PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Practice Squad And Further Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro-day 3-cone would have been good for 7th among corners in the 2015 combine.

Sometimes it feels like that's the only number the Pats look at. :)

Here's PFF draft report:

The first name you’re unlikely to find in any other list of Top 5 corner prospects for the 2015 draft, for most people Hill isn’t even the best prospect from his own college, being overshadowed by teammate Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. Troy Hill graded extremely well (far better than Ifo) during the CFF season and when you throw on the tape you see a guy making plays all over the field.

He is capable of playing in off or press coverage, man or zone and though he may be just 5-foot-10 and 182 pounds, you don’t see that show up anywhere as a problem. He made plays against bigger receivers even if he couldn’t challenge for the ball with them, showing the ability to switch his attention quickly to the receiver’s hands and prevent the catch. Hill breaks on the pass as quickly as anybody in this draft and though he does have his off the field concerns, he looks like a legitimate stud in coverage.

Signature Stat: Allowed a completion percentage of 45.3% on passes thrown into his coverage, more than 10% better than his teammate, Ifo.​

CFF Overview: CB - Top of the Crop

Last edited:
Patience of BB acquiring people for a position that was decimated is extraordinary. CB position is fine now and could be strong next year with a bunch of low round, no round picks at a position the usually requires high rounders more than any other, possibly excluding DTs.

Does anyone else shuffle the bottom of their roster like the Pats do?

Pro-day 3-cone would have been good for 7th among corners in the 2015 combine.

Sometimes it feels like that's the only number the Pats look at. :)

Here's PFF draft report:

The first name you’re unlikely to find in any other list of Top 5 corner prospects for the 2015 draft, for most people Hill isn’t even the best prospect from his own college, being overshadowed by teammate Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. Troy Hill graded extremely well (far better than Ifo) during the CFF season and when you throw on the tape you see a guy making plays all over the field.

He is capable of playing in off or press coverage, man or zone and though he may be just 5-foot-10 and 182 pounds, you don’t see that show up anywhere as a problem. He made plays against bigger receivers even if he couldn’t challenge for the ball with them, showing the ability to switch his attention quickly to the receiver’s hands and prevent the catch. Hill breaks on the pass as quickly as anybody in this draft and though he does have his off the field concerns, he looks like a legitimate stud in coverage.

Signature Stat: Allowed a completion percentage of 45.3% on passes thrown into his coverage, more than 10% better than his teammate, Ifo.​

CFF Overview: CB - Top of the Crop

Thats intresting. I really wanted Ifo once we got past the 5th round this year. I thought he would be a good safety convert. Poor man's Honey Badger. Hopefully Hill works out.

Thats intresting. I really wanted Ifo once we got past the 5th round this year. I thought he would be a good safety convert. Poor man's Honey Badger. Hopefully Hill works out.

Still feel bad for Ifo. He wanted to leave early, but his parents where against it.

Still feel bad for Ifo. He wanted to leave early, but his parents where against it.

Supposedly he's getting his masters online. They had an insurance policy in which I believe he received. It shouldn't hurt him in the long run. The browns actually have a pretty good history at developing slot corners. He should be fine in the long run.

Man, after watching a bunch of tape, and reading up on Hill, I'm really excited about this signing. Much more then Coleman & Johnson thats for sure. I think Cinci tried to seek this transaction through on Christmas and Bill and Caserio swooped in.

Somewhat unnerving that they are combing the waiver wire for CBs this late in the year but seems like from a pure man-cover standpoint, Hill might be better than what they currently have after Malcolm and Ryan.

Somewhat unnerving that they are combing the waiver wire for CBs this late in the year but seems like from a pure man-cover standpoint, Hill might be better than what they currently have after Malcolm and Ryan.

I don't think this has anything more to do with then Bill always staying active and looking for talent and players, and ways to improve the team.

Patience of BB acquiring people for a position that was decimated is extraordinary. CB position is fine now and could be strong next year with a bunch of low round, no round picks at a position the usually requires high rounders more than any other, possibly excluding DTs.

The only "mistake" you can say he made was not locking up delvin breaux when he came for a visit last spring.

Given how they have done everywhere else, they have earned about ten mulligans.

The only "mistake" you can say he made was not locking up delvin breaux when he came for a visit last spring.

Given how they have done everywhere else, they have earned about ten mulligans.
Yes but I don't think Breaux wanted to come here. He was born on the bayou.

Humble
Team Player
"Sometime's you gotta bend, but not break"

Seem's fairly well spoken & intelligent. (opposite of Josh Norman)

Seems like an idea Patriot.
Again, I really like the signing.

Yeah, he's from NO. Sure he preferred signing with the saints.
There were a dozen teams interested in signing him. They all needed to be in the same financial ballpark. They didn't lose him over money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back