PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The problems with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the Patriots: ... is those who are NOT Patriots. The team is fine. The PEOPLE are F*cked.

Seriously, though, teams lose. The problem is that the media has built up the Patriots as this "unbeatable" machine since 07. One loss and everyone is shocked and runs for cover. Brady is coming back from an injury, Mayo is out, we traded Seymour, and the whole defense is knew. It will take time for this team to run on all cylinders.

It was fun watching the "unbeatable" machine steam roll opponents, but it's back to the real world, back to "any given Sunday". Maybe later this season this team will become other-worldly again. All I care about is that we win the 1 game that matters... the next one.

The problem with the Patriots: ... is those who are NOT Patriots. The team is fine. The PEOPLE are F*cked.

Seriously, though, teams lose. The problem is that the media has built up the Patriots as this "unbeatable" machine since 07. One loss and everyone is shocked and runs for cover. Brady is coming back from an injury, Mayo is out, we traded Seymour, and the whole defense is knew. It will take time for this team to run on all cylinders.

It was fun watching the "unbeatable" machine steam roll opponents, but it's back to the real world, back to "any given Sunday". Maybe later this season this team will become other-worldly again. All I care about is that we win the 1 game that matters... the next one.

You drink too much BB and TB kool aid. Past was the past. I don't want to look at the past accomplishment whenever we fail to achieve our goal.

You clearly have a double standard for BB and TB while you don't hesitate to destroy any coach or player who FAIL to deliver.

Last edited:
I'll find my happiness when you stop being so friggin stupid. The SCHEMES might be the same, but the PLAYERS are different. Kerry Rhodes is NOT Ed Reed. David Harris isn't Ray Lewis. Bart Scott is NOT Terrell Suggs. You get the drift?

Yes. Your clearly in a state of bliss with your ignorance... So, please (Please be quiet - edited) and stop posting already.

You spin your way out of the problem because you continue giving lame excuses for our loss. Different players??????

If i remember correctly, Rex Ryan got 3 or 4 players from Raven. We faced them in 07 and the rest of Jets players every year.

How can a team such as Pats with BB and TB and other talented players NOT adapt to these 'changes'????

By the way, these 'different players' were the reason TB got 3 delay game penalties too??????

How about Buffalo?? They have the same scheme BUT different players. Why did we win???

You are full of balony.

DB, you're gonna be unhappy for a long time, if you wait on this guy :eek:

He kind of sounds like the highschool kid who scored the winning TD last weekend, and now he thinks he's an expert on football :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm not an expert.

Your 'expert' did NOT give you a perfect 07 season and a Jets game. You know what??? i don't hear you say anything about it.

I got it. If it's not MOSS's fault, it's NEPATRIOT's fault. TB + BB are untouchable and perfect and nobody has a right to criticize them because they know it better than the rest of us.

Do you know why???? Because you believe in "In BB we trust" BS for years. It's time to hold these people accountable for their failure instead of giving them a FREE PASS.

Am I the only one who doesn't drink BB kool aid????

The "Problem" with the Pats is as simple as this: For a couple of reasons Brady is not completing his usual number of passes, his knee and new recievers the chief reasons. Sunday there was at least 12-18 times where the pressure wasn't that great but he still missed wide open recievers.

IMO if he conected on his usuall 60+ % of passes we would have won both games handily, and we wouldn't be talking about "whats wrong with the Patriots.

Last edited:
You spin your way out of the problem because you continue giving lame excuses for our loss. Different players??????

I haven't spun anything. Nor have I given excuses. Yes, there are different players between the Jets and Baltimore. And, therefore, the defense isn't executed the same way.

If i remember correctly, Rex Ryan got 3 or 4 players from Raven. We faced them in 07 and the rest of Jets players every year.

You'd be remembering wrong. There are only 2 players from the Baltimore team on the Jets now. Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard. And Leonhard was only on Baltimore for a year. Prior to that, he was with Buffalo. As for the Jets players,

How can a team such as Pats with BB and TB and other talented players NOT adapt to these 'changes'????

Why is it that you insist on trying to blame EVERYTHING on Brady and BB? You seem to have a problem with understanding that there are 10 other players on the field with Brady and that they are human. That they make mistakes no matter how much repetition they do in practice. Also, why is it that you continue to insist that they didn't adapt? Maybe they did, but that their execution of the plays is what faltered. That doesn't mean they didn't adapt.

By the way, these 'different players' were the reason TB got 3 delay game penalties too??????

Its amazing how you are so ignorant. The last delay of game penalty was because the clock wasn't reset properly. I explained that to you already. The other two were because of the crowd noise and Brady trying to call out adjustments at the line. Those are facts. Not excuses. Again, it happens. Brady is human. He's not perfect.

How about Buffalo?? They have the same scheme BUT different players. Why did we win???

You are full of balony.

What do you mean that Buffalo has the same scheme? Buffalo's defense is nothing like the Jets defense. Buffalo runs a base 4-3.

Why did the Pats win against Buffalo? Because they were able to strip the ball from McKelvin on an ill-advised return out of the endzone and the Patriots were able to execute the plays without Brady getting a lot of pressure.

Listen, I've destroyed your clueless rants from the start of this thread. Every time you reply, you try to spin things and change what you are saying.. And every time you fail at comprehending that the players are humans and that sometimes they don't play perfectly, regardless of how much practice they have. You also fail to give the Jets defense and the Crowd noise any credit at disrupting the Patriots. Which both did. As a team, the Jets just performed better for that particular game. Its why there is the saying "On any given sunday, any team can beat any other team. Its why they play the games."

When you started this thread, only 1 of your 4 statements had any merit. And that the defense was a work in progress. Of the other 3, 2 were baseless claims and the other was an total incoherent menagerie on your part that I correct for you, but you had a hissy over.

Now, you can continue to try and be a spin doctor by responding with more garbage, but all that won't accomplish anything but you getting destroyed again and entertaining everyone. Or you can go learn about the game and some of the factors that affect it (like crowd noise, injuries, etc). I am pretty sure most would want you to do the latter so you can make some educated posts, though some might want the former because they need the laugh.

You drink too much BB and TB kool aid. Past was the past. I don't want to look at the past accomplishment whenever we fail to achieve our goal.

You clearly have a double standard for BB and TB while you don't hesitate to destroy any coach or player who FAIL to deliver.

What? When did I give BB or TB a pass for losing that game? Brady is clearly still having trouble and Belichick didn't make the necessary offensive adjustments and it cost us the game. HOWEVER, I also realize that even great teams lose games. It's early in the season and there is really no reason to think that Brady won't be able to overcome what ever it is that is holding him back. The defense looks fine, this team WILL start to click.

If it doesn't, well, that's life. I'm not worrying about worst-case scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft