PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rounds 4-7 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is our 2013 WR core barring anything weird?

1. Amendola
2. Dobson
3. Jones
4. Boyce
5. Edelman

All young for once, lets see what they got.....

Edelmans the vet of our receiving corps.. Never imagined Id be saying that :)

Logan Ryan and Josh Boyce restore my faith in the importance of the 3-cone :)

Also a very good 40 yard dash -4.34-, decent shuttle -4.10-, and good bench for a WR -22 reps-

So, is quick, agile and powerful, with good size and bulk. Good value in 4th round

It seems the Dolphins are drafting every third pick. What is this their 47th pick?

Interesting that Patton and Rogers still available. David Bahktiari is falling. Philip Thomas is falling.

Don't count on either Jones or Jenkins making the team.*

* Disclaimer: This is the poster's opinion of the points being raised specifically in the quoted post, about the general discussion at hand, and he realizes that others may agree or disagree. He considers that understood on a message board.

Jones has a good shot imo.

Now we just hope some of these character/injury guys fall all the way to the 7th. I'm sure there will still be a chance at some good players available then, just need to take some risks.

So, this is our 2013 WR core barring anything weird?

1. Amendola
2. Dobson
3. Jones
4. Boyce
5. Edelman

All young for once, lets see what they got.....

Brady's experience at home with his young kids will help him working with this young WR corps.

Interesting that two of the Pats selections (Boyce and Collins) seemed to have situations outside their control this past season that might have significantly affected their production on the field. I wonder if Boyce didn't have a QB change and Collins didn't play on a crap team that quit on their coach whether either would have been much more valued prospects than they are right now. Could the Pats' staff see that they are potential studs who are victims of circustance?

So do we triple dip at WR with a really high upside guy (Wilson, Gardner)?

Still need OG (Herman, Ohio?), RB (Lattimore, Maysonet?) and maybe DT (William Campbell)

Althogh 5'11" he is 205, very thick looking on his clip, strong guy. Coupld play outside not just inside good vertical leap.

Like the pick, would have preferred Da'Rick Rogers, but I believe Boyce had spoken to the Pats before. Not tall at 5'11", but thick, believe he weighs more than Dobson. And Boyes has blazing speed. If Boyes is a smart receiver (can learn the playbook fast), the Pats have drafted two fast strong physical receivers with excellent speed. BB was talking about how smart Dobson is, hopefully Boyce is just as smart. Passing game has totally gotten bigger, faster and younger, but a lot of new guys. Hopefully none of them have Ocho disease (can't learn the playbook).

Would like to take a flyer on Lattimore if he slips to the 7th, perhaps see some UDFA from a small college as a RB?

So do we triple dip at WR with a really high upside guy (Wilson, Gardner)?

Still need OG (Herman, Ohio?), RB (Lattimore, Maysonet?) and maybe DT (William Campbell)

If Da'rick is the next Dennard and lasts until 7th why not?

I want the best available QB at one of the 7ths.

Why is Jesse Williams dropping SO much? He was a 1-2 rd DT before the draft and is still available.

Also a very good 40 yard dash -4.34-, decent shuttle -4.10-, and good bench for a WR -22 reps-

So, is quick, agile and powerful, with good size and bulk. Good value in 4th round

I'd call that an excellent bench for a WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore