PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! One great game and then disapeared completelly eventhough our RB corp was still depleted. Seriously, he hasn't done anything that Mike Cloud or Heath Evans did for one game.

People want to remember the fact he had 105 yards and a TD vs. a beat up Buffalo team (Donte Whitner and Aaron Schobel were inactive and Buffalo had the 22nd ranked run defense last year), but ignore he had 9 carries for 16 yards vs. St. Louis and 7 carries for 20 yards vs. Miami. He was decent last year, but not this amazing RB that people turned him into.

If the Pats can afford to keep 5 RBs, they will keep him. If not, he will either be cut or traded. He is still low man on the totem pole among the RBs. If Belichick agreed with many of the BJGE fans that he may be better than Maroney, BJGE and not Maroney would have been getting snaps with the first offense last night.

That's it. And not only in pre season games but in practices. That was the key tell most of the kneejerk over reactors missed with Cassel last off season, too...

Hey - I'm the orignial member of the BJGE fan club, naming him as my dark horse his rookie year... but when you have a team of quality veterans and you'll spare no expense to win a Super Bowl, quality young player can get cut.

Keep in mind when his playing time is coming right now too. There's a lot of average players who look great against 3rd stringers.

So BJGE could be cut. Whatever Belichick decides is best for the team.

Last edited:
They will be making a BIG mistake if they cut the kid. He has shown burst, hit the holes hard and carried defenders on his back. He is a better compliment to our passing offense. Maroney is at best the feast-famine type of player (ala Barry sanders, but not nearly as good in big play category) that constantly backs a team into second & long situations. Brady and company just needs a rb that can get 2-3 yards a pop to keep defense honest. They can't afford Maroney putting them into 2nd & 12.

I can almost hear your response, Bill is god, how can anyone question you?

You crap on Maroney and then make a slight comparison of him with Barry Sanders(in which your critical of as well):confused:. Sorry if I don't understand your logic here, but as much as I like BJGE, I'll go with BB and his coaches on this one who happen to see these guys play day-in and day-out at TC.

Belichick is a darn good Coach but he is not perfect. Perhaps BJGE is the real deal, perhaps he isn't. I hear people saying BJGE averaged only 3.7yds last season but do u guys remember the game sitiuations he was called in to run? I remember about 4 of his TDs were 1yd runs so that will affect his average.

You crap on Maroney and then make a slight comparison of him with Barry Sanders(in which your critical of as well):confused:. Sorry if I don't understand your logic here, but as much as I like BJGE, I'll go with BB and his coaches on this one who happen to see these guys play day-in and day-out at TC.

He's a troll. Hope that helps. :)

I'm a big BJGE, Lawfirm fan. I'm gonna hate it when he's cut, which needs to be so to give depth and player development at other positions. Hopefully KC and Denver won't need a RB for their 53 and he makes our PS.

Last edited:
I don't understand all the drone about BJGE playing scrubs- he had a 100 yard game against Indy last year.

Doesn't that count for anything??
BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Game Logs

Well, no it doesn't count for anything when you have your information incorrect.. BJGE did NOT have a 100 yard game against INDY last year. You really should check your facts. BJGE only had 57 yards on 15 rushes against Indy last year. The 100 yard game came against Buffalo.. who's defense wasn't very good..

How long do Morris and Taylor last? One, two years?

Fred Astaire is not a north-south runner. We need variety.

Another person who shows his lack of understanding by buying into the idea that Maroney is a dancer. :rolleyes: Do me a favor, would you? Go and watch the line play on the runs that Maroney tries to make.. Then look at the line play on the plays by BJGE.

Come on. Have you forgotten last season all ready. Starting in regular season NFL games ( and gaining over a 100 yards in the game ), doesn't count?
How is that fourth stringers? Sorry but thats a weak post.

No weaker than your own. Do you realize how many rookie RBs started in a regular season NFL game and put up over 100 yards against a mediocre run defense.

How is BJGE 4th string? Gee, because the only reason he started that game was because Maroney was on IR, Morris was hurt and Jordan was hurt.. And you'll need to remind yourself that BJGE sat the final 3 games of last season after Morris and Jordan were healthy. If he was so good, why did that happen?

I'm a big BJGE, Lawfirm fan. I'm gonna hate it when he's cut, which needs to be so to give depth and player development at other positions. Hopefully KC and Denver won't need a RB for their 53 and he makes our PS.

K.C. has issues at the position.

In some cultures trolls are lovely creatures. Unlike Deus, the small ****, is a name-calling loser.

Last edited:
No, he's not a better compliment to the passing offense. One of the things you don't comprehend is that one of the reasons Maroney has a hard time is that when he's been out there, teams think RUN first and tend to leave 7 in box and bring a safety down close as well.. By getting Maroney more involved in the passing game, you now open up the field even more, can sell the Play-action passes better and you give yourself another viable weapon. It forces the defense to play back and not stack the box.. Which will, in turn, open up the running game.

You might want to go and get educated because Maroney has more runs that go for positive yards than Morris does. People like yourself are just plain talking out your arse when you start talking about Maroney putting the Pats in 2&12 positions on a regular basis. It just doesn't happen.

Its not a matter of questioning BB. Its a matter of actually knowing WTF you are talking about. And its clear that you are sadly lacking in factual information.

Simon ,
Again you amaze me with your self importance and arrogant attitude. You are one of the most uninformed contributors on this site, yet your answer is always "you show me" which is an acronym for "I sure as hell can't". You actually know nothing and go to Pseudo Intellectual mode once more.
This Cousin actually makes some good points. So Simon, Being Simon and if somebody doesn't agree with Simon's flawed logic, Simon says...."I know....Lets attack this guy with something bizarre and unimaginative by telling the Cousin he doesn't know what he is talking about and asking him to prove his hypothesis while this way, I never have to prove mine!!!"

Case in point:
"you are sadly lacking in factual information". Who the hell are you Cousin?! You have never based anything you say on fact. It is always opinion.
How does it feel to be the most hated cousin on this site? You are actually self centered enough to think that the people who enjoy this site are your flock and agree with everything you say.
I don't agree with everybody on this site. I surely have detractors of stuff I say. I am not always right. I try to deal with respect those others who challenge me. I usually get that respect back. But there are only one or two of the self important Cousins I go after. You and your macho brother who has unscented feces too. Remember..... This is for entertainment and pleasure. It is not a site where one might bolster ones manhood behind the cover of ones obvious shortcomings in social etiquette.

I see you a little short Mr. Peepers type guy with coke bottle glasses who still lives at home with mom playing on the internet every hour, wiping his Dorito fouled hands on his green corduroy pants. Simon has his own Patriots Media Guide by his side and dreams of the day he an BB walk the sideline together with matched hoodies. How many times a week do you get beat up after school, dood?

Like you told me once. When you go out to social events, and let me paraphrase, you don't always wind up with people hating you because you don't always initiate arguments. That's good. These Cub Scout meetings can lead to major conflagrations.
DW Toys

Yes, someone as pathetically ignorant as you are would say such a thing because you don't know any better. Your grasp of the game is so small that when I talk about how the O-line is supposed to be opening Gaps, you probably think I'm talking about stores in malls where they sell jeans..

The same Phil Simms who said that when there was NO HOLE for Maroney to run through? Simms needed to zip it and just call what was actually happening instead of throwing out ignorant comments like you've been doing.

You would be idiotic enough to think that saying WTF is profanity. All ignorant people make that ASSUMPTION. I know which one of us is highly educated, highly paid, and understand football and which one of us isn't. You've made it clear that its not you.

You think you know more about the game than Phil Simms who actually played and won Sb, and who is very respected and highly paid for his analysis. Next thing you will be calling Tom Brady ignorant. Good for you.

By the way, how far are you from Waco?

Simon ,
Again you amaze me with your self importance and arrogant attitude. You are one of the most uninformed contributors on this site, yet your answer is always "you show me" which is an acronym for "I sure as hell can't". You actually know nothing and go to Pseudo Intellectual mode once more.
This Cousin actually makes some good points. So Simon, Being Simon and if somebody doesn't agree with Simon's flawed logic, Simon says...."I know....Lets attack this guy with something bizarre and unimaginative by telling the Cousin he doesn't know what he is talking about and asking him to prove his hypothesis while this way, I never have to prove mine!!!"

Case in point:
"you are sadly lacking in factual information". Who the hell are you Cousin?! You have never based anything you say on fact. It is always opinion.
How does it feel to be the most hated cousin on this site? You are actually self centered enough to think that the people who enjoy this site are your flock and agree with everything you say.
I don't agree with everybody on this site. I surely have detractors of stuff I say. I am not always right. I try to deal with respect those others who challenge me. I usually get that respect back. But there are only one or two of the self important Cousins I go after. You and your macho brother who has unscented feces too. Remember..... This is for entertainment and pleasure. It is not a site where one might bolster ones manhood behind the cover of ones obvious shortcomings in social etiquette.

I see you a little short Mr. Peepers type guy with coke bottle glasses who still lives at home with mom playing on the internet every hour, wiping his Dorito fouled hands on his green corduroy pants. Simon has his own Patriots Media Guide by his side and dreams of the day he an BB walk the sideline together with matched hoodies. How many times a week do you get beat up after school, dood?

Like you told me once. When you go out to social events, and let me paraphrase, you don't always wind up with people hating you because you don't always initiate arguments. That's good. These Cub Scout meetings can lead to major conflagrations.
DW Toys

LOL.

This might be the most hilarious post I've ever read here.

DW, we have shown you YPC, DVOA/success rate, % of plays for negative yardage.

We have shown you DETAILED game breakdowns which clearly lay out the subpar run-blocking on the first team (which you MAY have noticed for Taylor, as well).

Contrarily, all you and your ilk (bigfandan) ever posit is "Maroney dances too much" or "Maroney lacks vision" or "lacks a feel for the hole (lol)."

If this were a court room, there is NO QUESTION which side has the preponderance of TANGIBLE evidence to support their case. So give it up already.

By the way, Sanders looked great last night. Some very solid tackling, and a great shake to take down Cooley and save the TD.

Simon ,

DW - you clearly have me mistaken for someone else. Considering how ignorant you are and how many people have come through and told you how wrong you are about Sanders, please forgive me if I totally ignore your BS.

I've always proven my points. And I use FACT to do it.

Case in point:

You are so completely laughable, DW. I've always based my opinions on fact. Always..You clear don't understand the difference between a fact and an opinon. But that is not surprising.

If you think I am the most hate person on this site, well, that's your opinion. As for what I think, please show me where I have EVER said or even intimated that I think people come to this site to see what I say and agree with everything. Sorry. You can't. That is just another moronic fabrication on your part.

No, you don't deal with others with respect. There are many people who have told you off for calling them "Cousin" and in fact, you recent attacks on JackBauer show you to be a liar as well.

You are one of the last people to talk about social etiquette with how you yammer on and blatantly attack players like Sanders with your lies..

Its pretty amazing how you just make up **** because you can't bring anything else to the table. You surely don't bring anything football relavent to the table.

DW Toys

DW - Do everyone a favor and zip it for a change. Better yet, just put me on your ignore list. That way you don't have to worry about actually learning something about football and you can sit here and just spew your idiotic lies about James Sanders and Laurence Maroney without having to worry about someone calling you out. OH wait. That's right, Box, Jack and numerous others have told you how full of sh!t you are regarding Sanders too.

In some cultures trolls are lovely creatures.
Yes, I'm sure you are very attractive to your fellow trolls in trollville. Birds of a feather, and all that.

You think you know more about the game than Phil Simms who actually played and won Sb, and who is very respected and highly paid for his analysis. Next thing you will be calling Tom Brady ignorant. Good for you.

By the way, how far are you from Waco?

Had you actually done more than just glanced at the game, you'd have noticed that Simms wasn't truly paying attention to the play that was going on.

Simms isn't perfect and he sure as hell isn't the best out there when it comes to his analysis.

Just because Simms played QB and won a SB some 15 years ago doesn't mean he was paying attention to the game. He regularly got players wrong, mis-spoke about the teams, and had other information wrong. I mean, dear god, he said that the Giants go to play the Giants in the Meadowlands opening night.

As I said, go back to the play in question and watch the blocking.

This is too funny. It's hilariouis when someone totally bonks himself publicly and doesn't realize it. Unless you were looking into a mirror as you typed the first sentence below?

Simon ,

Case in point:

DW Toys

I don't know about being a troll, but he clearly doesn't know much beyond the basics of football. Guess that is why DW ran to his aid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back