PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Terrance Knighton case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has his play dipped that bad or does he not fit the scheme? I don't get it...

With BB you just don't know. Could be a vet lick that he is sitting to see the others. The competition is fierce for spots at DT. Could be why waste your time he looks like a stiff.

isn't pot roast suppose to be a monster against the run??? keep him for that reason only.

Pot Roast just hasn't established himself in training camp so it looks like he's a goner. Too bad - He's a native New Englander, and from all accounts, a real nice guy.

I think BB was asked about Knighton at the end of his press conference, sometimes it's really hard to hear the reporters questions. I haven't seen the transcript yet. Think he said this about Knighton " Some new things, different techniques then he was used to doing' Then something about Knighton played some last week and BB wanted to see what the younger guys were doing. Not word for word but something to that effect.

Not sure what it means. We had WR's that couldn't pick up our offense, maybe Knighton is having a hard time picking up the way Patriot's like to play defense. Could mean that he was just giving Knighton the game off while he looked at other players. Maybe BB had already decided that Knighton was going to make the 53 man roster and wanted to see what the youngsters could do.

Unfortunately Knighton will never be confused with Wilfork as a run stopper.

Brown is going to be a stud defensive lineman in this league.

Knighton, not so much!

The question (I could not hear it) comes at the very end of the Q&A, at about 8:30

Bill Belichick 8/26: 'Our guys competed well tonight'

Well you know some new techniques, some new things... a little different things from what he has been used to doing.

You know we played the younger guys tonight, we didn't get as much of a look at him as some other players. He played a little more last week so, you know. I think there's good competition at the position. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.​

And with that an 'okay, thank you' and BB walked away.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Knighton's reaction? Sounds to me that he is convinced he is a dead man walking.

It’s always a concern (when you don't play).

I prepared myself to play. I just didn’t play. I don’t know. You’ve got to ask the coaches.

I’m 100 percent healthy. I prepared myself to play a lot of football tonight. It didn’t happen. It is what it is. I’m not asking why or anything. I’m just going to show up to work tomorrow and take it a day at a time.

I have faith in my abilities. I have faith in the coaching staff’s decision, whatever the decision was. I’m not looking for an explanation or anything. Just show up to work tomorrow, and I’ve still got a lot of ball left in me, so it is what it is.

It’s disappointing because I’ve played a lot of ball in this league, seen a lot of things, but I’m not going to make too much of it. It is what it is. Whatever happens, happens. If I’m here, I’m here. If I’m not, I’m not. I’m just taking it a day at a time really.​

Terrance Knighton disappointed by not playing: 'If I'm here, I'm here; If I'm not, I'm not'

Terrance Knighton disappointed after not playing in Carolina

Pretty disappointing... I was really looking forward to him being on the team when we first signed him.

I don't even think he'll make it to the 75 man roster due Tuesday.

How about Knighton to the 49ers for Anthony Davis? Throw in Dobson?

Davis is not their starting T any more... It's Trent Brown, plus they just drafted Theus.

Davis is not their starting T any more... It's Trent Brown, plus they just drafted Theus.

Do it in a heartbeat.

My only concern with that would be the fact that if you're SF you're getting two players (Knighton, Dobson) who were likely going to be cut anyway (I don't think that I agree with Loyko's opinion that Potroast could bring a late rounder at this point in time), and you're giving up a much higher level of talent in Davis, to boot.

Like slash said, I'd do it in a heartbeat if they would accept it.

I am surprised. I thought on a prove it deal for that final contract push he would show a lot more. I would trade him for anything I would get pretty much.

Never focused on his play previously but when I did see him he didn't seem bad. Played early too, but also late into games. I'd say he is a 60/40 guy with 60% he makes team. Hes a quality veteran.

This thread's title had me thinking he was under indictment or something ... :confused:

Pretty disappointing... I was really looking forward to him being on the team when we first signed him.

That would be the BB method. If he is going to get cut, do it early so he can latch on elsewhere. Maybe not playing him served several purposes. Assuming it wasn't because they know what they have (keeping him) and wanted to see the other guys, it reduces the chances of him getting hurt and having to cut him with an injury settlement but it could send a message to the league that he is available and call us before he's cut ( ala Washington and Stork) so they can control where he goes somewhat.

I still think he sticks.

They wanted a long look at Kuhn and Anthony Johnson.

I would be surprised if he did as well. He hasn't set himself apart from the rest of the competition and doesn't look as stout against the run as he did earlier in his career. The Pats seem like they should have enough bodies against the run this season to make Knighton and his cap hit expendable. Especially considering the emergence of Brown.

I just find it hard to believe Kuhn has beat him or has the higher upside. He may not have established himself yet...but..i guess you have too by now to make the team

BB will sometimes cut a vet 'early' to give them a chance to catch on elsewhere. That could be the case here, he and Branch are competing for 1 roster spot IMO.

If you are a vet you have to clearly beat out the young inexpensive player with upside.

Very excited about the potential of this D, could be the best in many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News