PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its just me, and 40 other people, but Im thinking gaining 130yds and 3 scores against Granny's Bingo League squad has earned this guy a spot on our team. Not to mention, he was basically the only back even given a sniff of action. Kid's a lead pipe lock without question. I dont care who else gets slid to the practice squad, Wendell, O'Callahan or whoever else is eligible, not Nunn. But the firm is on this team. And Im glad for it.

When reading this thread, I have to force myself to keep in mind that the majority of the people posting in it were the same ones that created 1,000+ posts of debate over whether or not Adam Seward was the future of the defense.

Look, BJGE looks great against back-ups. Against starters, he is serviceable AT THE MOST. When the Giants starters were in last night, he had 9 carries for 22 yards (one of the runs a 13 yard gain). Not very impressive. When he was thrust into action last year, he didn't look particularly impressive against the starters in which he played against either. Do I think he's earned a roster spot? Sure. But Maroney isn't going to be the odd man out. If anything, Morris will be cut. If that happens, then I sincerely hope that BJGE doesn't have to see the field on a regular basis. If he does, that means that injuries will once again have ravaged the the RB position.

Bottom line that the gameday roster for RB is going to be a combo of Maroney and Taylor for first and second downs, Faulk for third downs, and BJGE for situational downs or breathers for Maroney and Taylor... if even that. A lot of you guys forget what Maroney can do in this offense when he's healthy and the run blocking is good. A lot of you forget that we might not even make it to the Super Bowl in 2007 without a nine minute, bulldozing, clock killing drive that almost exclusively featured Maroney pounding down the field against the San Diego defense.

All of this said, here's to Maroney having a healthy season and a congrats to Lawfirm earning a roster spot. :eat3:

He played against backups...and who was blocking for him? BACKUPS.

He played against backups...and who was blocking for him? BACKUPS.

Let's take a look at what he did in starting situations last year then, shall we? He had 74 carries for 275 yards and a 3.7 YPC average. Outstanding stuff. Worthy of the #1 roster spot (as I've seen so many around here proclaim). :rolleyes:

How about Maroney's last (sort of) healthy season? 2007. 185 carries for 835 yards for a 4.5 YPC average. When reading these stats keep in mind that Maroney only played in 13 games that season (starting 6) because of injury. Give him a full season and we're looking at a 1,000 yard rusher.

As I said, BJGE has earned a roster spot but he's a situational guy.

In BB I trust.

When reading this thread, I have to force myself to keep in mind that the majority of the people posting in it were the same ones that created 1,000+ posts of debate over whether or not Adam Seward was the future of the defense.

Look, BJGE looks great against back-ups. Against starters, he is serviceable AT THE MOST. When the Giants starters were in last night, he had 9 carries for 22 yards (one of the runs a 13 yard gain). Not very impressive. When he was thrust into action last year, he didn't look particularly impressive against the starters in which he played against either. Do I think he's earned a roster spot? Sure. But Maroney isn't going to be the odd man out. If anything, Morris will be cut. If that happens, then I sincerely hope that BJGE doesn't have to see the field on a regular basis. If he does, that means that injuries will once again have ravaged the the RB position.

Bottom line that the gameday roster for RB is going to be a combo of Maroney and Taylor for first and second downs, Faulk for third downs, and BJGE for situational downs or breathers for Maroney and Taylor... if even that. A lot of you guys forget what Maroney can do in this offense when he's healthy and the run blocking is good. A lot of you forget that we might not even make it to the Super Bowl in 2007 without a nine minute, bulldozing, clock killing drive that almost exclusively featured Maroney pounding down the field against the San Diego defense.

All of this said, here's to Maroney having a healthy season and a congrats to Lawfirm earning a roster spot. :eat3:

I think you've got it right.

It was just one game, but it was a Dillon-like performance. I've defended Maroney a lot out here, not because he hasn't disappointed me as a First Rounder and I was hoping for Adrian Peterson or the reincarnation of Curtis Martin, but because when he's been healthy, he's produced. I really want him to have a breakout year this season.

Last night the Jets version of BJGE (Danny Woodhouse) ran for 156 yds on 19 carries. Not to begrudge Ben his due, but the fact remains he is a replaceable commondity, just about EVERY team has his BJGE, or Terrence Nunn struggling for a position at the bottom of the roster, while looking impressive in preseason games. If an injury DID happen to the top 4 backs, there will be a half dozen guys like BJGE and Danny Woodhouse, who could step in and do a workman like job.

Maybe in another year he makes the team...but NOT this year (at least not on my roster :D )

Last night the Jets version of BJGE (Danny Woodhouse) ran for 156 yds on 19 carries. Not to begrudge Ben his due, but the fact remains he is a replaceable commondity, just about EVERY team has his BJGE, or Terrence Nunn struggling for a position at the bottom of the roster, while looking impressive in preseason games. If an injury DID happen to the top 4 backs, there will be a half dozen guys like BJGE and Danny Woodhouse, who could step in and do a workman like job.

Maybe in another year he makes the team...but NOT this year (at least not on my roster :D )

If you are right then maybe he gets cut and after clearing waivers re-signed while Crable is moved to IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back