PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PatsFans.com Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking of posting my comments somewhere else, but this will do. We are in a state of war here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and more often than not, we differ upon it. We argue till we are blue in the face over the future of the Pats and the personnel on it till we end up ignoring others posts or calling them out as a troll or and idiot. Sure, I am upset over what happened yesterday and I know we can play better. But as a fan of this team, I can only except what has happened and move onto the next game. This season IMO has been in transition and from what the games so far have showed us is true. We can better and as others have mentioned, a few mistakes here and there is keeping us out of a 10 - 2 record. But we aren't, so I will live with what we are.

There's nothing wrong with arguing, that's what message boards are for. But some people can't argue without being condescending you know what's. There's no need for that when you have a football related opinion that differs from somebody.

I agree wih your assessment of this season. Lots of growing pains, it has to happen sometime.

I'm sort of in the middle. I know my history better than to ever write any team off, let alone one led by Tom Brady and yeah, I think the 'season is over' remarks are a bit premature.

But I guess my faith in the coaching staff is dwindling. I've never seen a Patriots team post 2000 so poor at situational play and just plain confused. When have we ever had to constantly burn timeouts before the 2 minute mark? When has this team ever done anything like getting 2 consecutive delay of game calls? It has nothing to do with the talent or what I've seen on the scoreboard, just watching this team doesn't give you the confidence you used to get in the past. You would expect better from a BB coached team. Not saying it is all coaching, alot of it is the players too yes. But it all starts at the top.
With regard to the coaching staff, you only get what you pay for.
Bill Belichick has chosen not to give any authority to coordinators
who are well known and respected in the profession. He was lucky
to have Weis and Crennel coach for him at below average salaries.

Either you don't understand what you typed, or you now realise that it was embarrassing and are trying to get away from it. I'll quote it again for posterity:

It's black and white - if you want to be heard, pay money. Again, rubbish.

As for my original post, it's an opinion (and as you've said, as like a certain sphincter everyone has an opinion) that several seem to agree with, including two people that have sent me PM's offering their agreement.

It's a public forum, subscription isn't a pre-requisite, and until it is, I'll continue to criticise those who see fit to drag this place down by whatever means. Especially seeing as I personally try to contribute positively to each and every thread I post in. It's a discussion forum, not a moan, whinge and ***** forum.

And your $18 gives you no right to tell others their opinion is worthless.

Son.

"Whinge" seems another example of the Queen's English with which I'm unfamiliar. I simply called you on your high-handed rant about civility. You plead for order from an assumed lofty perch, then end it with:

I do not like the direction the forum is going in, I've seen it elsewhere in other sports with other teams. What are you all, Eagles fans? Jets fans?

Most folks here would consider that quite insulting. Regardless, if you're so concerned about the direction of this forum, why not invest in it? Sorry if this inescapable logic got your knickers in a pinch. Son.

Last edited:
I think we are all just frustrated with what we have been used to seeing from this team.. I was pretty positive even after the NO game, but the colts loss did something to this team , it has shaken its confidence.. Some things we used to count on

Second half adj

Making the play when needed..

No mental errors..

All are happening, and that is what is alarming..

We are still in first, but the rest of the schedule is not all gimme games.. We still had hope with the bye but that went away today..

This had nothing to do with the Colts loss, this has been an ongoing problem for a while now, you might say the Colts loss was due to this same ongoing problem, and that's the most frustrating thing.

It's not gonna happen this year. This season reminds me too much of the 2002 NFL season where the only difference is the 2009 Patriots defense can't stop the pass as opposed to the 2002 Patriots defense could not stop the run. The New England Patriots do not have the horses on defense to compete for the Super Bowl.

OK, stop with the personal attack and insults.

If you can't post without that, then don't post. If you don't really like a posters body of work, put them on ignore.

This is a warning. People will get banned from threads and infraction given if it keeps up.

I'm following my own advise. I can't put people on ignore but I have refrained from posting comments on many threads or I would have to kick myself off and give myself infractions.:cool:

Last edited:
I appreciate all the positive feedback from those who liked the poem. Also MassPats38 hit the nail on the head with the "Goat Rope". Perhaps it's regional saying, or maybe you just hadn't heard it. As for what lost the war for the Confederacy, it probably had more to do with lack of supplies, troops, and unification between the states than poor communication. Defeat was basically inevitable. Besides, this post is not about the American Civil War. I never mentioned the Confederacy or the Union. :confused: I was simply pointing out the defined rift that has formed between opposing views in a comical, easy to read format.

Cute and quirky thread (minus the penis-grabbing, juvenile "who's opinion should be heard" minor thread drift). :rolleyes:

I have to say the thread touched off something something I felt yesterday. I actually logged on to the "game-day" thread and it was appalling. Just awful. Almost as awful as the game itself. With the game though, you can put it in perspective though. It was a divisional game, played in a place that is traditionally Brady's "house of horrors" played on a short week. Not exactly a cupcake week. I was worried about this one from about week 2 on.

Sure, I didn't like the way we lost and we surely have some REAL issues, but just reading the thread (I did not participate, as I sometimes do) while watching the game was just adding insult to injury. There were 3-4 posters who were so bad that I considered "reporting" their posts to the admin team. If a few losses, or the prospect of a sub-par year makes you want to "trade Brady" or "fire Belichick", two guys that have brought you to the promised land 3 fugging times, then perhaps you ought to spend your Sundays gardening or something.

It is what it is......

We've been dominant for the better part of 8 years, in a league that does not reward that. The cards are very much stacked against us. We are turning over. The defense is very green, leaderless, and SOFT. We have issues on the offensive line. We've been raped multiple years at the coordinator and asst' coach level. Anytime we get someone of talent, they get promoted out within a year or two, leaving us with sub-par, or still learning talent at this level.

We're gonna struggle here for a bit. It sucks, but there certainly is some talent that will be here for awhile and it will get sorted out. But bottom line, it's not easy to do it year after year with this stacked against you like that. I think this year one or two "mistakes", coupled with the above factors is really making us pay a heavy toll.

Bottom line, I'll take a year or two of one-and-done playoff years in a decade while we rebuild over the sh!t I sat through in the late 80's and 90's. Just maybe it will clear out some of these fair-weather bandwagon folks out as they move on to NO or wherever next. I'm growing tired of them.

Last edited:
Cute and quirky thread (minus the penis-grabbing, juvenile "who's opinion should be heard" minor thread drift). :rolleyes:

I have to say the thread touched off something something I felt yesterday. I actually logged on to the "game-day" thread and it was appalling. Just awful. Almost as awful as the game itself. With the game though, you can put it in perspective though. It was a divisional game, played in a place that is traditionally Brady's "house of horrors" played on a short week. Not exactly a cupcake week. I was worried about this one from about week 2 on.

Sure, I didn't like the way we lost and we surely have some REAL issues, but just reading the thread (I did not participate, as I sometimes do) while watching the game was just adding insult to injury. There were 3-4 posters who were so bad that I considered "reporting" their posts to the admin team. If a few losses, or the prospect of a sub-par year makes you want to "trade Brady" or "fire Belichick", two guys that have brought you to the promised land 3 fugging times, then perhaps you ought to spend your Sundays gardening or something.

It is what it is......

We've been dominant for the better part of 8 years, in a league that does not reward that. The cards are very much stacked against us. We are turning over. The defense is very green, leaderless, and SOFT. We have issues on the offensive line. We've been raped multiple years at the coordinator and asst' coach level. Anytime we get someone of talent, they get promoted out within a year or two, leaving us with sub-par, or still learning talent at this level.

We're gonna struggle here for a bit. It sucks, but there certainly is some talent that will be here for awhile and it will get sorted out. But bottom line, it's not easy to do it year after year with this stacked against you like that. I think this year one or two "mistakes", coupled with the above factors is really making us pay a heavy toll.

Bottom line, I'll take a year or two of one-and-done playoff years in a decade while we rebuild over the sh!t I sat through in the late 80's and 90's. Just maybe it will clear out some of these fair-weather bandwagon folks out as they move on to NO or wherever next. I'm growing tired of them.

Very well put, and touching on a subject I had yet to see mentioned. The league purposely tries to initiate parity. The Patriots dynasty was stunning to see in a time where all of the NFL's rules tried to prevent just that. Does this team have issues? Of course. Do we need to resort to such drastic measures as trading Brady? No. Brady is still playing injured, and with the exception of his last throw, had a very good game against the Dolphins. Should we have won that game? Probably so, we have much more talent. Then why didn't we? For exactly the reasons you mentioned. Great post.

It's writing like this that probably lost the Civil War for the Confederacy. Nobody could understand written orders sent by messenger from headquarters to the front lines. What the hell is "a worthless goat-rope"?

I'm thinking of changing my postername to that!!!!!!

In the meantime, Tennessee, I love the creative effort, but it would be great had it a more fluid meter. Rhythm, baby, rhythm. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft