PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be making a BIG mistake if they cut the kid. He has shown burst, hit the holes hard and carried defenders on his back. He is a better compliment to our passing offense.

No, he's not a better compliment to the passing offense. One of the things you don't comprehend is that one of the reasons Maroney has a hard time is that when he's been out there, teams think RUN first and tend to leave 7 in box and bring a safety down close as well.. By getting Maroney more involved in the passing game, you now open up the field even more, can sell the Play-action passes better and you give yourself another viable weapon. It forces the defense to play back and not stack the box.. Which will, in turn, open up the running game.

Maroney is at best the feast-famine type of player (ala Barry sanders, but not nearly as good in big play category) that constantly backs a team into second & long situations. Brady and company just needs a rb that can get 2-3 yards a pop to keep defense honest. They can't afford Maroney putting them into 2nd & 12.

You might want to go and get educated because Maroney has more runs that go for positive yards than Morris does. People like yourself are just plain talking out your arse when you start talking about Maroney putting the Pats in 2&12 positions on a regular basis. It just doesn't happen.

I can almost hear your response, Bill is god, how can anyone question you?

Its not a matter of questioning BB. Its a matter of actually knowing WTF you are talking about. And its clear that you are sadly lacking in factual information.

The big play he had tonight where they had a huge hole that you could have driven a MACK Truck through was on a draw play. You don't think that Maroney couldn't have done the same thing.

Exactly.

I love the kid too and think he plays hard, but there is a reason why he is in there late in the game. I do not think for a minute that BB would hesitate to keep the kid IF he was the better back.

And I have faith that BB and staff know who the better back is better than I. (even if Maroney pisses me off)

It'd be a mistake to cut this kid.

We are comparing him to Morris and Maroney and Taylor. Think about it. Green-Ellis is still learning.

I don't want him in aDolphins or Jets uniform for the next five years.

Believe it or not, we don't keep players on the roster to keep them out of the hands of the jets or the phins. We take players we want from them like Welker and we give back guys like Green-Ellis.

We are comparing him to Morris and Maroney and Taylor. Think about it. Green-Ellis is still learning.

Yes, he's being compared to Morris and Maroney and Taylor. He's coming up short in the comparison.

DaBruinz,
your silly comments are beyond laughable.

Phil Simms who does not spend much time watching Maroney, said this tonight, "stop tapping your feet, lower your shoulder just get a yard". The same thing people has been screaming about his style of running.

That's the samething Bill and RB coach likely will be telling him.

Maroney is not what you think he is. His game is all finesse, not what we need. We need power running.

By the way, the profanity in your post, I take it as the ultimate sign of respect. If you suspect that one of us is highly educated and highly paid, you will be right.

I'll be honest. The people making the comparisons are doing so from a position of ignorance... They are refusing to take into consideration many of the variables that make it SEEM like BJGE is playing amazing..

DaBruinz,
your silly comments are beyond laughable.

Yes, someone as pathetically ignorant as you are would say such a thing because you don't know any better. Your grasp of the game is so small that when I talk about how the O-line is supposed to be opening Gaps, you probably think I'm talking about stores in malls where they sell jeans..

Phil Simms who does not spend much time watching Maroney, said this tonight, "stop tapping your feet, lower your shoulder just get a yard". The same thing people has been screaming about his style of running.

The same Phil Simms who said that when there was NO HOLE for Maroney to run through? Simms needed to zip it and just call what was actually happening instead of throwing out ignorant comments like you've been doing.

That's the samething Bill and RB coach likely will be telling him.

Not likely. But you can delude yourself all you want.

Maroney is not what you think he is. His game is all finesse, not what we need. We need power running.

I know what Maroney is. And someone like yourself is clueless as to what he is. I KNOW Maroney is not a POWER RUNNER in the mold of Corey Dillon. I've said that since the day he was drafted. But Maroney is not strictly a finesse runner either. Maroney can and does run with power. And there is a difference between running with power and being a power runner.

No, the Pats don't NEED a power runner. They need someone who can get 3,4,5 yards per carry when the ball is handed to him. Maroney does that. How else do you think he has a 4.3 YPC for his career.

By the way, the profanity in your post, I take it as the ultimate sign of respect. If you suspect that one of us is highly educated and highly paid, you will be right.

You would be idiotic enough to think that saying WTF is profanity. All ignorant people make that ASSUMPTION. I know which one of us is highly educated, highly paid, and understand football and which one of us isn't. You've made it clear that its not you.

I wish they would put Maroney on the block. How many times can you say "lets just give him another year". I'd be satisfied with Taylor, Morris, Faulk, and Green-Ellis.

I wish they would put Maroney on the block. How many times can you say "lets just give him another year". I'd be satisfied with Taylor, Morris, Faulk, and Green-Ellis.

Of course you would.. And then, when Morris and Taylor are injured, the Pats will have no one but Faulk and BJGE.. and that won't amount to much offense in the running game and it will make the Patriots totally one-dimensional..

I can almost hear your response, Bill is god, how can anyone question you?

Bill is god....but in this case I am not going by his words but his actions (his words sometimes can be decieving because he praises alot of guys so long as you do the right thing he will praise you wether you are the best or someone who he can help get a job elsewhere but he can't sugar his actions). Why if BJGE is better than Maroney or like a poster suggested Morris has he not seen any reps with the 1s to get him ready for running with them?

I have said it will be tough to watch him go to another team because he looks good but I don't think he is better than the other 4 guys.

question me all you want I am not always right even though I like to think I am but back up your questions with facts that can convince me and I will usually bye it.

If I were the kid, I'd try my best to crack one or more special teams units. With that on my side, I'm on the opening day roster easy. From there, I wait for my chance to show people my superior (1st person here) running skills during the season.

Obviously BB sees -something-, and must like him as a player. However like many other readers here, he hasn't shown ME anything special, especially when quality of opposition is accounted for. This includes last season, where he finished with a moderate 3.7 YPA. Also, as many have stated before me, you must compare this with Morris & Jordan who each finished with over 4.5 YPA. (I've left out Maroney and his 3.3 YPA because he was injured)

At this stage I'd say his running skills are probably replaceable, but his knowledge of the system is not. Usually you can tell a star back pretty easily, and I don't think he's it.

The kid could be their best RB but if he can't block he's useless to Belichick. Can the kid take on blocks? It took Faulk a few years to get that down ... maybe BJGE can do it - he's the #5 option on this team until then. Faulk is solid, Morris and Taylor are good players but worth nothing in trade value.

So that leaves Maroney - does he stay or does he go. He looks to have really worked on his passing game and he can block a bit so he stays. Does Bill keep 5 RB's - I think so and BJGE stays as he will be needed due to someone being injured.

Morris backs up Taylor, BJGE backs up Maroney and Faulk is Faulk as we well know - he's different.

I don't understand all the drone about BJGE playing scrubs- he had a 100 yard game against Indy last year.

Doesn't that count for anything??

How long do Morris and Taylor last? One, two years?

Fred Astaire is not a north-south runner. We need variety.

How's Patrick Cobbs these days?

BJGE Ellis needs a league where he can run against fourth string NFL players every week.

Come on. Have you forgotten last season all ready. Starting in regular season NFL games ( and gaining over a 100 yards in the game ), doesn't count?
How is that fourth stringers? Sorry but thats a weak post.

I don't remember much from the game, but on one of BJGE's big plays, he ran through an enormous hole and kept running and running until he was finally met by a guy in the secondary, in open field, and immediately went down.

That is an important measure of a running back -- yards after first contact. I'd like to see how good he'd be if he was getting hit at the LOS on each play.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing the guy dance a little bit, if the alternative is seeing him run straight into the first tackler in the middle of an open field.

subscribe - BJGE Bandwagon

Against the Redskins 2nd and 3rd teamers, BJGE appeared to be only skilled player who made any plays and kept the drive alive. With Mr Int the passing game was non-existent.

It's not like he hasnt shown what he can do when it counts. Is what he did last season just erased from the record?

Nope! One great game and then disapeared completelly eventhough our RB corp was still depleted. Seriously, he hasn't done anything that Mike Cloud or Heath Evans did for one game.

People want to remember the fact he had 105 yards and a TD vs. a beat up Buffalo team (Donte Whitner and Aaron Schobel were inactive and Buffalo had the 22nd ranked run defense last year), but ignore he had 9 carries for 16 yards vs. St. Louis and 7 carries for 20 yards vs. Miami. He was decent last year, but not this amazing RB that people turned him into.

If the Pats can afford to keep 5 RBs, they will keep him. If not, he will either be cut or traded. He is still low man on the totem pole among the RBs. If Belichick agreed with many of the BJGE fans that he may be better than Maroney, BJGE and not Maroney would have been getting snaps with the first offense last night.

I don't understand all the drone about BJGE playing scrubs- he had a 100 yard game against Indy last year.

Doesn't that count for anything??

How long do Morris and Taylor last? One, two years?

Fred Astaire is not a north-south runner. We need variety.

Actually, it was 100 yards against Buffalo, not Indy. Indy he had 3.8 YPC for 57 yards and a TD.

And the fact that he had one great game and ok games and two horrible games really don't count for much. It makes him a JAG who had one great game. So did Mike Cloud for this team. And Heath Evans (although he did find a place for a while as a FB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes