PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ross Ventrone Merry-Go-Round is Open AGAIN!!! . . . but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name someone with talent who is available who is available with practice squad eligibility.
Well I'm not the Director of Pro Scouting, I don't have a list with me. But I'm confident there's someone out there with more upside than Ross Ventrone. Players come from strange, unexpected places like Malcolm Butler as a training camp tryout and Dion Lewis as a futures contract. No harm in having a young player with some upside. Heck, I would have a QB on the PS in case Brady sustains a major injury and JG needs a backup. I don't think we have a QB on the PS right now.

Well I'm not the Director of Pro Scouting, I don't have a list with me. But I'm confident there's someone out there with more upside than Ross Ventrone. Players come from strange, unexpected places like Malcolm Butler as a training camp tryout and Dion Lewis as a futures contract. No harm in having a young player with some upside. Heck, I would have a QB on the PS in case Brady sustains a major injury and JG needs a backup. I don't think we have a QB on the PS right now.

Take another look at your username and ask yourself if it really makes sense to second-guess this kind of stuff.

Well this is eerie. I swear I was on here at about 4 am this morning and was looking something up and ended up on google. I wish I could remember what it was but anyway in the middle of image search a picture of Ross Ventrone appeared and I briefly wondered what he was up to and was trying to remember the last time he was with the Pats. I really didn't care that much and closed out the window.

Low and behold now hes back with the team.

Well that was easy.
Could you please get up at 4:00 tomorrow and image search "all pro CB" and "all pro OT"?
PM me your phone number and I'll call you then to get you up.

Well this is eerie. I swear I was on here at about 4 am this morning and was looking something up and ended up on google. I wish I could remember what it was but anyway in the middle of image search a picture of Ross Ventrone appeared and I briefly wondered what he was up to and was trying to remember the last time he was with the Pats. I really didn't care that much and closed out the window.

Low and behold now hes back with the team.
Are you bill Belichick?

Take another look at your username and ask yourself if it really makes sense to second-guess this kind of stuff.
Funny. You can be a fan of someone and still crinkle your nose at stuff. Wouldn't you prefer to have a QB learn the offense on the PS just in case ? Don't blame me, now, if Brady tears up his knee tomorrow.

I think we needed him for the team's Halloween party, to go as Cousin It.

CSbAjziUAAAznTV.jpg

Addams-Family-Cousin-Itt-addams-family-5684028-356-288.jpg

When you are saying more upside, you are talking about next to no shot making the 53 man roster.

Ventrone will likely be cut in a week or two and replaced with someone. The person who replaces him will likely be someone you have never heard of before and likely you will never hear of ever again. I bet you cannot name two other players on the practice squad other than Ventrone without looking them out. I bet a lot of the players who were on the Pats' practice squad last year are out of the league.

I can't get why anyone would even care what the practice squad looks like. Most practice squad players never see the 53 man roster, never mind the final 46 man game day roster.

Funny. You can be a fan of someone and still crinkle your nose at stuff. Wouldn't you prefer to have a QB learn the offense on the PS just in case ? Don't blame me, now, if Brady tears up his knee tomorrow.

Umm, isn't that what Garopolo is there for?

Umm, isn't that what Garopolo is there for?
Of course. So if Brady gets hurt and Garapolo is the starter against Washington wouldn't it be nice to have a QB who's been with the team on the PS as the new backup instead of picking someone up off the street as JG's backup ?

Of course. So if Brady gets hurt and Garapolo is the starter against Washington wouldn't it be nice to have a QB who's been with the team on the PS as the new backup instead of picking someone up off the street as JG's backup ?

They were saving a space for Mallett to come back. :p

This is his fifth or sixth year in the league. I wouldn't think he'd be eligible.

It's because the 847 Ventrone Transactions have happened in such rapid succession that he's only spent 71 days on the active Roster, 327 on the Taxi Squad, and 4 Years, 119 days on Trains, Plains, & Automobiles. :)

"The Ross Ventrone Merry-Go-Round is Open AGAIN!!! . . . but for how long?"

giphy.gif

"Go, Ross, go! Good boy!" ;)

So Ross is presumably one of the two exceptions allowed per team in the new, even more complicated PS rules? Even so, it must have taken custom software to calculate his eligibility.

What are you talking about?

This is the secondary solution we've all been praying for!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the origin of the joke, so I'm clueless about it, but may as well get what seems to be one of the classic Patsfans memes into the mix. I present to you the ultimate corner tandem:

Ventrone/Seward

Unfortunately that guy is probably Ryan Mallet.

In whatever Black Swan scenario where both TB and JG are down and the guy backing them up is in playing football, the Pats will probably be in a hot mess anyways.

Damn! The Occupy Gillette video has disappeared from the interweb ...

Ventrone is kind of a hippie, isn't he? Ramblin' along on and off rosters like a tumbling tumbleweed seems to fit his lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes