PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ross Ventrone Merry-Go-Round is Open AGAIN!!! . . . but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might find himself cut in a few more minutes.. seems we just claimed safety Dewey McDonald.

Something else for the safety collection. These signings today could be to address concerns on STs due to injuries (eg, Bolden). McDonald a waiver claim per Reiss so must clear roster spot. Another move coming...

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m1 minute ago

Clarification to the clarification: Dewey McDonald had been on Colts' active roster. So he is a waiver claim. Will be on Patriots' roster.

Fuse them together and make one cb

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I really hate wasting valuable practice squad slots like this.

Hopefully it is just a 1 day signing so he can retire as a Pat.
It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about practice squad. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice squad. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice squad, not a game day roster, not a game day roster, not a game day roster, we talking about practice squad. Not a game day roster. Not, not … Not the game day roster that I would go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game day roster, but we're talking about practice squad, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice squad. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice squad man. What are we talking about? Practice squad? We're talking about practice squad, man. We're talking about practice squad. We're talking about practice squad. We ain't talking about the game day roster. We're talking about practice squad, man. When you come to the stadium, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about practice squad right now. We talking about pr... [Interrupted].
  • Reporter: But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?
  • Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about practice squad man, we're not even talking about the game day roster... the actual game, when it matters... We're talking about practice squad

What kind of a name is Ross anyway?
The name Ross is believed to be of Gaelic origin and is commonly found as both first names and family names. Although typically used for males, with 3 soft consonants surrounding a soft vowel, linguists consider it better suited as a female name. As a four letter word, it is typically reserved for profane individuals of questionable hygiene. Considering the commonness of the name, it is considered one of the great statistical anomalies that no one with the first name Ross has ever made a significant contribution to society. The closest a Ross has come to a notable accomplishment is a couple of soccer careers, a failed parody of a presidential campaign and an American football player that was cut more than any player in professional sports history.

Disclaimer. The above post was a poor attempt at humor and should not be considered Rossism.

Last edited:
This must be Matt Slater + Brandon Bolden insurance. We're just a Nate Ebner away from losing all our key anchors on ST.

The name Ross is believed to be of Gaelic origin and is commonly found as both first names and family names. Although typically used for males, with 3 soft consonants surrounding a soft vowel, linguists consider it better suited as a female name. As a four letter word, it is typically reserved for profane individuals of questionable hygiene. Considering the commonness of the name, it is considered one of the great statistical anomalies that no one with the first name Ross has ever made a significant contribution to society. The closest a Ross has come to a notable accomplishment is a couple of soccer careers, a failed parody of a presidential campaign and an American football player that was cut more than any player in professional sports history.

Disclaimer. The above post was a poor attempt at humor and should not be considered Rossism.
Well done

This must be Matt Slater + Brandon Bolden insurance. We're just a Nate Ebner away from losing all our key anchors on ST.

Slater played on Sunday and was his usual right-near-the-ball self.

How many safties do they add next week? Maybe cut ross and sign him as a coach and then fire his brother and sign him to practice squad

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand