PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official - Your Thread Will Get Merged Here If you Don't Move on from Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for this thread finally! :agree:

While I understand the desire to move on....does this prohibition limited to Moss or are the following topics also forbidden?

"We need a pass rusher, we should have never traded Seymour"

"The Ghost is an okay kicker, but he is no Adam V."

"Maroney vs. Woodhead? who is the better runningback?"

The reality not just week 8 but next year and the following year, Tate & Branch are going to be compared to Moss. There was a thread on Bledsoe just the other day, and he has been off the team for 10 years.

This thread is a fine idea.

However, we should not make believe that we don't have a problem at wide receiver.

While I understand the desire to move on....does this prohibition limited to Moss or are the following topics also forbidden?

"We need a pass rusher, we should have never traded Seymour"

"The Ghost is an okay kicker, but he is no Adam V."

"Maroney vs. Woodhead? who is the better runningback?"

The reality not just week 8 but next year and the following year, Tate & Branch are going to be compared to Moss. There was a thread on Bledsoe just the other day, and he has been off the team for 10 years.

The problem is that new threads are constantly being created to basically say the same thing. It's annoying.

:sigh: With the amount of ridiculous threads that get thrown around here, I can't believe THIS is what is being cracked down on.

The fact of the matter is, we traded our ONLY deep threat and the negative impact of that is being shown on the field.

This thread is a fine idea.

However, we should not make believe that we don't have a problem at wide receiver.

I agree, and I understand that there's obviously a concern at that position. But my point is, he's not coming back - and there are a lot of people who can't seem to get past that fact.

Last edited:
Frankly, i think you're being ridiculous ian. Moss played four games for this team. The patriots got rid of him, he didn't go on IR. That decision will have an impact on the rest of the season and we should be able discuss it on this board. Why can't i bring up moss name? as long as am not insulting anybody why can't my opinions stand..

Last edited:
I agree, and I understand that there's obviously a concern at that position. But my point is, he's not coming back - and there are a lot of people who can't seem to get past that fact.

So we can't talk about past Patriots players at all? Acknowledging the lack of a deep threat, and our only deep threat was traded after week 4, is far different from not getting past the fact that Moss is gone.

Frankly, i think you're being ridiculous ian. Moss played four games for this team. The patriots got rid of him, he didn't go on IR. That decision will have an impact on the rest of the season and we should be able discuss it on this board. Why can't i bring up moss name? as long as am not insulting why can't my opinions stand..

You seem to be missing the negativity that has been involved with the Moss talk about the Patriots offense and organiztion now, and it has all been said in probably 50 different Moss threads over the past couple weeks.

Frankly, i think you're being ridiculous ian. Moss played four games for this team. The patriots got rid of him, he didn't go on IR. That decision will have an impact on the rest of the season and we should be able discuss it on this board. Why can't i bring up moss name? as long as am not insulting why can't my opinions stand..

I respect your opinion, but complaining about Moss all season isn't going to fix anything. It's counterproductive when we're trying to have discussions on a daily basis on a variety of topics - yet they all lead back to the same thing. The point is to have different topics of discussion that are at least insightful and interesting. But spending the entire year with, "Why'd the get rid of Moss? They don't have a deep threat now that he's gone and that's the reason why the team is struggling..." is just going to get old.

As I said, he's gone - it's time to get over it. They lost yesterday's game because of turnovers and stupid mistakes. It cost them 14 points, which was a huge swing when you're playing a team in their home stadium. That's the type of thing we should be talking about - not the fact that they don't have the personnel to overcome a deficit they created themselves.

Last edited:
Frankly, i think you're being ridiculous ian. Moss played four games for this team. The patriots got rid of him, he didn't go on IR. That decision will have an impact on the rest of the season and we should be able discuss it on this board. Why can't i bring up moss name? as long as am not insulting anybody why can't my opinions stand..

So we can't talk about past Patriots players at all? Acknowledging the lack of a deep threat, and our only deep threat was traded after week 4, is far different from not getting past the fact that Moss is gone.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that in this case I don't want to talk about the same thing every day for the rest of the season.

I understand folks wanting to follow Moss (and other ex-patriots). This is a thread where everyone can discuss Moss, all in one place. Perhaps we need another such thread to discuss other ex-patriots.

Many folks want to discuss Seymour, Samuel, Thomas and the rest.

I understand folks wanting to follow Moss (and other ex-patriots). This is a thread where everyone can discuss Moss, all in one place. Perhaps we need another such thread to discuss other ex-patriots.

I don't have an issue with this. I'm just saying we don't need 2-5 new threads in some variation of this topic each day - that's what prompted this.

Last edited:
I agree 100%.

I don't have an issue with this. I'm just saying we don't need 2-5 new threads in some variation of this topic each day - that's what prompted this.

I think the only reason we see Moss threads -created- is because there were so many that argued the offense would be BETTER after Moss was traded. But this is a messageboard, you can't have 1 thread per topic and expect it to last. There will be redundancy just by the very nature of how forums work. If there needs to be a more strict policy on thread creation, so be it but I don't think there needs to be a "You shall not create Moss threads" decree. I mean in reality there was 1 or 2 threads about missing Moss after the Browns game, it's not like the front page was infested with Moss threads like it was on the days of the 2 team switches.

Anyway, Moss isn't important but our lack of a deep threat is getting worrisome.

"Let the name of Moss be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of New England. Let the name of Moss be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of New England football for all time."

Best Regards, the wide receiver pharaoh Brandon Tate.

"Let the name of Moss be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of New England. Let the name of Moss be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of New England football for all time."

:rofl: That's good! Real good! lol

Very nice :cool:

I was thinkig last night that we should have a filter for the rest of the season so when Moss is typed you get **** and when Randy Moss is typed you get ***** **** .:D

Now I understand that the offense is not the same without **** but there is no sense :deadhorse: over and over agian, day after day. **** is gone and now the offense has to adjust without ****. It will happen.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference