PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brees spreads the ball so much that for folks like me it is difficult to judge what he is capable of. so pats are in a way like me, I never enter a store if I'm not planning to buy there ;)

so looking forward to the Lloyd signing

Four players on the Saints had more yards than Meachum last year, five players had more receptions (two of them RBs), and four had more receiving TDs. Yes, Brees spreads around the ball a lot, but Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Lance Moore all had more receptions than him.

Who says he wasn't? Why do fans assume the Patriots can snap their fingers and FAs will ignore the other 31 teams and come running?
Would you want to come to a team that has 3 guys who caught 291 passes for 3800 yards and 36 TDs? WRs may not see this as the ideal destination because many are worried about being the center of attention.
Meachem is running away from NO even though they have Brees because he wants to go to a team with less weapons so he is more likely to be the primary target. (My speculation, not any fact Ive found)

ok, point taken and agreed. that was my assumption.

Dang, I was hoping the Pats might have a shot at Lowrey just because he is turning into a pretty good FS and has versatility.

The #Jaguars re-signed Lowery to a four-year deal. His agent had conversations with other teams during the open period.

https://twitter.com/#/taniaganguli/status/179751864642969600

Oh well, odds were good from the beginning he would re-up with the Jags. Luckily my #1 realistic DB is still on the market in Richard Marshall.

Four players on the Saints had more yards than Meachum last year, five players had more receptions (two of them RBs), and four had more receiving TDs. Yes, Brees spreads around the ball a lot, but Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Lance Moore all had more receptions than him.

sproles, what an year the dude had ! That was a steal for saints and lets see if he can repeat this year. Had Brees signed yet with saints yet, I didn't see that yet.

Any chance you guys think they try to trade for Santana Moss?

Per Twitter

Erik Ferentz said that the Browns could be a possible suitor for Brian Hoyer. That would be nice, a high 2nd round!

Per Twitter

Erik Ferentz said that the Browns could be a possible suitor for Brian Hoyer. That would be nice, a high 2nd round!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Worst case scenario for me. I love him as our backup, and couldn't stand him leading the $#*&)# #$*&#*(&)@ Browns.

Edit: Wait. Who the heck is Erik Ferentz? Google doens't even seem to know.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Worst case scenario for me. I love him as our backup, and couldn't stand him leading the $#*&)# #$*&#*(&)@ Browns.

:confused:

Second round pick for a former UDFA who'd be gone with no recompense after this season....

Last edited:

You would rather have Hoyer as a back up who will never see the field in 2012 unless the unthinkable happens over the 37th pick (the Browns' second round pick) in the 2012 draft? The Pats got the 34th pick in the draft for Cassel and the Pats threw Vrabel in for free.

Last edited:
Per Twitter

I`m not sure it would be for Cleveland`s second rounder, maybe their third and a conditional 2013.

Edit: Wait. Who the heck is Erik Ferentz? Google doens't even seem to know.

Im sorry I mean Erik Frenz

I hope not

Any chance you guys think they try to trade for Santana Moss?

Since the Skins signed Morgan and Garcon, and are apparently looking hard at Royal too, does anyone think that there'd be a chance at getting Gaffney back?

He knows the system, has a good football relationship/trust with Brady, and wouldn't command a lot of money.

I'm not suggesting that he'd be the ultimate WR signing, but I'm damn sure there could be a place in the WR core here for him too.

You would rather have Hoyer as a back up who will never see the field in 2012 unless the unthinkable happens over the 37th pick (the Browns' second round pick) in the 2012 draft? The Pats got the 34th pick in the draft for Cassel and the Pats threw Vrabel in for free.
Yes. You have no idea how much I hate the Browns.

I`m not sure it would be for Cleveland`s second rounder, maybe their third and a conditional 2013.

Hoyer got the second round tender. So if they sign him to an offer sheet, it is the second round pick.

Since the Skins signed Morgan and Garcon, and are apparently looking hard at Royal too, does anyone think that there'd be a chance at getting Gaffney back?

He knows the system, has a good football relationship/trust with Brady, and wouldn't command a lot of money.

I'm not suggesting that he'd be the ultimate WR signing, but I'm damn sure there could be a place in the WR core here for him too.

I think there's a decent chance...Royal hasn't signed with the Skins though. Still looking at other teams. They may want to keep Gaffney anyway.

Yes. You have no idea how much I hate the Browns.

If the Pats get the 37th pick from the Browns for Hoyer, you should reconsider on how you feel about them.

Hoyer got the second round tender. So if they sign him to an offer sheet, it is the second round pick.

Hoyer was signed as an undrafted free agent...NOW he can fetch a second round pick...yet there's fans that are going beserk with fear over this possible development...

OH NOES!!!! NOT MY BRIAN!?!?!?

chicken_little.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore