PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Raiders Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think our offense has the potential to be very good, if not great, but they really need to get those mental mistakes and sloppiness out of their game.

On the flipside, huge props to the D for putting up a single digit performance. I don't care who the opponent is, that's impressive.

The Patriots are playing the best defense since the early 2000s the special teams are clutch.
We protected the ball Vellano didnt loook like a doormat when Siliga went out.
Lafell got involved Admendola ran tough on the penalty play.
Gronk looks better every game.
Wright makes Hooman look like a terrible receiving tight end.
Chandler looks clutch and knocking on the door of elite.
Brady was erratic then settled down.
Finally Big Vince was Big Vince what's not to love?
PS. Ridley held onto the ball!
So tired of hearing the whole, "Ridley didn't fumble today!". He hasn't fumbled since something like Week 12 of last season.

I'll take a hard fought win like this. It'll get us ready for the playoffs more so than blowouts.
Playoffs ? Playoffs ? Unless this team pulls a 180, we ain't making the playoffs. Defense looked good, but against two horrible offenses. Cincinnati will torch this defense. And this offense won't be able to match up with most mid grade offenses, let alone the Cincinatti's, Denver's and Colts of the AFC.

DeGarbagelmo looks like he's been teaching the jail break offense where you LET your man breeze by you and smash the QB all 4 quarters. Maybe I saw a different offensive game set than the experts.

Honestly, I most definitely see a trade coming. We have a plethora of picks and enough cap space to absorb a good OLineman. It would be insanity to leave Brady and all his (lack of) mobility in his 37 years behind a swiss cheese like this.

Did not happen during draft or off-season, won't happen now.

Playoffs ? Playoffs ? Unless this team pulls a 180, we ain't making the playoffs. Defense looked good, but against two horrible offenses. Cincinnati will torch this defense. And this offense won't be able to match up with most mid grade offenses, let alone the Cincinatti's, Denver's and Colts of the AFC.

Yea because Cincinnati torched a worse defense last year when they played the Pats.

I think Stork is your new starting center, Connelly to guard. Solder had a terrible game, I think he was used to he 2 TE sets and got a lot of help. He needs to play better!!

Teams don't trade good offensive lineman. HUH what, we traded Mankins?

Although wright made a couple nice catches.

A win is a win. Defense and special teams did their job. Offense is not even acceptable at this point. Brady contines to get hit, they struggle to move the ball and score.

6 points against this Raiders defense is just beyond bad.

Did not happen during draft or off-season, won't happen now.
Not really, we usually trade during the regular season in order to improve one are of deficiency (Talib and Sopoaga recently).

I also think that the Staff had a hopeful thought about the potential of the group, considering that most of those guy are pretty young, however, they did not progress as they'd hope for. Could be that DeGuglielmo is simply not up to the task, too.

Anyway, it's one thing to make a mistake, it's another one to keep making it. BB don't take too fondly on repeating mistake, so I can absolutely see a trade happening to correct the Oline and stop this horror show that's in front of TB

Who do you think we trade for?
What offensive lineman is out there that is a immediate upgrade?
Am I the only one that gets sad everyone I watch ohrnberger play?

has anyone else disliked solder for the whole time hes been a patriot. for a first round pick, i just dont think hes lived up to the hype. i know theres probably been more good than bad form solder in his career. i just feel like when ever he goes up against a good pass rusher, he struggles. i expect him to be better for a first round pick. Again, not just a reaction based on today, this goes back to his rookie year

has anyone else disliked solder for the whole time hes been a patriot. for a first round pick, i just dont think hes lived up to the hype. i know theres probably been more good than bad form solder in his career. i just feel like when ever he goes up against a good pass rusher, he struggles. i expect him to be better for a first round pick. Again, not just a reaction based on today, this goes back to his rookie year
Volmer and Flemming at tackles?

Defense gave up a few big plays but at the end of the day only gave up 9. Can't complain there. People look back on that performance a lot more positvely if the offense had dropped a 30 burger on them.

Defense gave up a few big plays but at the end of the day only gave up 9. Can't complain there. People look back on that performance a lot more positvely if the offense had dropped a 30 burger on them.

Take out the bad 2nd half in Miami and in 10 quarters the defense had allowed 2 TD and 1 of them was when Miami started inside their 15 yard line

Furthermore if you include that 2nd half they've given up only 4 TD in 3 games. Don't care if it hasn't looked like Seattle or who they played compared to what we've see in the past and this being an offensive league now it's pretty friggen decent.

I seem to recall the same story last season and we led the league in pts in 2nd half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News