PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Rams POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love the irony of posters complaining about complainers. :p

Great win. It gives a fan hope to know that the offense is capable of this type of game because it means they can beat anyone on the right day. As we all know, the NFL is about getting hot at the right time for a string of games. No reason Pats can't be that team.

That's assuming they can stop blowing two score fourth quarter leads of course ... ;)

Just stating the obvious :)

Call me crazy but I think the play that changed the game was the 4 &1 at the goal line. Kick a field go there and the Rams will be invigorated that they made a stop. Not punch it in and we will be the ones who are deflated.
I just wish we had gone for it as well in Baltimore and at Seattle when we got into similar situation and chickened out.

You're not crazy. I agree. I think any time a team is fourth and goal inside the five they should always go for it. I'd be willing to bet along with turnovers a stat that correlates highly to losing is <25 yd FGs.

Last edited:
original.gif

The irony of posters pointing out that these CL's have damn near ruined this site?...they got it coming....all the Borges buttboyz and the rest of the Cubicle Empire who slam everything the Pats ever do are front and center this week...too bad...you don't like it go sit on a Jets board and commiserate with the green miserables.

nice post...on Breer I can only concur 100%...the thing is, unlike a lot of others , I NEVER liked him from the start.

I agree with the ideas that the defense and offense are improving...slowly...too slow for a lot of fans...but this does fit with the way the Pats have played under BB.

I haven't looked at one game so far where I felt comfortable with predicting a large margin of victory...until now. I think you're wrong about this being a close game. I think the Pats may well double them up ...say 34-17...this may as well be another home game for the Pats, it is familiar to them and the Rams have some significant issues right now on both sides of the ball.

That's my two cents ,Ken...

FOAD to every fake, fraud and stupid little crybaby sky is falling fan out there....

Last edited:
Great win from our boys, not long got back to the hotel from Wembley! Took just over an hour and a half!

- Except for the opening drive, the D were great! Run D was good as usual, and the pass rush would have had more sacks if Bradford hasn't been impressive at getting the ball out of his hands when pressured (except his two penalties)

- the O were exactly what I wanted to see! Brady marched down the field! Only punting once when Brady was in. Some guy behind me and my girlfriend shouting 'Brady, you suck, nobody wants you here' which allowed me to shout 'what was that?' After the first TD,

- while there were more Patriots fans than any of the other 31, the majority of other fans support against the Patriots! But this worked in our favour when most don't realise that you cheer when your team is on D not O! Pats would be on D, third down and the crowd were cheering!

- I had said to my girlfriend earlier in the day that most fans of American Football in the UK do not take the sport as serious as other sports. When you have a one off game like this, I know that you will get a mixture of fans, but a lot don't seem to care for a team! So I saw someone wearing a Bronco's jersey, but wearing a Jags hat! I also saw a guy in a Brady jersey and a Steelers hat! I know this is silly but it really annoyed me! You wouldn't see someone wearing a Liverpool top with a Newcastle wooly hat!

- I was also annoyed at the number of people leaving early! I know it was a blow out and leaving at the 2 minute warming is fine, but people started leaving after the third quarter! I actually felt sorry for the Rams, because fans were basically saying 'you are ****, we are going home'!

- the Rams cheerleaders were terrible! They were out of time with each other!

- the marketing from the NFL, NFL UK, and the sponsors was likely planned by an idiot! The organisation at the official tailgate was bad! Put popular things near the exit, so the queue (which was 50+ people) covered the exit! As for New Era, they had a tiny tent at the Fan Rally and sold out of Patriots knits, and then at the tailgate, they had a massive stand with promotion bits, but the queue was huge (and slow) and no way for people who just wanted a hat! We also heard someone say that they had sold out of a load of hats, I believe the sold out were Pats, Packers and Cowboys, which are pretty popular teams over here! Stock more!

- Nike Town on Oxford Street was all NFL downstairs, yet stocked bugger all Pats and Rams gear compared to others! There were really nice jackets but only in Packers, Raiders, Steelers and Giants! I know the NFL is raising the profile of the sport, but they should show off the teams that a playing! Anyone without a team will likely want to wearing the clothing of the teams playing!

- a missed opportunity for money was the lack of pink beast cancer awareness merch! Nothing! There are a lot of female fans of the sport and know that they would buy pink stuff as well as the male fans! I know my girlfriend wanted a pink hat, but nothing!

While I list a lot of annoyances, the game (the most important part) was great, from the perspective of a Patriots fans!

And to finish it off with a joke, the best quote I heard while waiting for the tube: (about there being 2 games next season and the likelihood of them not both selling out) They should play the games further apart, maybe one in October and one in March!'

The UK does like the sport, honest!

The irony of posters pointing out that these CL's have damn near ruined this site?...they got it coming....all the Borges buttboyz and the rest of the Cubicle Empire who slam everything the Pats ever do are front and center this week...too bad...you don't like it go sit on a Jets board and commiserate with the green miserables.

FOAD to every fake, fraud and stupid little crybaby sky is falling fan out there....

The problem is the combination of extreme chicken littles mixed in with extreme homers who attack any criticism or critique of the team.

Not a whole lot to complain about. Yeah the opening drive sucked and I thought "here we go again." after that bomb which lead to a TD. Zero complaints about the offense. Passing and running game were solid. Defense played well. They finally got to the QB and they did a good job stopping the passing game of the rams. All around great win. While I don't expect blowouts like this every week I am hoping I see this type of performance from the team from here on out.

Saw a Rams beat writer say that Belichick controls the officials.... I wish! Hahaha.

Last edited:
The Curse of Rodney Harrison:

In the last two games that a Jeff Fisher team has faced a Bill Belichick team, BB's teams have outscored Fisher's teams by the cumulative total of 104-7.

:cool:

I find them more annoying.

Team is 14-2, 13-3, etc., wins year after year. Homers find the negativity on here ridiculous given what this team has accomplished.

I've been an extreme homer since roughly the 5th or 6th game of the 2001 season.

and snipy little cowards who damn the optimistic segment of the fanbase and beatch about having to endure "the homers" because it stunts YOUR asinine hater agendas...they AREN'T annoying?????????????????????????????????????????????

why do you come here, then...to just pontificate from on high and cast your aspersions all friggin week in every thread?...it's boring when the Pats win, eh?

you're NOT Pats fans...you are egotistical know-it-all wannabe sports dweebs only interested in negativity....again, find a tall friggin' bridge or run in front of a tractor trailer on I-93...your sickening brand of defeatism in the face of the greatest ten year run in Patriot history is disgusting.

and snipy little cowards who damn the optimistic segment of the fanbase and beatch about having to endure "the homers" because it stunts YOUR asinine hater agendas...they AREN'T annoying?????????????????????????????????????????????

why do you come here, then...to just pontificate from on high and cast your aspersions all friggin week in every thread?...it's boring when the Pats win, eh?

you're NOT Pats fans...you are egotistical know-it-all wannabe sports dweebs only interested in negativity....again, find a tall friggin' bridge or run in front of a tractor trailer on I-93...your sickening brand of defeatism in the face of the greatest ten year run in Patriot history is disgusting.

Serenity now.

trouble sleeping? try heroin..........

I'm not sure what you're all fired up about but it sounds like you're advocating people commit suicide in back to back posts.

when the CL can't blabber about all the terrible things happening, just change the goalposts and make up more troll garbage.

when the CL can't blabber about all the terrible things happening, just change the goalposts and make up more troll garbage.

One of these posts actually says that there was nothing to complain about because the offense kept moving the ball all day. The trouble is, I don't think the poster was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News