PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the dawn begins on day 2, I have scoured the news for any Brady comments, he remains silent.

But I do notice just about every national news outlet has some reference to, "Brady ... cheating" and something to do with the Patriots.. even our village idiot Borges is piling on.

I think Brady needs to say something, not sure what, but he needs to provide some clarity as to his mindset about the findings.. I still believe, until I hear something from Brady contradictory, that he did not tell them to deflate the balls..

Wonder if guys like Rogers, who has admitted to overinflating, will come to his aid?? Probably not...

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. Sean Payton was suspended for a YEAR because he "should have known", and that quote is from Goodell. Google it if you don't believe me.

He could slap Brady with a year-long suspension with the same quote if he wants to.
We all know you're not here to sincerely offer "due respect" on anything, you nattering twit.

As the dawn begins on day 2, I have scoured the news for any Brady comments, he remains silent.

But I do notice just about every national news outlet has some reference to, "Brady ... cheating" and something to do with the Patriots.. even our village idiot Borges is piling on.

I think Brady needs to say something, not sure what, but he needs to provide some clarity as to his mindset about the findings.. I still believe, until I hear something from Brady contradictory, that he did not tell them to deflate the balls..

Wonder if guys like Rogers, who has admitted to overinflating, will come to his aid?? Probably not...
Yeah, they'll be tripping over one another to be first in line to help...

Bob Kraft is spokesman and owner of the franchise. He already has capitulated, which annoys the hell out of me. As much as I'd like to, I can't see Brady contradicting this.

After sleeping on this, while it doesn't look good for TB12, I agree with his position that.

A) Why should he turn over his private text messages to the league? These are private conversations he has with friends, business associates and his family.

B) The NFLPA and Donald Yee (I suspect as well) advised TB12 NOT to talk to investigators at any length. This needs to come out.

With that said, if I knew that I was being investigated and the investigation itself was already railroaded, why would I cooperate? I would lawyer up,clam up and defend myself.

@AdamSchefter: Some "more-probable-than-not", opening-night starters in Foxboro:
NE QB: Jimmy Garoppolo
NE RB: Jonas Gray
PITT RB: DeAngelo Williams.

Exactly. So Brewskies, I'm worried you have terrorist ties. Could I look at your cell phone? No? Uh oh, we might have a terrorist here!!!!

If I had a press conference and it didn't go well and even thee WH press secretary makes comments on how bad it was and I knew I had nothing to hide I would make my electronic documents available to the investigator. That's all I am saying. I like Brady and I don't think he is stupid but I don't think he has handle this well and his life after the SB. People are calling for a 4 game suspension for him, a loss of draft choices, fines for Belicheck and Kraft even though both were cleared because it happen under their watch. There are more fans that think the Pats are bad than there are that think the Pats are great. I hope there aren't any penalties to anyone and I hope this doesn't take Brady a second vote into HOF.

By the way if you think I am a terrorist and I am not I would give you my cell phone. But you could only look at certain subject data the same offer made to Brady.

He should smile and say nothing until he accepts the 2016 Lombardi trophy.

@AdamSchefter: Some "more-probable-than-not", opening-night starters in Foxboro:
NE QB: Jimmy Garoppolo
NE RB: Jonas Gray
PITT RB: DeAngelo Williams.
After sleeping on this and reading as much of the report that I can tolerate, I still struggle with a TB12 suspension justified based on the report's contents and conclusions.

The problem is that Goody and his gestapo have a different PoV, sadly.

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. Sean Payton was suspended for a YEAR because he "should have known", and that quote is from Goodell. Google it if you don't believe me.

He could slap Brady with a year-long suspension with the same quote if he wants to.
But, he won't.

The standard is very high for a Coach, as Goodell demonstrated by Payton's suspension and the fines assessed against Belichick and the organization plus the loss of a first round pick in Spygate.

But, in each of those cases there was no doubt as to the underlying offense: Belichick never denied filming from the sidelines after the League Memo and the evidence that Saints' coaches had condoned "bounties" was never disputed.

In this case, the finding is "more probable than not," not "definitely."

In addition, Brady is a player and protected by the CBA, which has clearly negotiated sanctions for violations of drug and off the field conduct policies, but which is reasonably vague when it comes to stuff like this. When you add to that that we are dealing with the evaluation that it is "more probable than not" (or whatever language he used) that Brady was aware of what happened in the one game in question, while I have no idea what the League will do, I think it will come down to a fine of some sort. I also think they'll initiate new game day protocols for all teams with regards to the handling of game balls.

Finally, and most importantly, you have to "Follow the money."

The League was fully aware of where this investigation was heading when it gave the Patriots the max number of featured time games, including v. Peyton and v. the Colts, not to mention the opening game of the season against the Steelers and Big Ben. It's all about the ratings and the money. He won't be suspended for one minute, let alone opening game or every game.

Last edited:
To me at least that's the salient point. The interviews are in the barn and Wells can't cite any evidenceof any kind circumstantial or otherwise that Brady even wanted the balls lower than 12.5. And that's all that matters. There plenty of discussion he wants them 12.5, but nothing that says he wants them below that.
Perhaps that is why he emphasized "within the rules"'in his presser. Have we got an answer yet as to why Rodgers hasn't been taken to the woodshed for over-inflated balls?

Perhaps that is why he emphasized "within the rules"'in his presser. Have we got an answer yet as to why Rodgers hasn't been taken to the woodshed for over-inflated balls?

Because the rule is about not messing with the balls after checkin. Rogers admitted to giving overinflated balls to the refs and hoping they don't notice, which isn't in violation of a rule.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/06/tom-bradys-thursday-night-speaking-engagement-still-on/

Why weren't the Patriots allowed to do an internal investigation like the Jets with tripgate? I sweat tripgate would have been just as bad as deflategate if it were the Patriots that did it.

I understand your point but Brady refusing to turn over electronic documents didn't help his case and could suggest a different story about McNally.
You're making a judgment on something that isn't there, nor should it be imo.

I was being sarcastic pointing out how everything that was questionable by the league was either brushed over completely or hidden in the report.

Hell, the way Wells writes about Walt Anderson, I have a feeling he has a crush on him. He talks about how Wells never met a man had more attention to details than Anderson when showing he had no doubt to his recollection of the PSI of every football and the later in the report states that Anderson couldn't remember if he signed one of the K balls.

The Wells report shows that everyone in the League office knew about the Grigson allegations, but didn't try to set up a sting.

It's all fixed. Brady will get a multi-game suspension for circumstantial (at best) evidence. The Jets lose no picks and get an innocuous fine for their owner publicly and clearly tampering at a press conference.

The suits on Madison Ave laugh their backsides off.

But not texts that Brady made to other people. It would be silly for the investigators to believe that the only texts Brady could have made that were potentially deflate-related were to those two guys. They wouldn't have been doing their jobs if they didn't try to get at least some DFG-related texts out of Brady.

Likewise, it was certainly reasonable for Brady to refuse to give them anything.

texts brady made to other people are none of the league's business.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes