PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Pats vs. Eagles Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEVERAL nimrods threw in the towel minutes into the game

Game threads suck

Bigtime

Amen, brother.

I don't bother reading them now...watch the game with friends in front of the TV, and follow with reiss/bedard on twitter.

Amen, brother.

I don't bother reading them now...watch the game with friends in front of the TV, and follow with reiss/bedard on twitter.

I enjoy the games much more not reading the game thread, it used to be fun but its been infested with nimrods without prozac.

I love how literally everyone hates Dan Dierdorf. Eagles fans think he was way too biased for the Pats. Every fan base, whether it be the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, or whatever, seems to think that he's just awful and biased but I guess that's the fate of sportscasters.

Dan Dierdorf blowing New England - Eagles Message Board

SEVERAL nimrods threw in the towel minutes into the game

Game threads suck

Bigtime

Don't blame me, I just set it up.;) I learned several years ago not to post during the games.

And the only time I read any game thread posts is when I have a complaint in my email.

OMG... they had more yards than we did, and we all know that yards are the most important thing! /sarcasm

Vince Young put up 400 yards, when the playoffs come...there will be a QB who can put up that yardage, but will also put up 30 points.

My lasting memory from the game: Belichick's challenge.

It's a kick-off return and the challenge will gain you -- what? -- about six yards: from the 24 to the 18. And you risk using up one of the challenges you may need later in the game in a serious situation. I was shouting at the TV: "You'd better be right, Belichick!" -- and, of course, he was, clear as day!

Attention to detail: that's BB. :rocker:

Last edited:
First off, the defense played very well today.

Shaky start but that throw to Cooper from Young was a thing of beauty. Call it what you will the play call was devious and caught us off guard. Kudos to them for their execution. 2nd drive bomb again was a nice throw and coverage was not so good. After that drive the Pats tightened up and were not so stunned by the speed of this team and adjusted accordingly.

Brady was exceptional today. I like how he has been scrambling for yards the last 2 games. Not anything too risky but nice to see him extend drives.

It was nice to see Branch and Welker fully involved today. Matter of fact the TE's Hernandez and Gronkowski were fully in the mix too. No team can beat us when Brady and the full squad is clicking.

The running game was on fire in the first quarter. BJGE ran well. I can't help but wonder if when the game got out of hand that they decided to sit him the rest of the game. imo his toe must be hurting pretty bad. Probably would of played the whole game had it been closer. Just the kind of warrior he is.

Defensively the win was impressive. Trying to have to stop McCoy, contain Young as well as covering the speedy receivers is a tall order and they stepped up big. Couple of hiccups in the secondary but overall I give everyone a high grade for effort and execution of the game plan. Mr Anderson is one of the spark plugs on this defensive front and I can honestly say his emergence has been one of the keys to alot of the Patriots success as of late.

Really hope we lay a 63-0 beat down on the colts next week. I have no mercy or remorse for that organization, especially for that pig Polian.

Last edited:
Vince Young put up 400 yards, when the playoffs come...there will be a QB who can put up that yardage, but will also put up 30 points.
Vince Young put up garbage stats because the Patriots committed to stopping LeSean McCoy. If you hadn't noticed, he's the form rusher of the NFL in 2011 and the Eagles' best player by some margin.

McCoy didn't beat the Patriots and we smacked them in their house. That is good enough for me.

That QB would have lost today as well.

Also, keep in mind that the defense is improving and should be getting 4 big pieces back in Chung, McCourty, Spikes and Fletcher.

Number of thoughts...

1. Defense Nickname - the Dangerfield Defense. For obvious reasons. Just love the discipline they're playing with. Edelman actually looks more like a DB than many of the DBs I've seen on the field over the last five years. Really lays the wood and a solid coverage guy and tackler.

2. Nimrods - appropriate name for them along with Chicken Littles, I agree completely with the mods banning the relentlessly negative crap spewing constantly from these idiots. I've no problem with critical thinking or pessimism, but these guys are mostly opposition fans, haters or Patriot fans who are like little girls. Don't know why R_T26 escaped the ban, GTFO.

3. Dierdorf - the worst announcer of all the ones we've had broadcasting our games this year by a quantum level. Please retire. Or just have someone take him to that cornfield in Goodfellas and give him the respect he deserves. What an azzclown. "The defense is #10 in scoring because the offense is so efficient". Say what? In what world does that make any sense whatsoever?

4. "Not Ben" Vereen - wow, he looked like Ridley used to, getting yards where there were none, and that hard-to-define but impossible-to-miss "electricity" where he just accelerates past the defender and into the next lever. As to Ridley, I'm mystified as to why he always has a defender at his feet as soon as he's handed the ball. I know I expect run every time he's in there, perhaps the defenses do too. Need to mix it up with the playcalling when he's in there, which may reflect poor blitz pickup on his part. Benny was running very hard and well.

5. The Price is wrong - can't understand why he wasn't in there, Underwood must be looking at the tape and wondering how he could have been given such a golden opportunity and squandered it. Something to reflect on as he stacks the Campbell's soup...

6. Seabass - whither thou goest? So happy Solder is there and Cannon was kept on the roster, we're going to need them.

7. Ninko - steady as a rock back there, cleaning up, making sure tackles and always at least one play.

8. Moore - was excited to see him, not disappointed in his play. May have found a diamond in the rough there.

Great game. 38-20 in Philly is damn impressive. Sure, they may only have 4 wins, but they include a blowout over Dallas and beat the NYG.

The Pats' 2nd drive of the game was huge. Already down 10-0 and having barely held the ball on the 1st drive, they needed to both score and kill some clock to give the D time to recoup. 12 plays and 7 minutes later, it was 10-7 and the Pats were in prime position to grab hold of the game. Philly went 3-and-out on the ensuing possession and after that great Brady-to-Branch broken play, it was 14-10 early in the 2nd quarter.

The great 2nd quarter continued. VY through that deep pick on the next play from scrimmage, then the Pats squandered the opportunity with a missed FG, yet Philly again went 3-and-out and Brady hit Welker with the TD bomb and the game was theirs to lose. When Philly tried to pull within a score with the FG, the Pats answered with one of their own to maintain the 11pt lead.

The Pats broke the Eagles back by driving for a TD and a commanding 31-13 lead with the opening drive of the 2nd half. Ballgame.

That 31-3 stretch was one of the most commanding performances I've seen against any team in their own house. It was a complete effort and that *this* personnel on D played a key role is incredible. The team really seems to be hitting its stride, particularly on D, and Brady seems to be shaking off the hits and making pinpoint throws again. Bring on Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Regards,
Chris

I really wonder when BB started giving Edelman defensive reps. He tackles more soundly than 70% of the league.

Haven't read through this thread or post game articles so this may have been pointed out already, but, when was the last time Brady only completed passes to 4 different receivers in a game?

Not complaining at all, Tom played a near flawless game, just stuck out to me as a statistical oddity.

and oh yeah, after McAtee and Tasker at 1:00, our announcers sounded like Michaels and Madden.

I really wonder when BB started giving Edelman defensive reps. He tackles more soundly than 70% of the league.

As we have seen in multiple examples, including the LT tackle, he seems to go low, taking the legs out..textbook tackling to be honest.

My lasting memory from the game: Belichick's challenge.

It's a kick-off return and the challenge will gain you -- what? -- about six yards: from the 24 to the 18. And you risk using up one of the challenges you may need later in the game in a serious situation. I was shouting at the TV: "You'd better be right, Belichick!" -- and, of course, he was, clear as day!

Attention to detail: that's BB. :rocker:

I knew it SHOULD be called that way WITHOUT SEEING REPLAY. (so I wasnt too concerned) But what the refs would actually call when reviewed was a bit of a tossup. So in that regard BB is gutsy.

I thought it was a good statement from BB that EVEN 6 YARDS IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I think that sent a message to both teams.

But I wish the NFL would relook the down by contact rule. I think it INHERENTLY STOOOOPID that a defender can pull a guy completely down and just because the knees and elbows are touching the defender and not the ground surface directly; .... the runner is still active.

That is so BS. I mean the rules state you can't use another OP as leverage, like on the goal line, to go over the top of defenders. So why should he be able to use defenders as leverage to be declared "still upright" when he is PARALLEL TO THE GROUND SURFACE.

Bill answered that question in one of his pressers last week. Said the reps started about a month ago.

I thought BB coached his very best game.

Underwood drops a TD and hes running back to the huddle smiling and laughing. Enjoy the bench. See Ocho, Price, Slater.

The NE D line was shifting back and forth and had the Philly OL all screwed up.

This NE secondary is coming to together and will only improve more when Mcourty and Chung return.

And resigned Matt Light (many here thought he was done), and signed Brian Waters.
And drafted Cannon.

I firmly believe that the NE OL was beat up last post season and BB drafted Solder and Cannon not only for the future, but to play immediately.

As we have seen in multiple examples, including the LT tackle, he seems to go low, taking the legs out..textbook tackling to be honest.
It's a lot easier to teach textbook technique to someone when they don't have years of experience and previous training to undo! And, he's certainly shown that he's a coachable player, so we shouldn't be too amazed. Pleasantly surprised, absolutely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft