us terribly,by these stupid penalties........We used to be disclipined.....not anymore.We also had 2 offsetting calls against us that would have stopped the Broncos or at least slowed down their comeback.

12 men on the field............lining up offsides..........time outs against the wildcat formation.....we look like undisclipined schoolboys out there.

I agree. He sucks BIG TIME. 19/33 for 215 yards and 2 TD's is terrible.

Come on, man. He definitely could have played better, but he didn't suck. If anything on this team sucked, it was the defense... which sucked bad. The playcalling was also terrible on both sides of the ball.

Overthrowing Randy Moss by 10 yards on a sure touchdown, not being able to get it within 10 yards of him on that hail mary play, hitting welker in the ankle on the biggest play of the game when he had a sure touchdown ahead of him, and getting strip sacked on 2nd and 10 at midfield with 2:00 left because he held on to the ball too long are the marks of sucking, IMO. I'm sure he would agree with me. He couldn't make a single play in the second half. Sucked. I'm sure he'll play better, but this is the VENT thread.....so I'm venting.

The personal foul penalties are getting out of hand,I'll bet we're leading the league.....even worse than the Chargers or Ravens.....it has to stop.....Ty Warren,Logan Mankins and BM hurt us terribly,by these stupid penalties........We used to be disclipined.....not anymore.We also had 2 offsetting calls against us that would have stopped the Broncos or at least slowed down their comeback.

12 men on the field............lining up offsides..........time outs against the wildcat formation.....we look like undisclipined schoolboys out there.

Broncos were even worse in that area and Pats still couldnt win

I feel bad for the defensive players because I feel with a more skilled defensive coordinator these guys can be utilized properly to become playmakers. The Pats defensive unit has talent and pride-I bet many of these guys on D feel terrible about the "play to not lose" mentality. No defensive back wants to sit back in coverage and lay 15 yds off a WR--they want a challenge and it must be a drain for them to constantly be beaten on underneath passing plays. I wonder how guys like Leigh Bodden feel getting beat on plays by a guy named Kyle Orton.

poop.

2006 the year AD had he's best year with the ravens they had 3 more guy's with 10 or more sack's and they blitz alot more then the pats do so i did not think AD was going to be a 10 sack guy every year for the pats

but come on at lest give me a 100 tackels be a good run stoper and now at 32 year's old he is not that good of a cover guy

right now a JAG is playing better then him TBC has 3 sack's he has one

i dont see why they are paying him all most 7 million this year when any one can do he's job
Speaking of TBC i was thinking today hes certainly better than Burgess. I see #55 out there but VERY rarely here his name called. Starting to think hes a wast of a third rnd pick.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the defensive players because I feel with a more skilled defensive coordinator these guys can be utilized properly to become playmakers. The Pats defensive unit has talent and pride-I bet many of these guys on D feel terrible about the "play to not lose" mentality. No defensive back wants to sit back in coverage and lay 15 yds off a WR--they want a challenge and it must be a drain for them to constantly be beaten on underneath passing plays. I wonder how guys like Leigh Bodden feel getting beat on plays by a guy named Kyle Orton.

It wasn't until I watched the Eagles' defense last year that I realized how bad our defensive play calling was. Jim Johnson (along with LaBeau, Spagnuolo, and Ryan) could line anyone up out there and do well. Johnson put Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown, and Dawkins out there, and it didn't matter who else was on the field; you were going to struggle against them. We have a far more talented team than the Iggles, and we still get torched by the Kyle Ortons and Trent Edwards of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News