PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reggie Wayne Re-signs with Colts!

3 years? He's got to be slowing down, I think that's too many years.

I don't necessarily think so. Wayne was likely pretty much where we all thought, at almost 6 million per.

I think the signings of guys like Garcon, Jackson, etc have brought up the market for guys like Llyod and Welker.

Welker, maybe. Lloyd, probably not. Again, he is telling Belichick through the Pats' players he knows that he "won't cost much to sign" and he will take a value deal.

I also think Wayne factors into it as much as any other individual deal. Colston didn't get as much as he could either which also helps the Pats' cause.

Besides, Garcon and Mason were signed by the Redskins. If the rest of the league let the Redskins set the market, every free agent who signed today would have gotten much more than they did other than the free agents signed by the Redskins.

Last edited:
Re: Reggie Wayne Re-signs with Colts!

3 years? He's got to be slowing down, I think that's too many years.

I think you're right, but with 'only' 7.5 of it guaranteed, it may have been a fair balance to what both parties thought was good for themselves.

And even if it is too many yrs, the Colts may have been willing to do that to secure his rights.

I somehow doubt that a 2 yr deal from IND would have sealed it.

Last edited:
Weren't Colvin and AD signed the first night of FA?

No they were not. Colvin was supposed to be down to his final 2 choices and we swooped in and got him. That was at least a week in. Thomas was not the first day either.

Speaking of insanity:

Ravens | Still in hunt for Eddie Royal
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:42:56 -0700

The Baltimore Ravens are still in the hunt for free-agent WR Eddie Royal (Broncos). A report that he had been locked up with a two-year, $12 million deal by the Washington Redskins was erroneous, and an agreement is still being worked on between the two sides. The Ravens are among seven teams pursuing Royal, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

Eddie Royal to become the new Six-Million Dollar Man !!! Must be a mistake, I mean, it's got to be (or not).

Yay!!! We Gotta Get In On This Action!

Welker, maybe. Lloyd, probably not. Again, he is telling Belichick through the Pats' players he knows that he "won't cost much to sign" and he will take a value deal.

I also think Wayne factors into it as much as any other individual deal. Colston didn't get as much as he could either which also helps the Pats' cause.

We'll have to see, Rob.

I agree that it didn't help the Welker situation, that's a given.

Only time will tell if Llyod is a man of his supposed 'word' or not.

I still think that it will take approx the same value as Wayne's deal.

I don't necessarily think so. Wayne was likely pretty much where we all thought, at almost 6 million per.

I think the signings of guys like Garcon, Jackson, etc have brought up the market for guys like Llyod and Welker.

I am a Lloyd fan but he is also over 30 and I don't really feel you can compare him to Jackson. Garcon is only 25 and clearly the redskins are confused, as usual, throwing the kind of money they have at Garcon and Morgan. I don't think you can use that as the market for the other 31 teams. On top of what Lloyd has said, unless someone gets REALLY desperate, I am still pretty confident he will be lining up for the Pats.

I am a Lloyd fan but he is also over 30 and I don't really feel you can compare him to Jackson. Garcon is only 25 and clearly the redskins are confused, as usual, throwing the kind of money they have at Garcon and Morgan. I don't think you can use that as the market for the other 31 teams. On top of what Lloyd has said, unless someone gets REALLY desperate, I am still pretty confident he will be lining up for the Pats.

Hope your right, my friend.

You very well could be.

We'll have to see, Rob.

I agree that it didn't help the Welker situation, that's a given.

Only time will tell if Llyod is a man of his supposed 'word' or not.

I still think that it will take approx the same value as Wayne's deal.

Colts | Monetary details for Reggie Wayne's deal
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:16:41 -0700

Updating a previous report, Indianapolis Colts WR Reggie Wayne will receive a $7.5 million signing bonus, and $13.5 million over the first two years of his deal. In total, he will receive three years and $17.5 million.

0 Comments | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora | Share: Share on Facebook

That's $6.75m for the first two years and $4 million in the third year.

Pats better get a deal done with Brandon Lloyd or hes going to be off the market in a day or so..

unless we want to go into next season with an even older Deion Branch and Ocho-stinko as our #2 wideout
Pity about poor Brandon Lloyd, though. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

Pity about poor Brandon Lloyd, though. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

are you trying to sneak a Silence Of The Lambs reference by me, Tip????

hannibal-senator-martin.jpg

Colts | Monetary details for Reggie Wayne's deal
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:16:41 -0700

Updating a previous report, Indianapolis Colts WR Reggie Wayne will receive a $7.5 million signing bonus, and $13.5 million over the first two years of his deal. In total, he will receive three years and $17.5 million.

0 Comments | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora | Share: Share on Facebook

That's $6.75m for the first two years and $4 million in the third year.

So in all actuality, it may even take more than the Wayne signing.

Is that what you're saying? I think it could, although I was simply talking about the 6 million per average. I think that's right around where it needs to be, although it is hard to project.

Found this rumor(humor) at JI
RT @JennyVrentas: Jets are interested in S Brandon Meriweather, per source. Safety is a priority for the team. #nyj

Per Adam Schefter ‏

Maybe the Phins knew something the Bears didn't

The dude's not all there.

But for the possibility of a 3rd this yr and next, I'd probably have done the same to reunite him with Cutler.

For all we know, this story may be overblown. Maybe he gets suspended for a couple of games, who knows?

Per Twitter- Pro Football Weekly

Chargers and MEACHEM have agreed to a 4 yr deal! Sucks to be the Bills:D

So in all actuality, it may even take more than the Wayne signing.

Is that what you're saying? I think it could, although I was simply talking about the 6 million per average. I think that's right around where it needs to be, although it is hard to project.

Purely speculative but, I think Wayne had to have received an offer he felt was the best he was going to get in order to re-up with Indy so quick. I also think it would be very hard to for Lloyd to justify getting more than Wayne.

Per Twitter- The Chargers

Robert Meachem and Chargers agree to 4 yr deal worth 25.9 Mil. 14 Mil Guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents