PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The state of GDT and postgame thread moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.
The University of Phoenix is having a 10 year reunion next month. I’m debating about whether or not I should go. It’s a private event.
You’re really beating a dead horse lol

You think he’s spending $600 of his own coin every month? The public funding helps. Idiot. You dumbass.
I'm so interested to hear which public entity is funding this

I'm so interested to hear which public entity is funding this
Clearly not you. The rest of us are helping pick up the cost. You know… the public?

You’re really beating a dead horse lol

Given the **** show that the Bucs defense has put on tonight, I'd say this thread has been more entertaining than the football game, even me having at least one of the posters Kontra's chatting up being on ignore.

Yeah...

Not really. There is no question that both the censorship and the homer Karen posting has gotten much worse over the course of time. It used to take a lot to get banned. Nowadays, you get banned for comparatively little to nothing.

And the numbers of homers going full Karen is a far bigger problem than any trolls.

I am not familiar with the banning (censorship) right now or over time. I do not pay attention to any of that.

Incessant whiners want to know why nobody wants to read their ceaseless moaning BS… funny stuff.

The same crowd who told us we sucked in 2014, 2016 and 2018… that we had no talent, were too old, slow and BB should be fired still telling us how bad we suck in the midst of an actual rebuild.

Laughable…

Does he do that for anyone who signs up? Didn’t think so. It’s open to the public. It’s a public forum.
"He" is here - I was going to close it but I figured it would make more sense to address a few of these before I do.

1) Yes, it's a public forum but it's private in a sense this isn't Twitter or Facebook. And I do screen new registrations to prevent spam or anyone who might come in and be disruptive.

2) Yes, I'm here for everybody and I obviously do the best I can, even though the amount of negative messages I sometimes get can get a little depressing. A lot of work goes into this place primarily because I'm a little nuts like that, and I do sometimes have my moments, like anyone else might. I'm aware of the issues and it's impossible to please everyone. Obviously, I still try, but I do tend to lose more than I win.

3) Yes, there are some months where things can become challenging $$-wise, especially during the offseason. I won't elaborate, but "it is what it is". I did make some changes this offseason to hopefully at least make the experience here a little better in terms of lag, crashes, etc. Again, I listen to every bit of feedback and continue to try and do the best I can here.

4) "The GDT should be a safe space for knee jerk reactions, pessimism, venting, and ranting. " - I do agree with this, and I will have that conversation.

5) That being said, I do need people to be a little more proactive in controlling their experience. It took a lot of work to implement the "mute" function. It would be really cool if people used it and would definitely help with part of this problem.

Incessant whiners want to know why nobody wants to read their ceaseless moaning BS… funny stuff.

The same crowd who told us we sucked in 2014, 2016 and 2018… that we had no talent, were too old, slow and BB should be fired still telling us how bad we suck in the midst of an actual rebuild.

Laughable…
Ok, Dahmer.

"He" is here - I was going to close it but I figured it would make more sense to address a few of these before I do.

1) Yes, it's a public forum but it's private in a sense this isn't Twitter or Facebook. And I do screen new registrations to prevent spam or anyone who might come in and be disruptive.

2) Yes, I'm here for everybody and I obviously do the best I can, even though the amount of negative messages I sometimes get can get a little depressing. A lot of work goes into this place primarily because I'm a little nuts like that, and I do sometimes have my moments, like anyone else might. I'm aware of the issues and it's impossible to please everyone. Obviously, I still try, but I do tend to lose more than I win.

3) Yes, there are some months where things can become challenging $$-wise, especially during the offseason. I won't elaborate, but "it is what it is". I did make some changes this offseason to hopefully at least make the experience here a little better in terms of lag, crashes, etc. Again, I listen to every bit of feedback and continue to try and do the best I can here.

4) "The GDT should be a safe space for knee jerk reactions, pessimism, venting, and ranting. " - I do agree with this, and I will have that conversation.

5) That being said, I do need people to be a little more proactive in controlling their experience. It took a lot of work to implement the "mute" function. It would be really cool if people used it and would definitely help with part of this problem.
Re: Point 1, that’s the only point I was trying to make.

@Ian can I submit my passport in lieu of my drivers license so you know that you’re not violating the Civil Rights Act?
LOL, if that ever really becomes a thing I'd have to do, I'd be forced to just close up shop and find another hobby - which would probably be sort of tough because I do enjoy this whole web thing.

Can we maybe chill the hell out with over moderating the GDT and postgame thread, deleting posts and banning people from the thread for expressing even a tinge of negativity? It's getting really old really fast

Moderating is a voluntary and largely thankless job. The moderators on this site are EXCELLENT and we're lucky to have people doing it who genuinely care. You always can choose not to post "questionable" content that draws their involvement.

LOL, if that ever really becomes a thing I'd have to do, I'd be forced to just close up shop and find another hobby - which would probably be sort of tough because I do enjoy this whole web thing.
But this is a company. You need to abide by the Civil Rights Act. I’m a black, trans, man. You can’t ban me. I’ll sue you.

I’ll take the W. Go ahead and close this bad boy out, Ian. I demand it as an investor. And as a member of the protected class.

Thanks for the Google. You’re brilliant.
I figure with your MBA you would want to make sure you don't sound stupid to the people you interact with at your job

Kontra working overtime to ensure his right to be a whining entitled fan… when everyone knows he’s really rooting for Tampa and for NE to lose. I wonder if next year he’ll be equally as enthusiastic for Blaine Gabbart… somehow I don’t think so.

The guy posts too much, I hope his wife understands.

I figure with your MBA you would want to make sure you don't sound stupid to the people you interact with at your job
Is that what your dad told you after he chained you up to the radiator and did a little dance in front of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back