PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Vent Your Frustration" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was terrible ugh. Needs to get his **** together

Play calling was crap AGAIN, calling Faulk screen ON 3RD AND LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS ITS COMING!!!! CHRIST.

Not enough pressure on Orton, when we put pressure on it worked, to bad that was only about 5% of the time.

Speaking of TBC i was thinking today hes certainly better than Burgess. I see #55 out there but VERY rarely here his name called. Stsrting to think hes a wast of a third rnd pick.

i have to agree he looks very slow

What really frustrated me today was watching an average QB complete pass after pass, That was ridiculous.

I'm no x's and o's guy but I hope McDaniels hasn't exposed a weakness that others will copy.....wich they will if he did.

Can we put some pressure on the QB for once? You can't rush 3 or 4 AND play 10 yards off the receiver. I mean WTF kinda defense is this, the death by 1000 cuts scheme?

I dont think Pees has ever seen a quick in ever in his life till today. im pretty sure 90% of ortons passes were quick ins... their offense was so predictable i called most of the passes thrown by orton...Pees is a bum and i do wish harm upon him and his soul...yes im mad

It wasn't until I watched the Eagles' defense last year that I realized how bad our defensive play calling was. Jim Johnson (along with LaBeau, Spagnuolo, and Ryan) could line anyone up out there and do well. Johnson put Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown, and Dawkins out there, and it didn't matter who else was on the field; you were going to struggle against them. We have a far more talented team than the Iggles, and we still get torched by the Kyle Ortons and Trent Edwards of the world.

Keep in mind you are criticizing a defensive style and system that has won 5 super bowls. As the season goes on, the D usually gets more aggressive. Even today, you can't quibble with 17 pts, especially when you consider they were playing at altitude, against a coach who knows how to beat that defense, and against a QB who was just flat out hot.

I dont think Pees has ever seen a quick in ever in his life till today. im pretty sure 90% of ortons passes were quick ins... their offense was so predictable i called most of the passes thrown by orton...Pees is a bum and i do wish harm upon him and his soul...yes im mad
This is what pissed me off. They should have played Orton the way they played noodle-arm Pennington in December '04...clog the middle, dare him to throw outs consistently. Springs and Bodden should have been playing man-coverage, cheating inside. Instead, they played outside and got burned repeatedly with the skinny posts. There's no way Orton has the arm to throw outs against man coverage all game.

And the offense was back to its base shotgun formation, probably because Brady feels most comfortable in it and in a noisy environment, his comfort was probably given priority. Yet much like the Jets game, this played right into Denver's defensive gameplan. The offense struggled mightily in the 2nd half and what little yardage they had was aided by two horrendous special teams penalties. All the hard work shown in gameplanning for the Atlanta and Baltimore games appears to have gone out the window. Let's hope they get it together the rest of the way.

Regards,
Chris

You can crab about the defense but that fact is we held a team to 20 points (17 in regulation) on their home field. In today's NFL that should be enough to win. In crunch time the defense came up with a huge stop and gave Brady the ball back with plenty of time to score and win. But TB couldn't get it done. This one shouldn't be hung on the D - they didn't play great but they kept the Broncos in a range that a team which had scored 17pts in the first half should have been able to out do, but the Pats didn't score a point after halftime. Very few teams ever win that way on the road.

Brady can't throw the long ball accurately, that much can no longer be argued.

i have to agree he looks very slow

I don't think we can call Burgess a bust yet simply because defensive playcalling has been atrocious--I hope we see some sort of change in coordinator by midseason to maximize talent at each position. Adalius Thomas, Leigh Bodden, and Burgess can all be significant playmakers. A. Thomas was sensational with the Ravens, he hasn't lost a step, he's just not utilized properly in NE. That's what so frustrating. Someone said the Pats are outcoaching themselves and thinking too hard, making everything a jigsaw puzzle. Perhaps some of this is true, but I believe the pats have playmakers, USE THEM!

I also agree

i expect this offense, with names such as Brady, Moss and welker to get more then 17 pts

this loss is on the Offense

however, we scored 17 pts the 1st half, and then 1st play of the 2nd half Light gets hurt, and we dont score anything the rest of the game...why?

b/c we didnt trust vollmer, thats why....we went into shotgun and RAN IT EVERY SINGLE ****ing TIME....

if u dont trust ur backup LT, then DONT HAVE HIM ON THE ****ing TEAM

they should have never changed playcalling....help vollmer out a bit with dumervil, but YOU CANT ABANDON THE PASS COMPLETELY

ultimately, the reason we lost was b/c of light's injury.......where are all the light haters now?

I remember a quarterback this team once had who constantly keyed in on one receiver, regardless of how he was covered. That quarterback was Drew Bledsoe, and that receiver(tight end) was Ben Coates. I am beginning to see a Bledsoe/Coates-like relationship with Brady and Welker, and it is starting to become detrimental to this offense. On the play where Brady got stripped (while using the Byron Leftwich wind-up), the replay showed Ben Watson clearly wide open on the left hashmark, but Brady was staring down Welker and waiting for him to get open. The Jets game is when I first started noticing this, because when Welker wasn't in there Brady looked lost and out of sync. If they took as much as time to get Moss involved in the offense as they did Welker this offense wouldn't be bogging down as much, IMO. I believe (and I could be wrong) Brady only has one completion of over 30 yards this year. He isn't hitting the deep ball at all (missed a wide-open Moss AGAIN today), and on the drive where Denver gave the Pats two 4th down conversions on punt penalties, he was horrendous. I know the numbers say he isn't playing awful, but it seems like for stretches he gets into a funk, and seems like it happens at very inopportune times. (does it remind anyone else of 2002?)

I am becoming concerned with the offensive gameplan. No play-action ever, now Vollmer could be getting alot of time. Where the hell is Green-Ellis? All the kid does is produce when he actually gets to play. Get Florence Maroney off the damn field, he has had ample opportunity to come through, and he hasn't.

The Dean Pees experiment is becoming a huge issue with me. Romeo Crennel is out there, right? He doesn't have an exclusivity agreement with Coors or something? The defensive play-calling in overtime was godawful, I thought Myron Guyton and Maurice Hurst were part of the DB crew the way they were playing the Bronco receivers.

God I hate it when this team plays in Denver. HATE IT!

Last edited:
I remember a quarterback this team once had who constantly keyed in on one receiver, regardless of how he was covered. That quarterback was Drew Bledsoe, and that receiver(tight end) was Ben Coates. I am beginning to see a Bledsoe/Coates-like relationship with Brady and Welker, and it is starting to become detrimental to this offense. On the play where Brady got stripped (while using the Byron Leftwich wind-up), the replay showed Ben Watson clearly wide open on the left hashmark, but Brady was staring down Welker and waiting for him to get open. The Jets game is when I first started noticing this, because when Welker wasn't in there Brady looked lost and out of sync. If they took as much as time to get Moss involved in the offense as they did Welker this offense wouldn't be bogging down as much, IMO. I believe (and I could be wrong) Brady only has one completion of over 30 yards this year. He isn't hitting the deep ball at all (missed a wide-open Moss AGAIN today), and on the drive where Denver gave the Pats two 4th down conversions on punt penalties, he was horrendous. I know the numbers say he isn't playing awful, but it seems like for stretches he gets into a funk, and seems like it happens at very inopportune times. (does it remind anyone else of 2002?)

I am becoming concerned with the offensive gameplan. No play-action ever, now Vollmer could be getting alot of time. Where the hell is Green-Ellis? All the kid does is produce when he actually gets to play. Get Florence Maroney off the damn field, he has had ample opportunity to come through, and he hasn't.

The Dean Pees experiment is becoming a huge issue with me. Romeo Crennel is out there, right? He doesn't have an exclusivity agreement with Coors or something? The defensive play-calling in overtime was godawful, I thought Myron Guyton and Maurice Hurst were part of the DB crew the way they were playing the Bronco receivers.

Good points, how about getting Moss involved in more patterns than a couple overthrown bombs every game?

Quite a first post, welcome aboard. I agree with you about Crenell. If he's around, why not ask him if he has any interest in coordinator for later this season or 2010? He got the most out of his players and made them play with reckless abandon. He changed the culture in the locker room--the team became a ballhawking unit that was not content upon giving up a single first down. Pees on the other hand is content about giving up 80 yds and 3 points. Pees is instilling a play to not lose mentality and the players are buying into it, and you can see the effect it's having on the players with their passive approach to the game. This angers me as a fan. Every Pats defensive possession is like a Stephen King horror movie where you know the ending, but it takes forever to get there. It drives me nuts

I can't wait to pull this thread up when the Patriots are 12-4 at the end of the season and TB12 is enjoying the buy week waiting for the winner of the Ravens Jets game.

I can't wait to pull this thread up when the Patriots are 12-4 at the end of the season and TB12 is enjoying the buy week waiting for the winner of the Ravens Jets game.

Yeah, because rubbing our faces in a "Vent Your Frustration" thread should be the highlight of anyones day! :rolleyes:

Yeah, because rubbing our faces in a "Vent Your Frustration" thread should be the highlight of anyones day! :rolleyes:

Laurence Maroney is a bust. I SURE HOPE HE DOESN'T DO GOOD~! :cool:

1. Brady sucked yesterday, but I still have faith in him. I think he'll get better down the stretch.

2. Offensive playcalling is a joke. It's way too predictable and they need to spice it up a bit. If the run isn't working and Brady's too inaccurate on the long bombs, why not do some more screen passes? This was a problem during the Jets game too; I still think screen passes would've got the job done.

3. Defense is playing too soft. The cushions given by the secondary are ridiculous. It looked like every short pass resulted in an 8-10 yard gain.

4. The only thing worse than the cushions was the lack of pass rush. Kyle Orton could take the snap, make himself a ham sandwich and eat it, read the paper, then find someone open and throw a completion.

Ok, that is all.

Last edited:
Yes this loss completely pissed me off but I kind of expect aganst the Broncos they just beat us for some reason. What I really really really really hate is the OT format it just bugs me and I'd be saying the same thing even if the Pats had won the toss and the game it was a great game both times did good and bad things i couldn't stop watching then when Denver won the toss i knew it was over i mean you start at the 20 and have to go only half the field for chance to win the game that just doesn't seem fair.

I think they should go to a modified college system start at the 50 both teams get a possetion if it's still tied go back 10 yards and keep doing that.

1. Brady is definitely out of sync. Looks like he's mentally not ready.

2. Play calling on both sides of the ball is crap

3. Defense looks like 2nd or 3rd string is out there. They were missing tackles left and right. Moreno was a bull when he ran for Georgia, but missing tackles is killing us. Playing 10 yards off the receivers and getting burned underneath.

4. Too many missed opportunities.

They will get better and Brady will get in sync.....eventually.

I hope....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes