PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Vent Your Frustration" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Brady sucked yesterday, but I still have faith in him. I think he'll get better down the stretch.

2. Offensive playcalling is a joke. It's way too predictable and they need to spice it up a bit. If the run isn't working and Brady's too inaccurate on the long bombs, why not do some more screen passes? This was a problem during the Jets game too; I still think screen passes would've got the job done.

3. Defense is playing too soft. The cushions given by the secondary are ridiculous. It looked like every short pass resulted in an 8-10 yard gain.

4. The only thing worse than the cushions was the lack of pass rush. Kyle Orton could take the snap, make himself a ham sandwich and eat it, read the paper, then find someone open and throw a completion.

Ok, that is all.

This.

Notice when WE ACTAULLY PUT PRESSURE WE SACKED HIS ASS. Too much cushion and no pass rush.

Offensive and defensive coaches are a joke. Something needs to happen.

It seems like 2007 was about five years ago.

The Patriots are paying the price for losing two OCs and two DCs since 2004. Seems like they have a pretty marginal assistant coaching staff right now. Also, as a result of some recent poor drafts, there aren't a lot of 3rd-4th year guys who are entering their high-production years. Instead we have some older free agent-types and some younger guys, without a lot in between. I think 10-6 would be a good year.

The Patriots are paying the price for losing two OCs and two DCs since 2004. Seems like they have a pretty marginal assistant coaching staff right now. Also, as a result of some recent poor drafts, there aren't a lot of 3rd-4th year guys who are entering their high-production years. Instead we have some older free agent-types and some younger guys, without a lot in between. I think 10-6 would be a good year.

based on the rest of the scheduale i can't see them losing 4 more games

based on the rest of the scheduale i can't see them losing 4 more games

I think with Tenn and TB coming up, 5-2 going into the bye week seems realistic. But they went life-and-death with Buffalo, who lost to Cleveland yesterday. Let's say Brady is just knocking the rust off. Then OK, they could go 7-2 the rest of the way. If there's another reason for his mediocre play to date, let's say a shoulder injury, then every game on the schedule is loseable. Under that scenario, 10-6 is possible.

Isn't that the truth....:(

Last year was a fun hillbilly hayride with Cassel throughout the season. I cannot believe we are playing like this with Brady....

I am SICK of watching our defense BEND and then BREAK.

I hate watching 3rd and 15s, because they will complete.

Bend and break does not work. There have been zero "bend and break" teams that have caused us problems. ALL of the teams that have caused us problems have been aggressive, because this is a passing league. You CANNOT "cover" in this league anymore. You need to get pressure on at the source of the pass, not the destination. This is obvious to anyone who has watched a lot of football in recent years.

BB may be a great coach, but a "defensive genius" he is not.

I paid too much for my muffler!!!!

That is all.

I wish the networks would stop giving us Giants or Jets games when the Pats aren't on. Give me the best game out there. Giants/Raiders what a joke when we could have seen the Raven/Bengals. KC\Dallas was entertaining although not my first choice either.

1. Brady is definitely out of sync. Looks like he's mentally not ready.

2. Play calling on both sides of the ball is crap

3. Defense looks like 2nd or 3rd string is out there. They were missing tackles left and right. Moreno was a bull when he ran for Georgia, but missing tackles is killing us. Playing 10 yards off the receivers and getting burned underneath.

4. Too many missed opportunities.

They will get better and Brady will get in sync.....eventually.

I hope....

Greetings,
This is the post I agree most with in this thread.
Shalom,
celticboy04

I remember a quarterback this team once had who constantly keyed in on one receiver, regardless of how he was covered. That quarterback was Drew Bledsoe, and that receiver(tight end) was Ben Coates. I am beginning to see a Bledsoe/Coates-like relationship with Brady and Welker, and it is starting to become detrimental to this offense. On the play where Brady got stripped (while using the Byron Leftwich wind-up), the replay showed Ben Watson clearly wide open on the left hashmark, but Brady was staring down Welker and waiting for him to get open. The Jets game is when I first started noticing this, because when Welker wasn't in there Brady looked lost and out of sync. If they took as much as time to get Moss involved in the offense as they did Welker this offense wouldn't be bogging down as much, IMO. I believe (and I could be wrong) Brady only has one completion of over 30 yards this year. He isn't hitting the deep ball at all (missed a wide-open Moss AGAIN today), and on the drive where Denver gave the Pats two 4th down conversions on punt penalties, he was horrendous. I know the numbers say he isn't playing awful, but it seems like for stretches he gets into a funk, and seems like it happens at very inopportune times. (does it remind anyone else of 2002?)

I am becoming concerned with the offensive gameplan. No play-action ever, now Vollmer could be getting alot of time. Where the hell is Green-Ellis? All the kid does is produce when he actually gets to play. Get Florence Maroney off the damn field, he has had ample opportunity to come through, and he hasn't.

The Dean Pees experiment is becoming a huge issue with me. Romeo Crennel is out there, right? He doesn't have an exclusivity agreement with Coors or something? The defensive play-calling in overtime was godawful, I thought Myron Guyton and Maurice Hurst were part of the DB crew the way they were playing the Bronco receivers.

God I hate it when this team plays in Denver. HATE IT!

You are right.....Brady is locking more onto one receiver ALOT this year......primarily welker ....and the Defenses are keying on it.....Pees.....don't even start it.....he is a "pees" of sh!t!!!!!....( that is for your italia patriot fan!)....not the worst DC i am sure.....but we can do better.....would love to see Romeo back here.....He is a true defensive genius....watch the execution of our D from the middle 2001 to the time he left......Maroney.....He had a few good runs....still tap dancing at the hole overall....that isn't going to change...Would love to see BJGE get a shot in there....I'm one of the few BJGE proponents on here.......

The Patriots are paying the price for losing two OCs and two DCs since 2004. Seems like they have a pretty marginal assistant coaching staff right now

yes....and don't expect that to change....BB likes to promote from within....maybe he will bring Romeo back (or another top DC), and get a seasoned creative OC.....but I wouldn't bet on it......get used to "whats his name....OC" and Pees of sh#t!!!

Growing up my earliest Pats memories were of losing in Denver in 86 when Raymond Berry started to become senile, losing to Denver again when a Tom Ramsey to Irving Fryar completion was wiped out on a bad instant replay call, and the final game of the 88 season when Berry, who at this point I believe had either full-blown Alzhemier's or a man-crush on Tony Eason, benched Doug Flutie for Eason and barely used ROY John Stephens. Nothing good ever happens in Denver. I am totally willing to put this weekend's debacle behind me if they go on a run and blow out the Titans and Bucs, go to the bye week and get right, and finish 11-5.

Alright, just the thread I need.

THROW THE BALL TO RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Brady, it seems like you cant make a deep throw for the life of you. I'm not even kidding when I say T-Jack would have played better then you yesterday. You have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Kevin Faulk. Even when you tried to throw the deep ball to Randy Moss you tossed it to the OTHER side of the endzone. Get your head on straight!!

Ahh that was fun.

Stephen Neal is UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaahhh, that feels better......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye