PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Practice Squad And Further Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat unnerving that they are combing the waiver wire for CBs this late in the year but seems like from a pure man-cover standpoint, Hill might be better than what they currently have after Malcolm and Ryan.
I disagree.. It's not unnerving at all. It shows a level of diligence that has helped to produce 6 trips to the SB in the last 15 years..

This is definitely a chicken salad cornerback rotation. Four undrafted players!

Troy Hill was credited with 18 pass break-ups in 2014 - the most of all players in the 2015 draft. He was undrafted because he is small, slight, and lacks speed.

Good to build depth at corner.

Hill doesn't lack speed. He ran a 4.46 at the combine. Not to mention that his game speed is just as good. That was pointed out in numerous different scouting sites..

He was undrafted because of the off-field issues that occurred between his sophomore and junior years and the suspension from the Bowl game.

Hill doesn't lack speed. He ran a 4.46 at the combine. Not to mention that his game speed is just as good. That was pointed out in numerous different scouting sites..

He was undrafted because of the off-field issues that occurred between his sophomore and junior years and the suspension from the Bowl game.
Also ran a 4.36 at a proday.

I disagree.. It's not unnerving at all. It shows a level of diligence that has helped to produce 6 trips to the SB in the last 15 years..

Its unnerving that its a day after Xmas and they do not have a backup CB for outside the hashes that can play in man coverage. If Malcolm or Ryan goes down you have player X or DMC. Thats not optimal.

Also ran a 4.36 at a proday.

We should appreciate people that rely on PFF and how 40times are the end all of a football player because it's their fascination with those stats that allow us to get our starters and players that allow us to be a good team. When you look at a team like ours with so many undrafted players and late round picks it underscores how the draft can be a little overrated.

We should appreciate people that rely on PFF and how 40times are the end all of a football player because it's their fascination with those stats that allow us to get our starters and players that allow us to be a good team. When you look at a team like ours with so many undrafted players and late round picks it underscores how the draft can be a little overrated.
I agree. 40- times are a qualifier and a discriminator but not the end-all b-all to determining if a kid can play. When playing a WR who runs a 4.4, at a minimum he needs to have the prerequisite speed to keep up with him. Thats it.

I ascertained that time from this web site. Its the same site that listed Malcolm Butler w/ a 4.52.
Troy Hill | Oregon, CB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

My point in listing it was that Hill has speed and MIGHT have more than enough speed to play on the outside. The 32 in vertical is a slight concern but oh well.

I agree. 40- times are a qualifier and a discriminator but not the end-all b-all to determining if a kid can play. When playing a WR who runs a 4.4, at a minimum he needs to have the prerequisite speed to keep up with him. Thats it.

I ascertained that time from this web site. Its the same site that listed Malcolm Butler w/ a 4.52.
Troy Hill | Oregon, CB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

My point in listing it was that Hill has speed and MIGHT have more than enough speed to play on the outside. The 32 in vertical is a slight concern but oh well.
Where does it say he ran a 4.36 at a proday?

Nowhere.
He ran 4.5+ at the combine and 4.4+ at Oregon's pro day.
What he does have in his favor is that he was one of the best CBs not drafted this year, and even better than a couple or so who were drafted, according to NFL.com's draft tracker.

Not combine. At Oregon proday. Open the link. That is my understanding where he he ran it, Could be wind-aided.

Actually he a 4.55 at the combine, and a 4.52 at his proday.

Not combine. At Oregon proday. Open the link. That is my understanding where he he ran it, Could be wind-aided.

Sorry, hate top break it to you, but NFLDraft scout list possible projected 40 times. Thats the 3 options you see at the top.

Also, Wind isn't usually the the cause of variance between Combine and pro day results, its usually the timing mechanism. The combine is fully digital, and most pro days are hand timed.

Hope Harper gets a chance to make some plays tomorrow ....

WTF? Didn't he just earn a 'practice player of the week' jersey?

Likely a matter of being familiar with the offense. Harper is more experienced and is more of a lateral player which helps against the Jets. Hankerson is vertical which plays right into their hands.

Gonna need a few of them, ahem, *cough* pick plays....

Sorry, hate top break it to you, but NFLDraft scout list possible projected 40 times. Thats the 3 options you see at the top.

Also, Wind isn't usually the the cause of variance between Combine and pro day results, its usually the timing mechanism. The combine is fully digital, and most pro days are hand timed.
Ok. I have a different understanding but doesn't mean I'm right.

Yeah, but N.E. didn't find a way for Chung to work the first time around, and he's not really playing any sort of true safety anymore, in his second time as a Patriot. Chung's basically a light LB in the current scheme. Chung failed as a true S in both N.E. and Philly.

Most of the time he plays Money.

Does he play special teams?

Ideal, except for the minor matter of a domestic dispute charge. But they must have fully vetted to get past Kraft.

His domestic violence despite he got into, was a verbal argument with his girlfriend and he punched a hole in HIS wall. Honestly, I don't understand how one even gets charged for something like that. Her wall maybe. A million times better then punching her, I don't think that is something that should derail a career. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe