PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, you're wasting your time. They just don't get it, and they don't want to get it.

You don't think Cassel would sign a 50M deal with 20M guaranteed?

What do you think it would take for Cassel to sign Dues? Give me a contract number.

How about you participate and make intelligent comments other than your snide, disrespectful "they just don't get it". Make an argument with some actual substance.

Last edited:
You don't think Cassel would sign a 50M deal with 20M guaranteed?

What do you think it would take for Cassel to sign Dues? Give me a contract number.

How about you participate and make intelligent comments other than your snide, disrespectful "they just don't get it". Make an argument with some actual substance.

Why? The entire discussion is based on a ridiculous premise that's defended with red herrings and terrible analogies. That's the whole point. You even tried a dead money argument which was completely destroyed, yet you persist in posting made up numbers and just changing them to suit yourself every time it's pointed out they don't work.

By the way, Eli is reportedly going to see his salary start averaging $15 million a year
Giant payday coming to Eli Manning after laying Eagle egg

and Rivers is also supposedly going to get a $100 million dollar contract.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Manning, Rivers could sign huge deals in offseason

So, if Cassel is being told, in essence, that he's so good he should be replacing the best quarterback in the NFL (which is what ditching Brady for him would mean to him and his agent), why the hell would he take your $50 million dollar offer? Do you believe that Cassel and his agent are both that stupid?

when will this worthless thread be banished........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You even tried a dead money argument which was completely destroyed, yet you persist in posting made up numbers and just changing them to suit yourself every time it's pointed out they don't work.

Please point out where. "you're making stuff up" isn't a valid counter argument.

and Rivers is also supposedly going to get a $100 million dollar contract.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Manning, Rivers could sign huge deals in offseason

So, if Cassel is being told, in essence, that he's so good he should be replacing the best quarterback in the NFL (which is what ditching Brady for him would mean to him and his agent), why the hell would he take your $50 million dollar offer? Do you believe that Cassel and his agent are both that stupid?

Eli is a 5 year starter. Rivers is a multiple probowler. Cassel is not. In 5 years, he might be, but hes not right now. If the Patriots think he can be, then now is the perfect time to lock him up.

Rodgers, Shaub, etc, are valid comparisons. Guys who've been to multiple probowls arent. Cassel isn't replacing "the bets quarterback in the NFL." He's replacing a guy who was the best QB in the NFL, and if we're luck, will still be. Theres also a chance he could be replacing Daunte Culpepper 2.

Last edited:
Please point out where. "you're making stuff up" isn't a valid counter argument.

Eli is a 5 year starter. Rivers is a multiple probowler. Cassel is not. In 5 years, he might be, but hes not right now. If the Patriots think he can be, then now is the perfect time to lock him up.

Rodgers, Shaub, etc, are valid comparisons. Guys who've been to multiple probowls arent. Cassel isn't replacing "the bets quarterback in the NFL." He's replacing a guy who was the best QB in the NFL, and if we're luck, will still be. Theres also a chance he could be replacing Daunte Culpepper 2.

I'm sorry I can't keep coming back into this thread, but its humorous to see the gaps in logic, and I have nothing better to do at work. So, let me entertain myself.

So let me get this straight.

Here's a few key pieces of the logic in your argument:

1) Matt Cassel isn't on par with Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers, but you want him to replace Tom Brady.
2) The Patriots do not know if Matt Cassel is near the 2nd tier QBs you listed, but they should lock him up with a multi-year deal that is paying him a hefty salary.
3) Tom Brady may not come back healthy and he may not be the form he used to be. If that's the case, then for some reason, other teams will want to trade for him, and trade for him as if he was Tom Brady in his prime.

Just explain to me how this timeline unfolds? Because if Brady comes back, and he's not the Brady of old, then you will not be able to trade him for anything of value. And if he is the Brady of old, why trade him?

Its a joke. Really, this is entertaining, it just scares me that there are people who think this is a good option. Or an option at all.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I can't keep coming back into this thread, but its humorous to see the gaps in logic, and I have nothing better to do at work. So, let me entertain myself.

So let me get this straight.

Here's a few key pieces of the logic in your argument:

1) Matt Cassel isn't on par with Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers, but you want him to replace Tom Brady.
2) The Patriots do not know if Matt Cassel is near the 2nd tier QBs you listed, but they should lock him up with a multi-year deal that is paying him a hefty salary.
3) Tom Brady may not come back healthy and he may not be the form he used to be. If that's the case, then for some reason, other teams will want to trade for him, and trade for him as if he was Tom Brady in his prime.

Just explain to me how this timeline unfolds? Because if Brady comes back, and he's not the Brady of old, then you will not be able to trade him for anything of value. And if he is the Brady of old, why trade him?

Its a joke. Really, this is entertaining, it just scares me that there are people who think this is a good option. Or an option at all.

The Chargers are going to pay Rivers a 100 million dollars? Do they no Ca. has no money? Ca. could be in alot of trouble. Do these teams think this will not lower the bottom line?

when will this worthless thread be banished........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yes, it should be banished..........because Tom Brady has won three Super Bowls for the Patriots. Was that your logic or should we keep guessing?

Good chance Bradford & Sanchez stay in school - Great news for Brady's trade value

So from what I'm hearing, there is a very good chance both Sanchez & Bradford might stay for their senior years. That will pretty much make Stafford the only round 1 caliber QB, which means you might have a lot more teams who want a QB willing to part with their first for a guy like Brady.

Stay tuned ...

If we got #1 pick for Brady - what would BB do?

Supposed we got the Chiefs/Viking's # 1 for him ; what would we do?
Is their a Stud player you think BB would want or would he trade down.
Can we afford to sign two # 1's?
What would you like to see us do.
thanks

Re: If we got #1 pick for Brady - what would BB do?

Commit suicide.

Re: Good chance Bradford & Sanchez stay in school - Great news for Brady's trade valu

So from what I'm hearing, there is a very good chance both Sanchez & Bradford might stay for their senior years. That will pretty much make Stafford the only round 1 caliber QB, which means you might have a lot more teams who want a QB willing to part with their first for a guy like Brady.

Stay tuned ...
I think you're half right:

USC quarterback Mark Sanchez will enter NFL draft - ESPN

Mentions Matt Cassel as giving him input or advice.

Last edited:

Laugh...and then hang up the phone !

Theres also a chance he could be replacing Daunte Culpepper 2.

Daunte Culpepper's problems weren't his injuries or his physical ability, they were always his head. He just isn't smart enough. Brady, even with possible diminished physical capacity (which is unlikely, honestly - look at Manning), will be a top tier QB.

Daunte Culpepper's problems weren't his injuries or his physical ability, they were always his head. He just isn't smart enough. Brady, even with possible diminished physical capacity (which is unlikely, honestly - look at Manning), will be a top tier QB.

Warner is a good example of what Brady will be like when he does lose some of his physical ability.

Supposed we got the Chiefs/Viking's # 1 for him ; what would we do?
Is their a Stud player you think BB would want or would he trade down.
Can we afford to sign two # 1's?
What would you like to see us do.
thanks

What happened to you?

Brady sucks. He cant throw the deep ball like Bledsoe. And Bledsoe is a future hall of famer while Brady is just an unproven kid. He just dinks and dunks.

Warner is a good example of what Brady will be like when he does lose some of his physical ability.

Not today's Warner, but rather the Warner of the Greatest Show on Turf might be the correct example. But yeah, that's a pretty good one. Honestly, he's not going to lose his arm strength or touch because of a knee injury, nor his ability to read defenses or make adjustments. The one thing he might possibly lose is a little mobility in the pocket, though this was one thing that made him Superman in the first place (and I don't mean scrambling ability, but his ability to slide back and forth). Still, he feels the rush a lot better than Cassel.

Well I would be setting my DVR to record Brady's new team because he is too awesome not to watch. I just don't see that happening though. Tom is the face of the Patriots and the NFL so I cannot see Coach B making that mistake because Tom is exactly the player he wants in his system. It would also cause other players to drop out of the system. You have to remember that the team has very few #1 picks and have done just fine with mid to late round players, plus that doesn't break the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe