PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you guys need to chill out... please

LOL.

Contrarily, all you and your ilk (bigfandan) ever posit is "Maroney dances too much" or "Maroney lacks vision" or "lacks a feel for the hole (lol)."

If this were a court room, there is NO QUESTION which side has the preponderance of TANGIBLE evidence to support their case. So give it up already.

/
Maybe you are right. Hold on, maybe there are others that aren't as blind as you:

[*]1
"Maroney will have to prove he can stay healthy and stop dancing at the line..." Rotoworld, Laurence Maroney

[*]2
"One of the criticisms of Patriots running back Laurence Maroney is that he can be indecisive." Gasper, All Maroney can do is carry on - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

[*]3
"It's easier said than done (see Laurence Maroney), but all Hightower needs to do is stop dancing. " Tim Hightower : USATODAY.com - Tim Hightower Biography from USATODAY.com

[*]4
"23. It’s now or never for Laurence Maroney. He must show he can be an effective inside runner and stop dancing, or we’ll have to forget him for good. Some have already completely written him off. I say take a late flier on him for sure." Scott Engle, Roto University's 75 Tips for Fantasy Football Success | Bleacher Report

[*]5
"Maroney should stop tapping his feet; just lower your shoulder and get a yard". Phil Simms, during broadcast Pats-Skins Game

[*]6
Kevin Saleeba: " I don't think the Patriots lose much of anything when Maroney is on the sideline. Sammy Morris is a better runner. Morris hits the holes, while Maroney dances around the line of scrimmage."
Scout.com: Roundtable: Week 7 - Cassel Under Fire

[*]7
LoVell Parkman: "Bench him. Its time for him to stop dancing and start hitting the hole (when there is one) and run hard between the tackles. One cut and go. Morris and Jordan are running behind the same offensive line and they do a much better" PatriotsInsider.com

we have a lot more evidence, where can we file these, you honor?

Last edited:
Danny Boy, you listed OPINIONS. The Maroney rump swabs have posted facts, numbers, etc. They're not the same things. Give it a rest.

Danny Boy, you listed OPINIONS. The Maroney rump swabs have posted facts, numbers, etc. They're not the same things. Give it a rest.

There are many instances where his decision making was blatantly wrong. He could be a better runner by correcting a simple fault in his game, that is all.

I can't venture to guess where Bill stands on this one. I do think Fred Taylor signing was telling. I hope as the season approaches, this issue will be addressed one way (he improves) or the other (he gets less playing time behind other running backs, or he gets traded). Only tme will tell. If neither of the scenarios happen then you will be proven right.

Last edited:
LOL.

This might be the most hilarious post I've ever read here.

DW, we have shown you YPC, DVOA/success rate, % of plays for negative yardage.

We have shown you DETAILED game breakdowns which clearly lay out the subpar run-blocking on the first team (which you MAY have noticed for Taylor, as well).

Contrarily, all you and your ilk (bigfandan) ever posit is "Maroney dances too much" or "Maroney lacks vision" or "lacks a feel for the hole (lol)."

If this were a court room, there is NO QUESTION which side has the preponderance of TANGIBLE evidence to support their case. So give it up already.

By the way, Sanders looked great last night. Some very solid tackling, and a great shake to take down Cooley and save the TD.

You are smart Mrs. Sanders. You figured out whose feces is without scent besides Simon#1. That Cub Scout Pack must be fun.
Maroney dances too much. Live with it Cousin. Your son is a solid back up Safety in this league. Nice kid, so you raised him right, but with limited talent. He will not start be years end. Not a playmaker and limited range. Anyone here on this site argue that point? If he was covering Cooley as he should have been (it was his man, Bruschi took the blame but he was underneath. That was your son's zone) he would not have to have run as far. Copy this down so if I am wrong you can go Nah, Nah! to me.

Mods.... Can there be one guy using two names on this site like Harry and Lloyd here (or Harry Lloyd)?
DW Toys

This is too funny. It's hilariouis when someone totally bonks himself publicly and doesn't realize it. Unless you were looking into a mirror as you typed the first sentence below?
et, tu Brutus?
DW Toys

The Law Firm of Ben, Jarvus, Greene, and Ellis can represent me anytime.

Calvin Johnson is a beast. I'd toss a lot Detriot's way in a trade for him.

Calvin Johnson is a beast. I'd toss a lot Detriot's way in a trade for him.

Nice pass by Stafford. The Det D is afraid of Dallas Clark though. How can a slow TE get so open?

Nice pass by Stafford. The Det D is afraid of Dallas Clark though. How can a slow TE get so open?

Rookie safety........

That's it. And not only in pre season games but in practices. That was the key tell most of the kneejerk over reactors missed with Cassel last off season, too...
Mo, I was one who thought Cassel should go. I admit it.
DW Toys

He almost came down with that one.

Wow.

Here's hoping Calvin decides to test the free agency waters.

Count me in as a fan of BJGE. I hope we don't cut him, but I'll always respect whatever decisions BB makes. How could we question BB's personnel moves when he consistently fields one of the deeper teams in the league on an annual basis?

Maybe you are right. Hold on, maybe there are others that aren't as blind as you:

I love it when people throw up random quotes...

"Maroney will have to prove he can stay healthy and stop dancing at the line..." Rotoworld, Laurence Maroney

What qualifications do the people at Rotoworld have other than being a good place to get fantasy league information?

"One of the criticisms of Patriots running back Laurence Maroney is that he can be indecisive." Gasper, All Maroney can do is carry on - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Too bad Gaspar wasn't criticizing Maroney as being indecisive. He was reporting that one of the criticisms (by the pundits aka ignorant media ) is that he's indecisive. You might want to re-read that article.

"It's easier said than done (see Laurence Maroney), but all Hightower needs to do is stop dancing. " Tim Hightower : USATODAY.com - Tim Hightower Biography from USATODAY.com

You might want to read more. That was a snippet taken from the Arizona Cardinals website by a pundit of theirs..

"23. It’s now or never for Laurence Maroney. He must show he can be an effective inside runner and stop dancing, or we’ll have to forget him for good. Some have already completely written him off. I say take a late flier on him for sure." Scott Engle, Roto University's 75 Tips for Fantasy Football Success | Bleacher Report

You're using a Bleacher Report article that is quoting Rotoworld.. Hmm.. Kind of redundant there. Not to mention that the Bleacher Report isn't a news source. Its a fan site..

"Maroney should stop tapping his feet; just lower your shoulder and get a yard". Phil Simms, during broadcast Pats-Skins Game

Simms said this while he was ignoring what was happening on the field. He also didn't mention that the reason Maroney was "dancing" was because there was no hole and to "put his shoulder down" would have actually lost him yardage.

Kevin Saleeba: " I don't think the Patriots lose much of anything when Maroney is on the sideline. Sammy Morris is a better runner. Morris hits the holes, while Maroney dances around the line of scrimmage."
Scout.com: Roundtable: Week 7 - Cassel Under Fire

Scouts.com? And what are his credentials? Other than he is at scouts.com. Has he ever broken down any of the running plays?

LoVell Parkman: "Bench him. Its time for him to stop dancing and start hitting the hole (when there is one) and run hard between the tackles. One cut and go. Morris and Jordan are running behind the same offensive line and they do a much better" PatriotsInsider.com

LoVell Parkman? Who? Hell, even he makes a quip about the O-line not getting the holes open.. But what he failed to acknowledge is that Morris and Jordan were NOT running behind the same O-line. When Maroney was running, he Yates or Hochstein in at RG. Jordan and Morris had Neal..

So, you quote fan sites, pundits with no credentials, and a website that is dedicated to fantasy football as your support?? :rolleyes:

BTW, here is the 3 games from last year in which Jordan, Morris, and Maroney played in.

KC:
Morris: 10 for 53 yards
Maroney: 10 for 51 yards
Jordan : 2 for 6 yards

NYJ:
Morris: 8 for 0
Maroney: 8 for 16
Jordan: 11 for 62

*Note: This is the game where Maroney broke his shoulder

SF:
Maroney: 10 for 26
Morris: 16 for 63
Jordan: 5 for 16

*Note: Maroney played with his broken shoulder.

The one healthy game he had, he did well.. But Jordan didn't..

Agreed. Just protecting someone who had a reasonable point and backed it up from the bully boys.
DW Toys

*ROFLMAO* I love when you blatantly lie..

not sure if its indecisiveness, but maroney takes too long to get to the line of scrimmage.........he needs to be a one-cut runner and save the dance for when he's past the line of scrimmage......

BLGE will continue to be more effective as long as he gets to the line quicker.....

it will also not take long for him to get hurt again as long as he runs as tall as he does........BJGE gets alot lower

I don't know about being a troll, but he clearly doesn't know much beyond the basics of football. Guess that is why DW ran to his aid..

To falsely claim one's knowledge of a spectator sport in order to establish an argument = shameless

Have a nice weekend in your basement, loser. I am off playing golf now. Opps, you have been living weekends since your factory laid you off last year. Nice job passing as a "football insider".

To falsely claim one's knowledge of a spectator sport in order to establish an argument = shameless

Have a nice weekend in your basement, loser. I am off playing golf now. Opps, you have been living weekends since your factory laid you off last year. Nice job passing as a "football insider".

There was nothing false about my claim. And it wasn't used to establish the argument. I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Sorry, but the house that I live in doesn't have a basement. Nice try though. As for you going off to play golf. Good for you. I'll be cutting and staining the wood for my new entertainment center.

BTW, I don't pass myself off to be a "football insider." I am someone who knows more about football than ignorant people like yourself, but I am always looking for points of view supported by facts and not just the regurgitation of the pundits...

Some of you guys are really callous by seemingly putting someone down by claiming they are unemployed or have a low wage job. It might surprise you that many of us are unemployed. I am in my last semester of nursing school at the age of 49. I was forced to make the career switch given the rapacity of the corporate world. It's amazing that one poster claimed a higher intellect and a higher wage and assumed that it would automatically qualify him as being a better human being. Interesting....
Personally, I come from the point of view where career people are definitely more inclined to be "paper people;" in other words, they haven't spent adequate time to develop their inner understanding. Career people are definitely less interesting than unemployed people (on the whole--if I could make a generalization.) But in either case, you can't make judgments as to someone's worth based on whether they have a high-paying job or whether they don't even have a job. It's really shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes