PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week 3 - Bills 34, Pats 31 - Post-Game Thread (mucho mergers)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

After Brady throws a pick, are you upset with his lack of effort to tackle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget that the Patriots were also missing Vollmer, which further limited what they could do on O.

That statement is indicative of how much we've relied on TB putting up career numbers every week. 31 points is usually not viewed as the result of a "limited" Offense.

Just to show how accustomed I, for one, have become to relying on big points on the board, in the Predict the Score contest this week I had the Pats winning 38--27. The point being that they needed that kind of scoring to win.

As I commented above, we didn't get the game in NYC, so I'm reluctant to say too much. But, usually, when a team is up 21--0 and then loses, you do look to the Defense.

Usually..but when your QB keeps giving the ball away right when they look like they will go down and score..it doesn't help...

Re: vs. Raiders Next week

I think they will concentrate on stopping the run. Probably move to a makeshift 34 over practice this week. This will help McCourty keep his man in front of him but leave the belly of the defense exposed like last year.

Hopefully raiders get their weapons back on offense next week .. Can't wait to see this raider offense when jacoby Ford and Louis murphy are back. T Pryor might be someone they could use in the redzone. Raiders are going to need all those weapons as I think next week game going to be a shootout . Team that has it last just might decide the game.

Last edited:

McFadden is going to run over us all day and Big Sey is licking his chops already ...

Is this the first game Pats face him after the trade ??
McFadden and the speedy receivers.. can't wait.

Hopefully raiders get their weapons back on offense next week .. Can't wait to see this raider offense when jacoby Ford and Louis murphy are back. T Pryor might be someone they could use in the redzone. Raiders are going to need all those weapons as I think next week game going to be a shootout . Team that has it last just might decide the game.

To be honest I was feeling really good about our meeting next week until today. McFadden is a stud and 1/2 and changes the whole face of your offense. I'd like to thank him for dropping a 170+ o the Jets though. That Moore kid seems like a dynamic player you've been missing for awhile as well

Our defense should have 3 returning starters and I hope it is enough to slow you guys down enough for our offense to outscore you guys. That's about the jest of it nowadays,our defense isn't stopping anyone from the opponents 1 to our 20 yard line. Strong red one defense when healthy but that's about it.

Our offense you probably are well aware of.

Last edited:

LMAO, get em... GET EM!!

I would not want to be the raiders...having to play aganst TB who just threw 4 int's

Stop McFadden..unlike the Jets....and win

Last edited:

they have a great pass rusher in richard seymour .. boy he is a stud wonder if the pats could get a guy like that:rolleyes:

I would not want to be the raiders...having to play aganst TB who just threw 4 int's

Stop McFadden..unlike the Jets....and win

run dmc will get his regardless of the opponent.

the more realistic m.o. should be to limit/contain him.

Hey guys,
was there ever a time when the Patriots sign a multi-year multi-million dollars contract to a defensive player like the Bears did with Julius Peppers?? Or there was none?

Hey guys,
was there ever a time when the Patriots sign a multi-year multi-million dollars contract to a defensive player like the Bears did with Julius Peppers?? Or there was none?

Yes, Adalius Thomas comes to mind as one of the more recent, notable signings.

Rodney on whether the Raiders can handle the Patriots:

Just watched in NBC half time show when they were discussing pats

ET: raiders handled jets today and I'm a believer and they are getting pats next week and they can handle them ... (he looks at rodney )

rodney: stares at him and goes "NO, not the angry pats team..."

this was classic rodney. but hope what he said comes true next week.

Hopefully team is on fire..

Last edited:

they have a great pass rusher in richard seymour .. boy he is a stud wonder if the pats could get a guy like that:rolleyes:

The dude wasn't going to re-sign. He supposedly had some beef with bb towards the end and he wanted big money. He has enough rings, it's all about the $.

Rodney on whether the Raiders can handle the Patriots:

Raiders are really struggling defensively right now. I don't know how they stop Patriots offense. Raiders get their full weapons back on offense(J Ford and Louis Murphy) I don't know how you stop Raiders offense.
Hopefully the long trip out west will effect Patriots offense somewhat. That Raiders are able to stop Patriots offense more times they stop ours.

Re: Time to give up on the one gap 43 aggressive D that cant stop anyone

Really? So the blown calls by the refs that game Buffalo 45 yards in penalties meant nothing?? That's hilarious since it led, directly, to the game tying score..

Ah, so when a DB runs right into a receiver who is coming back to the ball, thats a blown call to you?
The Patriots were beaten because they couldn't stop the Bills offense. Stop making excuses.

Ah, so when a DB runs right into a receiver who is coming back to the ball, thats a blown call to you?
The Patriots were beaten because they couldn't stop the Bills offense. Stop making excuses.
It was blatant PI wasn't it Andy. We've too many players on defense who look out of their depth atm.

It was blatant PI wasn't it Andy. We've too many players on defense who look out of their depth atm.

It was just dumb, but it happened because he was beaten and instead of playing football he was chasing the guy who had beaten him, oblivious to the end line.
No I disagree with your statement. We have young safeties out there who are learning on the job, but they were far from the biggest problem today.
Frankly, i think our scheme blows and we are setting the defense up for failure by trying to be something we/they are not.
When you have Tom Brady and the best offense, by far, in the NFL, there is simply no need to try to create plays with an aggressive defensive scheme (unless your players fit it, which ours do not). Gambling and risking giving up big plays is the best way to let an inferior opponent hang with you. If we played the style of defense we played for the last decade we win this game easily.

Usually..but when your QB keeps giving the ball away right when they look like they will go down and score..it doesn't help...

Can't disagree with you. I have now seen some clips from the game and it was butt-ugly in the second half....to the extent that you'd almost believe it if you were told that someone put something in Brady's Gatorade at the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST