PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Must Get Back To Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I just watched the game again and it's clear to Me that We had a formula to win Super Bowls and The Giants followed it to a tee.Our best Teams had a solid and punishing running back witha stout defense and a solid place kicker.We weren't flashy, but We won the Big Game.Opening up the Offense has worked in the regular season but the Playoffs are a different animal.We must get back to basics if We want to win the ultimate prize.I know this won't be popular but it's the way that I feel.

I just watched the game again and it's clear to Me that We had a formula to win Super Bowls and The Giants followed it to a tee.Our best Teams had a solid and punishing running back witha stout defense and a solid place kicker.We weren't flashy, but We won the Big Game.Opening up the Offense has worked in the regular season but the Playoffs are a different animal.We must get back to basics if We want to win the ultimate prize.I know this won't be popular but it's the way that I feel.

For God's sake, how many times does this need to be said? The Patriots' decisions to go for it have less to do with Gostkowski and more to do with Belichick's/McDaniels' confidence in the Pats' ability to convert first downs.

One more thing--the Pats have a "solid, punishing" running back--Sammy Morris. And they have Maroney, who isn't exactly chopped liver.

Last edited:

Our winning Super Bowl teams never had an offensive line perform as badly

as ours did on Sunday night. I don't believe vintage Corey Dillon could have

done much better than Maroney the way the line was performing. I do

think Vinatieri would have been brought in to attempt the field goal. One

thing I wondered about is how much the loss of Daniel Graham affected

the line play. Graham is one of the best blockers in the business. Kyle

Brady was being pushed aside by the Giants rush.

We won 18 games and in the last game, as badly as we played, we still almost pulled it off with seconds left on the clock.

This team is going to be fine.

We won 18 games and in the last game, as badly as we played, we still almost pulled it off with seconds left on the clock.

Exactly. There is obviously things we need to improve, but I don't think it has much to do with any formula. If anything the formula changes every year...

Just a few tweaks on defense and we will be fine.

The offensive line play had to be a freak occurrence. We had very few

sacks this year. If the Pats can get an inside linebacker and a couple

of Good cornerbacks, they'll be in the race again next year. We still

have Bill Belichick (I hope) and Tom Brady.

The offensive line play had to be a freak occurrence. We had very few

sacks this year. If the Pats can get an inside linebacker and a couple

of Good cornerbacks, they'll be in the race again next year. We still

have Bill Belichick (I hope) and Tom Brady.

Hell, I think if Rosie was still playing the outcome would be much different.

The play-calling was terrible, it looked too similar to the last Giants game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back