PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The PATS 21st pick, Laurence marauney

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Agree or disagree with this pick guys?

Surprised, I would have thought defense. Could this be a potential pick for someone else?

we took Laurence FRICKIN Maroney with Manny Lawson, Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Santonio Holmes, and Winston Justice on the board..... pissed does not come close to describing me right now....our needs are in this order

WR
OLB
DB

and we passed on one of the best in this draft in each category for Laurence Maroney....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Was this a "defensive" move??

Please...I hope BB and SP didn't grab Maroney just to prevent the Dolts from taking him??? Sure looks that way?

mavfan2390 said:
we took Laurence FRICKIN Maroney with Manny Lawson, Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Santonio Holmes, and Winston Justice on the board..... pissed does not come close to describing me right now....our needs are in this order

WR
OLB
DB

and we passed on one of the best in this draft in each category for Laurence Maroney....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Wr on the boards most of them are juniors, and as for the defensive side of the ball, most of the good picks were taken by the other teams.

you guys think that kevin faulk fumble against Denver in the playoffs made the pats think about getting someone to replace faulk?

give me a break Mavfan...we passed up what we thought were some great players last year for Logan Frickin Mankins and that turned out ok IMO. Maroney had 1500 yrds rushing last year, was 2 time All big 10 and Corey Dillon doesnt have many years left. Should we have waited until the mid rounds to grab another Cedric Cobbs?

If you thought that the Pats were going to take a wide reciever in the first round then you are insane. A lot of their defensive guys went that they wanted in the first round, such as Chad Greenway, Bobby Carpenter(the linebackers), and also quite a lot of DB's left right before the Pats including Tye Hill who would have been an excellent choice to battle with one of our current starters.

Mauroney was a very good pick. Even the draft analysts had nothing bad to say about the decision, yes DeAngelo Williams is considered the second best RB avalible in the draft followed by Mauroney. The Pats like big RB's and if BB took Mauroney, then I am happy, in BB I trust :). He had the balls to take Graham, Watson and Mankins as first rounders. They have all become pretty good players and starters. I have high hopes for him and this will be interesting, for Dillon to have a lightened load, with Mauroney, Faulk and Pass back their to take some carries. Hopefully they dont run into too many injuries like last year.

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:

WR
OLB
DB

How do you feel now after BB's move for Jackson

for the record I wanted Lawson over any RB but see nothing wrong with Maroney

Yeah I was really pissed about passing on Lawson, but I Maroney could be exciting, and I was really happy about the Chad Jackson trade, way to show some initiative BB/SP!

mavfan2390 said:

WR
OLB
DB

feel free to hop off the bandwagon at any point should your frontrunner angst consume you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3