PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick didn't know. The report says so, dingbat.

Yo rainman.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. See Sean Payton. Payton said he didn't know what Willaims was doing and still got 1 year from the NFL. The punishment phase is coming and BB is responsible for everything Patriots.

Wake up.

Two basic points:

Whether or not Brady wanted McNally to have the footballs at a certain level:

1) There is NOTHING in Wells' report that shows he wanted them tampered with AFTER the pregame referee check.

2) There is NOTHING in Wells' report that shows he wanted the balls below 12.5 PSi.

Nothing on either of those two points, and those are the only two points that would violate league rules.

Yo rainman.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. See Sean Payton. Payton said he didn't know what Willaims was doing and still got 1 year from the NFL. The punishment phase is coming and BB is responsible for everything Patriots.

Wake up.

if you can't see the difference between the 2 situations, there's no helping you

the report clearly exonerates the front office and coach.....this type of thing could easily happen without them knowing

this is how it is going to play out:
- bradys get suspended for 1-2 games
- the NFLPA blows that out of the water
- the NFL says 'oh well, we tried'
- the NFL will make the process for handling the balls more definitive

now, I know Brady is competitive as hell and loves to play. However, he is in a better position than anyone to suddenly decide 'I don't want to do this any more'. how much does the league stand to lose if that happens?

the only thing that matters is appearance.......so it will appear the front office will come down hard, but there will be little substance to it. there are simply too many holes in the story for anything else.

Im sorry but i read the text btw the 2 guys. They hate him.

If deflate the ball was a habitual behavior, why they say that the balls the past few weeks seemed bricks ? (16 PSI )

By the time they only measured 4 balls of the Colts , the credibility of the process is lost .

The moment that all measures are different between an arbitrator and another and why this difference is not explicit in the text , the process is flawed.

In no time the messages make it clear that Brady asked them to prepare the balls BELOW permitted value.

I would not give my phone either. An alloy that leaked information by the minute , I do not trust with my personal information. If it were a working phone I understand that he COULD choose to give it or not , but his personal phone is ridiculous.

Independent of any action I hope he takes any legal action regarding the league and that lawyer for any legal fact as possible. He is being hunted by other teams and this commissioner just beacuse his better than the others.

If he is suspended, the only games that I would use my best players would be against the Jets . I'd ask the fans not to attend. Empty stadiums against this measure. And try to get the first pick of next year .

I kneel all possessions in every game except the Jets . Imagine a Monday Night a team knelt down 45 times .

How was all of this good for the league? My god is Goodell dumb as ****. Most leagues try to cover these sorts of things up but he's doing the opposite making much ado about nothing.

The guy ( Triumph) above compared purposely hurt players of other teams with the possibility of a ball is 1 PSI below the NFL allows ?

if you can't see the difference between the 2 situations, there's no helping you

the report clearly exonerates the front office and coach.....this type of thing could easily happen without them knowing

this is how it is going to play out:
- bradys get suspended for 1-2 games
- the NFLPA blows that out of the water
- the NFL says 'oh well, we tried'
- the NFL will make the process for handling the balls more definitive

now, I know Brady is competitive as hell and loves to play. However, he is in a better position than anyone to suddenly decide 'I don't want to do this any more'. how much does the league stand to lose if that happens?

the only thing that matters is appearance.......so it will appear the front office will come down hard, but there will be little substance to it. there are simply too many holes in the story for anything else.

We will see who is right.

I don't believe for a second that BB will get off scott free.

The guy ( Triumph) above compared purposely hurt players of other teams with the possibility of a ball is 1 PSI below the NFL allows ?

Sadly, yes. And actions by direct underlings to rank and file employees.

I think the whole thing is scripted......brady will take some heat, but it does the league no good to suspend him

Integrity of the game.

that train left the station a long time ago

the fine is 25K.....the NFLPA will not allow anything else to happen to Brady, and the report takes the front office and coach out of the equation

If ignorance is no excuse he should know how AH act in his in his spare time , correct? He should be so diligent that should have detectives in all players.

What an HC have to do with the process of inflating balls?

This is the work of QB and his coaches with the equipment staff . BB after 15 years with the same QB should not look at it before the game. He must have other concerns.

Yo rainman.

Wake up.

Payton should have known as it was GOING ON WITH HIS COACHING STAFF AND HE IS THE HEAD COACH. You fool.

If "Ignorance isn't an excuse" than I guess head coaches should be suspended if ANYONE in the organization, no matter how small, is doing something wrong without their directive or knowledge. You really can't see a difference?

Now go back to sleep.

The evidence has been posted time after time. The text messages are evidence. McNally going to the bathroom is evidence. The report, with it's findings of fact, is evidence.

Again, you being willfully ignorant of what constitutes evidence, even after having a definition provided to you, is not the same as there being no evidence.
The text messages are evidence of nothing, two guys complaining the day after a game that TB didn't like the balls at 16 psi. I don't see anything here to remotely suggest that there were any violations or intent to violate any rule at all. Incredibly weak "evidence"

what don't you understand about the following sentence from the report?
In particular, we do not believe there was any
wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill
Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated.

this is not something that someone can say with a straight face "It was his job to know"

How was all of this good for the league? My god is Goodell dumb as ****. Most leagues try to cover these sorts of things up but he's doing the opposite making much ado about nothing.
Poor, ineffective leadership. As I've said before, he couldn't effectively manage a 7-11...

It's all fixed. Brady will get a multi-game suspension for circumstantial (at best) evidence. The Jets lose no picks and get an innocuous fine for their owner publicly and clearly tampering at a press conference.

The suits on Madison Ave laugh their backsides off.
This post makes my blood boil.

Imagine you arrive at your job for 15 years and ask your secretary to count the paper sheets and let them always 100 in the printer.

She has to do it every day, and repeat the process , but does after so long you'll keep checking if she did correctly.

This freak example, is only to say that I do not believe Tom spoke deliberately to them : put all the balls below the allowed number and I 'll buy you with autographs.

I imagine he meant for them to put a minimum pressure allowed. I also think that he ( Tom ) never imagined that the judges would be lazy enough to not measure the pressure of the balls.

The two employees not seem to like it . They seem much want to hurt his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes