PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Players Tribune: Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote from the article says a about TB:

This is a guy who, when the schedule came during the off-season, would identify the defensive coordinator for each of our opponents and start looking back at film from everywhere that coordinator had coached in the previous five years — just to study tendencies and get a step ahead before the season started. That’s how dedicated he is to his craft.

Knowing this a Pat fan is always in advantage . any Sunday (not needed to be given) . any Pat day.

Also because every opponent is knowing this . carrying this in his head . a seed of frustration . like the clip of Rice or the clip of Dolphins D coach demonstrated last week . or Jonathan Joseph just before the game says:

He knows every defense that’s known to mankind that you’re going to show him, so you have to do a good job of mismatching your coverages, disguising your coverages, things like that,” Joseph said this morning on PFT Live. “He’s the best to play the game, super competitor, an ultra-competitive guy.”

TB is the closest thing to having BB on the field. I believe thats the key to their incredible success.

-

Hit winner before I even clicked the link.

UPDATE: Was winner worthy, thought the title was cringe worthy until Faulk dispelled the myth of there beings some sort of moral code in Patriot Place.

Last edited:
Man, I love being spoiled, spoil me some more please.:D:D

Curran's short piece, highlighting BB's disdain for "swagger" talk.

Kevin Faulk weighs in on the slippery concept of the ‘Patriot Way’

In 2002, with the Patriots on their way to a 9-7 record after winning their first Super Bowl, Belichick addressed the team at one point and said, “I’ve read a couple of comments. Now I don’t spend a lot of time reading the paper, I really don’t. But I do watch a little about what we say and what we think. I’ve seen a couple comments here, some of the players talking about we need to get our ‘swagger’ back. Our attitude back. You know what. We didn’t have a ‘swagger’ last year. If you ****ing think about it, we didn’t have a swagger. What we had was a sense of urgency, a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart and capitalizing on every opportunity and situation that came our way … it wasn’t about a f---ing swagger. You can take that swagger and shove it up your ass, okay?” (from Holley's Patriots Reign)

oh man........incredible article

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference