PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Weather thread for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The game is still a few days away, but it looks like it will be in the low to mid 20s for saturday's game against baltimore. Unfortunately, baltimore is probably the only remaining afc playoff opponent that isn't afraid of the cold.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMA0146:1:US

The great news is that it looks like it will be even colder for the AFCCG, provided the boys win on Saturday.

Meanwhile, in Denver on Sunday it will be in the 30s. Probably favors the broncos since Luck is a dome quarterback.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCO0105:1:US

Last edited:
Manning's record in the cold and his declining arm strength tells me that the weather may favor the Colts. Unfortunately, the match ups favor the Broncos and the Broncos can win while taking the ball out of Manning's hands while the Colts cannot without Luck throwing all over the field.

I still like it being cold. The Ravens may be better suited than a team like the Colts would be, but I still think the advantage goes to the Pats in cold weather games. If there's wind, even better, as it will really foul up Flacco's chuck-and-pray game style.

I think the only team I would consider being dead even with us in cold weather would be Green Bay. It's even more a part of their culture than ours.

Meanwhile, in Denver on Sunday it will be in the 30. Probably favors the broncos since Luck is a dome quarterback.

This made me spit out my coffee. This may be the first time anyone has said this about a Manning led team. I can't say I see it that way but it will be an interesting game.

This made me spit out my coffee. I can't say I see it that way but it will be an interesting game.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but both manning and luck are indoorsy type QBs. The broncos can pound the rock with CJ Anderson, not sure I can say the same for the colts.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
IF the Pats win Saturday, watching the Colts/Broncos game will be fun. Both teams have major weaknesses so it doesnt matter who wins. Anderson may rush for 200 yards in a Broncos win, or Manning may throw three picks and the Colts win.

I still like it being cold. The Ravens may be better suited than a team like the Colts would be, but I still think the advantage goes to the Pats in cold weather games. If there's wind, even better, as it will really foul up Flacco's chuck-and-pray game style.

I think the only team I would consider being dead even with us in cold weather would be Green Bay. It's even more a part of their culture than ours.
Why would the cold favor the Pats more than the Ravens, the Ravens play in the cold at home, and they play in the cold on the road, Steelers, Browns, and Bengals are all cold weather cities. Flacco has played well in the cold too.

It is what it is n what it'll be. If you want to change it build a dome. Otherwise move on

I think any advantage comes out in the wash though, as they have had a better run game with Forsett this year (very surprising).

If we were playing Peyton or Luck, it would be different.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but both manning and luck are indoorsy type QBs. The broncos can pound the rock with CJ Anderson, not sure I can say the same for the colts.

This does not change the fact that you owe me a new cup of coffee.

It's going to be cold. I hope they can win.

I wish the pats game was 0 deg...bring on the cold baby!

Unfortunately, Flacco isn't Manning. I don't think it'll bother him much, as he has played fairly well in the cold. What's going bother him is our secondary. ;)

Why doesn't multi quote work?

Well, anyway, I agree with many above. The only QB/team I know of that is severely weather after is Peyton/ his team. It will be cold and windy for both, and though it might change Brady's 10 into a 9 and Flacco's 8 into a 7, it is not like Manning's 9 into a 4. Yes, I made up numbers based on nothing to illustrate my point.

Why would the cold favor the Pats more than the Ravens, the Ravens play in the cold at home, and they play in the cold on the road, Steelers, Browns, and Bengals are all cold weather cities. Flacco has played well in the cold too.

Huh, I went to look for cold weather stats for Flacco (because I thought they were worse than they apparently are), and have come to the conclusion that I was talking out of my ass. I retract my opinion :D

Well, anyway, I agree with many above. The only QB/team I know of that is severely weather after is Peyton/ his team. It will be cold and windy for both, and though it might change Brady's 10 into a 9 and Flacco's 8 into a 7, it is not like Manning's 9 into a 4. Yes, I made up numbers based on nothing to illustrate my point.

Edit: Just read sicilian's post. I too change my opinion. :) Edit #2: I misread it. I'll change back. I disagreed before I agreed and then changed my opinion again. :) I think I'll do some research and figure out what i think.:)

Edit: Just read sicilian's post. I too change my opinion. :)
I think Brady plays even better when it's unbearable conditions. Something about our QB always clicks when the playing field is not ideal to other players

I think Brady plays even better when it's unbearable conditions. Something about our QB always clicks when the playing field is not ideal to other players

Entire team seems to play that way..See titans game and bears game recently

it's going to be 20 degrees in Green Bay on Sunday. Good luck cowboys lol.

John Fox, Mr. Originality, is watching Pats v Colts film right now and is just going to pound Indy with C.J.
I'm not expecting Denver to loss, but if it happened, I wouldn't be shocked considering who Denver's QB is.

I want Denver to win anyway. Tom is unfortunately 1-2 now against Manning in AFCCG's because of last year. It's a worthless stat, all things considered, but fixing that this year will mean I don't have to hear about it for the next 10 years from Manning apologists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST