PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The real BCS Championship should have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Florida vs. USC. Florida's D-line against USC's O-line would have been a sight to behold. Also, it becomes clear how overrated Michigan's front 7 really was. Ohio State's O-line is not a prime time unit, yet they dominated Michigan's D, as did USC. Considering Woodley couldn't do much against either team, he looks like more of a late 2nd rd pure DE. Nowhere near as athletic as a Jarvis Moss or Ray McDonald or Derrick Harvey. Also, if the UCLA DEs declare, they deserve to be looked at. They destroyed ND and USC's O-lines. Siler or Everett look much more athletic than David Harris, who is a bit of a plodder. Also, Prescott Burgess is a 4th rdr. For his size he plays soft and may not be the brightest bulb in the drawer.

Last edited:
Imagine if the voters had got it wrong and Ohio State had played Michigan in a rematch for the National Championship. It turns out that would have been silly. I guess that "epic" Michigan vs. OSU game was the most overhyped game of the year. Each team got blown out in its bowl game.

Thankfully the voters saw through the rediculousness of a rematch. Honestly I thought back then that Ohio State and Michigan were probably the top two but there was a lot of Big Ten inbreeding that got them there with just a few good wins (Notre Damn, Texas in McCoy's first start) between them out of conference.

Anyway, good for the Gators :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore